PDA

View Full Version : Approved I-140 status changed to case Transfered

kannan
07-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Today I got a CRIS mail that my already approved I 140 got a status

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing.
This is my Previous employer's I 140. I used the PD.Any thing is wrong. I am so afraid . I was laid off from April. Till now I did not get any Job.

seekerofpeace
08-22-2009, 11:00 PM
This is something new....

Anything is possible....may be take an infopass to clarify or call up USCIS to check what's going on. After 180 days I-140 one can switch jobs and I-140 shldn't be affected bythe 180 day rule even if it is revoked...

Again lawyers will know better.

SoP

DSLStart
08-23-2009, 10:55 AM
I got exactly same message last month on my approved 140. After couple of days it changed to case is now pending at office where it is transfered and after another couple of days bombshell message that Withdrawl acknowledgement of 140 sent....
No clue what was all that. Couple of days back got a LUD on 485 too.

This is my Previous employer's I 140. I used the PD.Any thing is wrong. I am so afraid . I was laid off from April. Till now I did not get any Job.

hebbar77
08-23-2009, 02:34 PM
I got exactly same message last month on my approved 140. After couple of days it changed to case is now pending at office where it is transfered and after another couple of days bombshell message that Withdrawl acknowledgement of 140 sent....

this happened to me long time ago. But nothing subsequently. It could be a case where they transfer I-140 to office where I-485 is pending ... Or any other guess you could make when it comes to USCIS.

wandmaker
08-24-2009, 12:37 PM

I noticed a pattern around it, which is - If your 140 is transferred to an office where your 485 is not with that office then it is usually results in revocation due to withdrawal request or possible USCIS investigation. I know couple of cases in my office

Did your 140 transferred to the office other than your 485 location?