PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for GC Long Time - 485 Approved

godbless
04-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I have been waiting GC for my daughter for last 10 months while GC for me and my wife have been recevied. In last 10 months i got three letters from USCIS that when there is availability of Finger Printing Appointment in Naperville,IL an appointment will be made but still no letter. I am amazed that how come form last 10 months there is no appointment availabe in Naperville,IL while 485 was approved almost 1year back and GC for parents have already been sent.
About 8 months back, we got a letter from our previous residence in Columbus,OH regarding her finger printing appoitment in Columbus,OH. We called USCIS and they told us to go to Naperville,IL for finger printing and the finger printing was done in Naperville,IL about 8 months back but USCIS did not accept that finger printing, why no clue.
Now we are waiting for my daughter's finger printing and GC for last 8 months and really getting frustrated what to do.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

BMWX5
04-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I have been waiting GC for my daughter for last 10 months while GC for me and my wife have been recevied. In last 10 months i got three letters from USCIS that when there is availability of Finger Printing Appointment in Naperville,IL an appointment will be made but still no letter. I am amazed that how come form last 10 months there is no appointment availabe in Naperville,IL while 485 was approved almost 1year back and GC for parents have already been sent.
About 8 months back, we got a letter from our previous residence in Columbus,OH regarding her finger printing appoitment in Columbus,OH. We called USCIS and they told us to go to Naperville,IL for finger printing and the finger printing was done in Naperville,IL about 8 months back but USCIS did not accept that finger printing, why no clue.
Now we are waiting for my daughter's finger printing and GC for last 8 months and really getting frustrated what to do.
Thanks.

I have no clue what ur trying to say.
God bless u.

godbless
04-19-2008, 03:52 PM
To put it straight, while my wife and I have got our GCs 10 months back, my daughter is yet to receive hers. USCIS says she would need her fingerprinting done and that there is a waiting for fingerprinting turn to come. Any clue guys???

godbless
04-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Bump

meridiani.planum
04-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks.

- take an infopass and ask whats going on with your daughters case
- contact your local senator/congressman and tell them about the trouble this delayed approval for one applicant is causing you (ability to travel etc)

godbless
04-20-2008, 12:47 PM
- take an infopass and ask whats going on with your daughters case
- contact your local senator/congressman and tell them about the trouble this delayed approval for one applicant is causing you (ability to travel etc)

Thanks Meridiani.planum for your advise.

godbless
04-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Guys - anyone else in the same situation currently or in the past?

prinive
04-21-2008, 12:58 AM
I had a diff problem like urs. We all got our H1B extended but my daughter didnt get. Our lawer contacted USCIS and no response. After nearly 1 year we contacted Clinton (our Senator), and her office followed our case and my daughter recived her paper in 2 months. So please contact ur senator/congressman. Good Luck.