PDA

View Full Version : got Interview Notice with PD March-2007,EB3 India

bitu72
04-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Guys i got this mail. I dont think i should be getting anything like this. What does it mean to you guys.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On April 14, 2008, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Dipika
04-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Guys i got this mail. I dont think i should be getting anything like this. What does it mean to you guys.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On April 14, 2008, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

Don't know how CIS is processing cases. Could you provide more deatails, like it's RIR or Non RIR, When filed I-140, whether it's approved or not? When filed 485, AP/EAD status etc... Meanwhile You can call IO to know further about the update on your case.

nitkad
04-18-2008, 12:30 PM
It seems like you are one lucky guy if you are from India or China :)

If you are ROW then I guess you were born lucky. Just Kidding!! I love my country where I was born and grew.

nozerd
04-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Just goes to proove how totally screwed up USCIS is. They process cases with 2007 PD while ppl with 2001 PD are waiting without any response.

senk1s
04-18-2008, 12:33 PM
maybe there is some method to this madness ....

Try getting an infopass and get more details
I'm going to check my case status right now

kaisersose
04-18-2008, 12:35 PM
An interview does not mean approval. This is just part of CIS pre-processing cases when the PD is not current. They will interview the applicant, process it and then throw it into storage.

About 5% of cases are randomly selected for interviews. This does not mean that they are out to approve a 2007 case ahead of a 2001 case.

silversurfer6969
04-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Maybe USCIS is already processing the PD 2007 for India, and the VB Bulletin next month will be current for the others. If thats the case they already advanced the cutoff dates.

senk1s
04-18-2008, 12:39 PM
thanks kaiserrose .... that makes sense

bitu72
04-18-2008, 12:39 PM
called uscis they say its for faster processing and should get letter in mail.
did anybody else get a mail like this.

bitu72
04-18-2008, 12:43 PM
my new 140 is file in april and is approved. got my EAD and AP. But no FP.

I also dont expect to get the GC so fast. its more of a red flag and concern what they are trying to look for.

Dipika
04-18-2008, 12:46 PM

cool! Congrates for being a luckey one!
Looks like USCIS have distributed 485 apps to pre adjudicate, if others gets interview calls like you.

we have not seen case as you have.
so we all would like to know further as your case goes ahead, please keep us updated... It will help other, who gets reandom interview call.

kaisersose
04-18-2008, 12:56 PM
my new 140 is file in april and is approved. got my EAD and AP. But no FP.

I also dont expect to get the GC so fast. its more of a red flag and concern what they are trying to look for.

No Red Flag as the letter clearly says it is a standard interview.

It will be a formality where you show your status was always legal and you have a valid job offer in line with your Labor. That will be it.

Suva
04-18-2008, 12:56 PM
How can it be RIR? your PD is March 2007 and there was no RIR application available. At that time it could be applied only in perm.

bitu72
04-18-2008, 01:11 PM
i am trying to find what questions they can ask.

1.brith certificate is a concern rest all is good as far as i know.

kaisersose
04-18-2008, 01:13 PM
i am trying to find what questions they can ask.

1.brith certificate is a concern rest all is good as far as i know.

If you check Rajiv Khanna's forum, you will find a number of interview transcripts. That should help ease your fears.

Again, you have not been picked for an interview due to problems in your case. It is purely random.

USDream2Dust
04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Isn't it a relief? if the officer calls you for interview, checks your documents and says approved but no GC till PD current? I can live happily with it for couple of years atleast without thinking of GC. The feeling of getting GC in future 100% is almost equal to having GC today. You can change jobs on AC21 without fear and use EAD and AP full force and forget about renewing H1b's

radhay
04-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I have gone through interview and it is nothing to worry about. They are just distributing the workload. IO will check your documents etc..and then will issue GC if visa is available or throw it into storage like mine.

NKR
04-18-2008, 03:38 PM
I need to request for an interview then.. :)

reddog
04-18-2008, 03:42 PM
It is quite possible that this is a data entry error.
And the 2007 was entered as a 2001, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

kopra
04-18-2008, 03:47 PM
I dont think you need to be worried. my friend( Came to US in 2003 after working in offshore with the same company for 2 years, but his company filed his GC only in 2006) got this interview in March 2008, they reviewed all his papers(W2's, Birth Certificate,all Employment letters) and said that its ready to go when PD becomes current. His PD is 2006 March ( Perm),EB3, I 140 Approved , and now he is waiting for his dates to become current to get the GC. His case is pre-adjudicated and is ready to be released as per USCIS. His attorney didnt go for the Interview.

