PDA

View Full Version : do you think i will get citizenship after this?

idea_sena
01-29-2011, 08:59 PM
I have a green card and I'm thinking about living 50/50 in US and my home country Slovakia.

I've had GC for about 6 years and been living quite a travelling life spending more time outside US then in. Its also about 50/50 with trips always around 10mo in or out.My continuous residency is broken.

Do you think that if i live 50/50 in and out for five years they will give me citizenship with such history?

Got GC after Mom.

Thank you very much for effort. It will help a lot in deciding where my life will go from here.

sunny1000
01-30-2011, 01:42 AM
I have a green card and I'm thinking about living 50/50 in US and my home country Slovakia.

I've had GC for about 6 years and been living quite a travelling life spending more time outside US then in. Its also about 50/50 with trips always around 10mo in or out.My continuous residency is broken.

Do you think that if i live 50/50 in and out for five years they will give me citizenship with such history?

Got GC after Mom.

Thank you very much for effort. It will help a lot in deciding where my life will go from here.

If you spend more than 180 days a year in the U.S (total of 2.5 years in the 5 years preceding to the application) and show ties to the U.S (a house, tax returns, family etc). If so, it should not be a problem. The U.S ties come into picture only when you are out of the U.S for a extended period of time (like in your current case). Good luck.