PDA

View Full Version : AP Lost when outside the country

ameryki
07-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Hello,
My wife is out of the country right now and planning to return in 3 weeks. She left the country with both copies of AP that is valid until Sept 10th 2009. Unfortunately we don't have a copy of the AP document and she has misplaced the two copies she took along with her. How do we approach this situation. The doc's we do have handy are:

1- Original 485 Receipt Notice
2- Original AP filing Receipt Notice
3- Copy of AP approved screen from uscic. gov
4- Original previous AP
5- AP was issued by MSC

Any advice?

sunny1000
07-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Hello,
My wife is out of the country right now and planning to return in 3 weeks. She left the country with both copies of AP that is valid until Sept 10th 2009. Unfortunately we don't have a copy of the AP document and she has misplaced the two copies she took along with her. How do we approach this situation. The doc's we do have handy are:

4- Original previous AP
5- AP was issued by MSC

Any advice?

Hi,

If you have not already called the USCIS customer service, did you try calling them? Also, I saw a posting on another forum that you can approach the US consulate. Not sure if that would work.

You may want to post this on the free lawyers section in this forum as well as other forums so that one of the attorneys can point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

Brightsider
07-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Please consult an attorney at once.
I would not mind suggesting that you post in Ron Gotcher's Imminfo forum.

Hopefully there must be a way out that is not financially taxing or emotionally draining.
Best of luck, may God be with you!

onemorecame
10-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Hello,

4- Original previous AP
5- AP was issued by MSC

Any advice?

Hi ameryki

Any update on your case?

Thanks

ameryki
10-20-2009, 11:46 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum106-non-immigrant-visa/186619-ap-lost-when-outside-the-country.html#post981020

onemorecame
10-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks
its very usefull information