PDA

View Full Version : No Fp (tsc)

sai948
04-06-2008, 01:21 AM
I did not receive my FP. Have 2 SR & 1 Info pass, but no luck. Is anyone on the same boat.

I-485 Sent on July 17th 2007
Receipt Notice - Sept 10 2007
EAD Approved - OCT 2007
A/P Approved - OCT 2007

First SR opened on Nov 13th, 2007
Second SR opened on Jan 13th, 2008
Info Pass - Feb 21st 2008

chanduv23
04-06-2008, 08:55 AM
I did not receive my FP. Have 2 SR & 1 Info pass, but no luck. Is anyone on the same boat.

I-485 Sent on July 17th 2007
EAD Approved - OCT 2007
A/P Approved - OCT 2007

First SR opened on Nov 13th, 2007
Second SR opened on Jan 13th, 2008
Info Pass - Feb 21st 2008

No FP yet, 1 SR - got a generic response saying everything is fine with the case so no action needs to be taken

alanoconnor
04-06-2008, 10:06 AM
no fp either july 17th RD

noman
04-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Same situation, 2 sr's and 1 infopass. She said you are getting panic when we need you we will call you, we do not like to get paid once and do prints twice.

gcformeornot
04-06-2008, 10:27 AM
at NSC. Spouse and kid done their FP. For me no notice. Its a NSC-CSC-NSC transfer case....

chem2
04-06-2008, 10:38 AM
same here. RD of 8/9

mhtanim
04-06-2008, 12:18 PM
NSC - CSC - NSC .... no FP yet.

sai948
04-06-2008, 03:36 PM
at NSC. Spouse and kid done their FP. For me no notice. Its a NSC-CSC-NSC transfer case....

Did you call the NSC and checked with them?

sai948
04-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Same situation, 2 sr's and 1 infopass. She said you are getting panic when we need you we will call you, we do not like to get paid once and do prints twice.

What does that mean, paid once and do prints twice. Anyway we are paying for the F/P.

gcformeornot
04-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Did you call the NSC and checked with them?

Just waiting. I heard doesn't help with anything.

shantak
04-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Count me in,
1 SR and got the standard response. Still waiting

bitu72
04-07-2008, 02:43 AM
same here no FP ..called several time....raised SR...got an letter back cant complete sr in 45 days. will take long time.

so just wait

rtarar
04-07-2008, 08:22 AM
I am a July 2nd filer.
No FP yet from TSC . Two SR's opened. Recieved a letter stating that I had opened an SR and its taking them more than 60 days ... crap its been 8 months...

As usual every thing full of BS ,.. no logic.....

Any ways expecting fun times at the time of EAD renewal. I believe USCIS will reject EAD renewal because I dont have FP done.As usual a classic chicken and egg problem.

kannan
04-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Count me too. I am also a July 2 filer, 2 SR, 1 info pass.No use at all....

Mount Soche
04-07-2008, 12:36 PM
have opened 2 SRs, have called multiple times.
-last time I called agent said the delay was highly unusual and that i should have my prints by now.
-got a letter for 2nd SR stating that background check is pending and to wait at least 6 months.
-coworker got a similar letter and got FP appointment notice a month later.
-right now, i'm fed up - done harrassing these guys, i will just wait or will worry about it when my PD is current or close to it.

irrational
04-08-2008, 05:15 PM
I called TSC and got an IO.

He said,
"The request for FP has been initiated and your local ASC would schedule it and send you the notice"

I have no idea what that exactly means.. any one ?

-Bipin

shantak
04-09-2008, 08:18 AM
I called TSC and got an IO.

He said,
"The request for FP has been initiated and your local ASC would schedule it and send you the notice"

I have no idea what that exactly means.. any one ?

-Bipin

I think this is the same as SR but again I may be wrong. The only thing an IO can do is send a request and they can call it anything they want. In any case let us wait and we will see. Keep us posted

I spoke to an IO yesterday and he told me that there are thousands of petitions that have not received FP notice yet and it is not a reason to get panic. I dont know if I should beleive him or not.

prakgc
04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
I think quite a few of us here don't have biometrics from TSC .. so hopefully no reason to panic even though it has been 8 months and my lawyer told me too that many have not received biometrics in cases that he filed.

I think this is the same as SR but again I may be wrong. The only thing an IO can do is send a request and they can call it anything they want. In any case let us wait and we will see. Keep us posted

I spoke to an IO yesterday and he told me that there are thousands of petitions that have not received FP notice yet and it is not a reason to get panic. I dont know if I should beleive him or not.

sai948
04-10-2008, 12:01 AM
I think quite a few of us here don't have biometrics from TSC .. so hopefully no reason to panic even though it has been 8 months and my lawyer told me too that many have not received biometrics in cases that he filed.
But if our PD become current, then we will be stuck because of no FP & Name check.

leoindiano
04-10-2008, 11:15 AM
my advice is dont miss the BUS....If you think there is a chance, your PD may become current in next 15 months. Dont wait !

This is what i did and successfully completed FP, after SR's didnt work with USCIS.

