PDA

View Full Version : F1 Visa--Out Of status- reinstatement

marcus12
01-28-2011, 03:28 PM
I have finished my 1st MS and was doing my 2nd MS

In fall semester I applied for all online courses and when it was the time of exam I had to leave to India as my Grandfather was very sick.

I was in lot of pressure as I was very close to them so I left. Before leaving I did asked the admission officer in university and she told that I will get all F grades and I can take same courses again in Next semester.

I was ready to do that. So I left USA and came back in January. 2 days before I received a letter from university that I have been dropped off. I was shocked and tried contacting the admission officer. She told me that they can reinstate now for my F1 visa and thats the only way.

I want to know if these is the only way or if there is some other way to get back in status. I dont want to leave country and come back to get reinstatated as I think its too risky.

What are the chances of reinstatement if I have clean history as well as no work records from the time I entered in USA. I have been student from last 4 years from the time I entered USA.

I do want to apply for visitor visa in future. HOw will these situation affect that

sanju_dba
01-28-2011, 04:59 PM
not sure at this critical moment you are seeking your answer in a forum instead knocking the attorney's door.

reddy_h
01-28-2011, 09:11 PM
I think you can apply for reinstatement from within U.S. Check with the International Students Office at your school.

rsayed
01-29-2011, 05:14 PM
I was in a similar situation back in 2000. The difference (in my case) was I entered 2 weeks later than the date mentioned on my I-20.

I took the chance and applied for re-instatement - at that time, I think it cost me $175.

I got my application approved in 28 days...!

Good Luck 'n don't be skeptical. Just apply to be re-instated and you will be fine!!!

~R