PDA

View Full Version : Perm Approval Email But Paper Cert not received

suttu
01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Its been more than a month that my employer got the approval email but the lawyers say they never got the paper cert. In their opinion, now it is too late to expect the paper. They also say that it is impossible to get a duplicate cert from DOL.

The only option, per my lawyers, is to file a regular I140 and ask USCIS to get the duplicate directly from USDOL when we get the RFE.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or is the laywer pulling my chain since i have three EADs and APs due for approval in 3 months.

Can folks confirm that PERM certs indeed go missing and this is the only recourse?

aarzoo
01-14-2011, 01:52 PM
There have been cases reported in past on this forum where the PERM approval was lost in mail.

You should ask your employer to download the PERM approval from DOL ETA website, which should be completed and signed by both you and your employer (similar to the PERM paper approval that you did not receive).

Your lawyer should submit this form with I-140 and also request USCIS to obtain a duplicate copy of PERM approval from DOL. This may help.

Are you porting to EB2?

suttu
01-14-2011, 02:18 PM
There have been cases reported in past on this forum where the PERM approval was lost in mail.

You should ask your employer to download the PERM approval from DOL ETA website, which should be completed and signed by both you and your employer (similar to the PERM paper approval that you did not receive).

Your lawyer should submit this form with I-140 and also request USCIS to obtain a duplicate copy of PERM approval from DOL. This may help.

Are you porting to EB2?

Yes i was hoping to port to EB2.

The issue is that the lawyer says that they will follow this process of dowloading the cert and request USCIS to get a dupe, but hey say they cannot do this under premium processing and will have to file under regular I140. this adds 6 months to the process and effectively eliminates any advantage since i hope to get my EB3 485 current by that time.

aarzoo
01-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Yes without original PERM approval, USCIS does not accept cases for PP