1) Take infopass at your local USCIS. One appointment is enough for one family.
2) Show your i-485 receipts to IO and tell them you did not receive FP notice, they will schedule it for you. For me, they scheduled same day.
3) Go to the biometrics office and get it done.

I tried this after quite a few IV members successfully tried it.

gckalafda
04-10-2008, 11:49 AM
my advice is dont miss the BUS....If you think there is a chance, your PD may become current in next 15 months. Dont wait !

This is what i did and successfully completed FP, after SR's didnt work with USCIS.

1) Take infopass at your local USCIS. One appointment is enough for one family.
2) Show your i-485 receipts to IO and tell them you did not receive FP notice, they will schedule it for you. For me, they scheduled same day.
3) Go to the biometrics office and get it done.

I tried this after quite a few IV members successfully tried it.

I did the same thing yesterday, we postponed and requested new appointment back in Oct and we didn't got it.

I took infopass and went to local USCIS and the security saw the papers told me that we don't take Fingerprints here and try at Boimetrics office near by there, I went there I showed him my copy of FP Notice and Infopass . and explained the situation that we requested new appointment and didn't get yet , and he let us allwoed for FP and after that we went to Local office to say that we done FP , and IO told me that you don't need to come here if your complete the FP.

So guys my assumption is no need to take any Infopass , just go there or talk to them over the phone if your faraway from that place and find out how you will do that.

Totally its very simple. if your coming toward your PD to be get Current then go and give a shot.

pappu
04-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Please update your profile with details so that it can be helpful to everyone tracking the success
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

on IV tracker
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_tracker&Itemid=63

IV members are requested to update their profile with valid dates so that we can make IV tracker helpful for everyone.

I have personally decided to make this request to everyone who does not have their details completed and only then respond to the member. If a member has bogus data in their profile for tracking purposes I would not be replying to that post. This might help encourage members wanting replies from IV core team for their questions.

no538
04-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm in the same situation. Both My wife and I have not received the FP notices and our PD is current. We called the USCIS toll free number today one after another and we both got similar response.

"IO is requesting for the schedule of FP Appointment and it may take 3 weeks to 30 days to get the appointment"

I've asked about my name check clearance and the IO said its still pending, where as for my wife it was cleared.

One curious thing I've noticed is that my application didn't have any LUD whereas my wife's application got a LUD of today after the call. Did any of you notice this after you called an IO?

I've also got an Infopass appointment for next Tuesday and now I'm thinking whether I should attend or not.

Thanks

Priority Date: Nov 2003
EB2 (EB3 to EB2 conversion)
I-485 Receipt Date: 07/12/2007
I-485 Notice Date: 09/07/2007
Service Center: TSC

rajma
04-10-2008, 05:36 PM
we dint get our FP notice too.

I-485 Sent on July 19th 2007
EAD Approved - OCT 2007
A/P Approved - OCT 2007

Ours is EB1 category and would like to know the status of anybody out there who applied in the same time frame. Does the l-485 processing time depend on which category we apply through(like EB1, EB2, EB3)?

thanks

gjoe
04-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Gave up on this damn thing. Will see when it comes. For now I have an EAD and did FP for that. This FP was because I applied for EAD in Dec07.

kprgroup
04-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Both My wife and I have not received the FP notices and our PD is Mar 2005.Called and opened one SR.Same 60 days std reply.I have a question if people are not getting FP means are we under name check process?Please let me know ........

Thanks and good luck everyone:mad::)

no538
04-11-2008, 11:45 AM
No. FP and Name Check are not dependent on each other.
Per the call yesterday to IO, my wife's Name check is cleared and mine is not, but we both did not get the FP.

Its all strange USCIS behavior.

I'm seeing LUD's on my Wife's application but not on mine. Now, its two in a row for her application after calling the IO. Any thoughts?

apahilaj
04-11-2008, 02:08 PM
No. FP and Name Check are not dependent on each other.
Per the call yesterday to IO, my wife's Name check is cleared and mine is not, but we both did not get the FP.

Its all strange USCIS behavior.

I'm seeing LUD's on my Wife's application but not on mine. Now, its two in a row for her application after calling the IO. Any thoughts?

I had same exact situation as yours.

I called them again in last week of march and the officer told me that she wasn't sure why I wasn't scheduled yet. I asked her to schedule me again and she said, I'll get my notice anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. A week later, I got notices for my self and my wife.

Appointment was today and everything went smoothly by grace of almighty.

Try to call them once every month or so...

alanoconnor
04-13-2008, 04:16 PM
no fp notice yet ... july 18th RD .... my priority date will be current in may...........anyone with experience with walk-in fp in boston

gcformeornot
04-13-2008, 04:25 PM
set for April 26th...... wew

no538
04-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Today I've talked to the IO at my local USICS center in MN with the Infopass Appointment and it was a total waste of time. The IO did not know what she was talking about, she just bluntly said that any GC application will take 2 years to get approval.