One of friend attend the interview in Feb. 2008 his PD is Dec2006 EB2,they asked him his birth certificates,W2,recent pay slips proof for his current employment, after the interview they told him that your case has been approved but you need to wait until your PD gets current.

boogie2007
04-18-2008, 03:55 PM
my I485 lud got updated today , but the case status is still showing pending, when i called the officer she said they dont know what is lud ? but she said the case is pending.. any idea what does it means when lud is updated does that mean the case is now ready to be assigned by officer ?????:confused:

bekugc
04-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Boogie,
lud indicates some work/updates being done in the system regarding ur case.

for ex: when u reply to an RFE, sometimes u see a cople of Lud updates before any affirmative action is taken on the case. this is the general observation regarding luds

bekugc
04-18-2008, 04:23 PM
bitu,
when did u apply or ur 485? im asking for ur RD/ND on the 485.
also which service center.

thanks

boogie2007
04-18-2008, 05:00 PM
my I485

PD = nov, 2003 , EB2
RD = 2nd July, 2007
ND = 6th Oct, 2007
FP = 1st Nov, 2007
Name check : still pending
spouse Name check got cleared.

latest lud updated : 04/18/2008 ?

BharatPremi
04-18-2008, 05:10 PM
got Interview Notice with PD March-2007,EB3 India

Can you explain how come your EB3 category is having a tag "RIR"? The reason I am asking is that at one end you claim your PD is March 2007. And in that case you must have been approved through new labor process PERM and PERM does not have RIR and NON RIR criteria. RIR/Regular (non - RIR) is used to be a junk language of old labor style filing.

BharatPremi
04-18-2008, 05:14 PM
sorry 2004 labor was RIR, 2007 labor was perm offcourse

So what happened to 2004 labor and I-140/485 based on that? Is that dead file or you ported?And 2004 was EB3 based or EB2 based? 2007 one EB3 based or EB2 based?

fundo14
04-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Isn't it a relief? if the officer calls you for interview, checks your documents and says approved but no GC till PD current? I can live happily with it for couple of years atleast without thinking of GC. The feeling of getting GC in future 100% is almost equal to having GC today. You can change jobs on AC21 without fear and use EAD and AP full force and forget about renewing H1b's

Exactly, I agree with you. I would love to get such an interview call. Atleast after that I will be sure that one day i will get the actual GC.:D

fundo14
04-18-2008, 06:10 PM
my I485

PD = nov, 2003 , EB2
RD = 2nd July, 2007
ND = 6th Oct, 2007
FP = 1st Nov, 2007
Name check : still pending
spouse Name check got cleared.

latest lud updated : 04/18/2008 ?

Hi Boogie,

How do you came to know about the name check status? Is there a way to find out?

Got a mail from USCIS in nov,2007 stating that our case is transfered to NSC from TSC for faster processing. No update after that except couple of LUD's after FP in Feb, 2008

Thanks!
EB3 -India
PD:Dec, 2003
I-140 approved, apr2007
485 filed: July 2, 2007
AP/EAD approved, Sep,2007
FP done, Feb, 2008

piyu7444
04-18-2008, 08:15 PM
This process is somewhat new. Random selection of application for a face to face interview. Be normal but prepare for it. Have all documents ready before the interview and if your company can provide you with a lawyer have the lawyer go with you.

My case is EB2 PD Nov 06 and 485 filed on Jul 2 2007. I-140 already approved. I went it for interview and was asked several routine questions. I was told by Immigration officer that my case is approvable but will have to wait for Visa #.

This is actually a good step for your case processing. After this usually they just wait for visa# to approve the case and feel free to ask question to USCIS officer at the end of interview, they are nice.

I have a post somewhere on IV where you can find the list of the questions asked.......hope this helps....!!!
:):):)

bitu72
04-18-2008, 08:52 PM
thanks for the response.
do they tell before hand what is the reason for interview . what question to expect.
will they look through tax filling and other stuff.

-- my earlier labor had a issue because of education- 3yr BSC course problem--but new one is fine. I think becasue i have 2 I 140 i have some problem.

Saburi
04-18-2008, 10:13 PM
thanks for the response.
do they tell before hand what is the reason for interview . what question to expect.
will they look through tax filling and other stuff.

-- my earlier labor had a issue because of education- 3yr BSC course problem--but new one is fine. I think becasue i have 2 I 140 i have some problem.

Please don't worry everything will be fine, hope you get your GC Soon

Best Regards

piyu7444
04-19-2008, 01:49 PM
You will get a letter in mail and then you should get all the documents listed there.............Also some of the items listed will make no sense to you as yours in Employment based GC and the letter is a standard letter which USCIS uses for family based gc also.....

It will also have one point that bring documents if you were arrested,convicted etc........dont get scared if you never got in trouble....

Prepare for the interview....read your job description which was used for LC and you should know if word by word as that was 1 question officer had asked me and I could answer it very well but was surprised that I was asked a question related to what technology I work and what are my job duties......

Good Luck. Everything will be fine and it will take 30-40 min max. :)