She didn't care to look closely at Priority Date or any of that stuff. I thought its of no point to talk to her anymore about this stuff, I just asked if she could put in a request for my FP appointment, she said she would.

I did not see any LUD's on my receipt number yet. Its strange that my wife's receipt number has LUD's after calling USCIS for FP appointment.

I'm hoping that we'll get the FP soon. I feel that I'm unlucky to have my PD current and not being done with the FP :(

no538
04-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Both my wife and I've received the Biometrics appointment yesterday for May 6th. We were calling the USCIS center almost once a week regarding this for the last 3 weeks and we are glad that it worked out for us.

shantak
11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I know there were a lot of people of this forum who have not received their finger print notices during the summer filing last year.
Its been so long and I have not received mine yet. I opened an SR this week and also spoke to my attorney regarding this. He seems to think there is nothing to worry as FPs might be issued at any stage of the green card processing.

Just want to know how many more people are in the same boat and what you all are doing to get your notices.
Please keep posted
Thanks

chanduv23
12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I know there were a lot of people of this forum who have not received their finger print notices during the summer filing last year.
Its been so long and I have not received mine yet. I opened an SR this week and also spoke to my attorney regarding this. He seems to think there is nothing to worry as FPs might be issued at any stage of the green card processing.

Just want to know how many more people are in the same boat and what you all are doing to get your notices.
Please keep posted
Thanks

I got my FP notice today after multiple SRs and multiple infopass and also went through AC21 - NOID - case reopen situation.

I am a July 2007 filer and case transferred to TSC. During the August mad rush approvals of 485 - my wife got her FP but I got an NOID. I took infopass after that and was told that FP will be sent only after reviewing my case.

To me it looks like it is a system generated thing - 15 months after filing 485 or maybe they are dooing background processing on pending cases

webm
12-23-2008, 12:01 PM
I got my FP notice today after multiple SRs and multiple infopass and also went through AC21 - NOID - case reopen situation.

I am a July 2007 filer and case transferred to TSC. During the August mad rush approvals of 485 - my wife got her FP but I got an NOID. I took infopass after that and was told that FP will be sent only after reviewing my case.

To me it looks like it is a system generated thing - 15 months after filing 485 or maybe they are dooing background processing on pending cases

Looks like they started sending second FP notices for June/July filers?? Is the count for 15months begin the day we went to first FP??

shana04
12-23-2008, 01:03 PM

Chandu and other fellow IVans who are waiting for their FP,

My Experience, I have not done my first FP for 485 yet.
Reason by IO (at infopass): FP for my 765 which as taken for the first time, three months back in their system is not updated and that is holding to release the FP for my 485. Opened SR (I forgot the count) and taken infopass (atleast 3 times) and no use.

Recently I have opened a new SR and the IO (second level) have ackn.. that the FP is not taken for me and said that she would open an SR, lets see if that works out.

Good luck to every one who is still waiting for their FP.. this is my short story.

Shana

shantak
12-29-2008, 07:46 PM
In response to my second SR, today I have received an FP notice. However it is code 2. The notice included the receipt numbers of both I-485 and also EAD. I have already given my FP for EAD few months ago. Im not sure why they have sent me a Code 2 (with 485 receipt in it) again.
This is really weird. I was always under the impression that 485 requires Code 1 or Code 3.
Anybody else in a similar situation??
Please respond
thanks

Chandu and other fellow IVans who are waiting for their FP,

My Experience, I have not done my first FP for 485 yet.
Reason by IO (at infopass): FP for my 765 which as taken for the first time, three months back in their system is not updated and that is holding to release the FP for my 485. Opened SR (I forgot the count) and taken infopass (atleast 3 times) and no use.

Recently I have opened a new SR and the IO (second level) have ackn.. that the FP is not taken for me and said that she would open an SR, lets see if that works out.

Good luck to every one who is still waiting for their FP.. this is my short story.

Shana

vikramy
12-29-2008, 07:58 PM
I did finger printing twice for EAD. Will there be another for I485 too? I thought both are one? Looks they are different from the post

Please explain, if there will be seperate FP for 485 then i also did not get one

shantak
12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
I did finger printing twice for EAD. Will there be another for I485 too? I thought both are one? Looks they are different from the post

Please explain, if there will be seperate FP for 485 then i also did not get one

Did you give finger print of all the fingers or just thumb. If it is all the fingers then it is ok. If not then I dont know, that is what my question was. 485 requires all the fingers and EAD requires only one.

vikramy
12-30-2008, 01:32 AM
Yes i gave all fingers first time and only thumb second time.

Thansk for the clarification

k3GC
12-30-2008, 01:47 AM
I am a july 2007 filer also. For my first EAD and AP - i did finger printing. But when i renewed my EAD and AP couple of months back, i got both of them renewed, but was not asked to do any FP. Are you guys saying - that is not ok? I should open an SR or Info pass or whatever and have to do another FP?

webm
12-30-2008, 11:00 AM
I am a july 2007 filer also. For my first EAD and AP - i did finger printing. But when i renewed my EAD and AP couple of months back, i got both of them renewed, but was not asked to do any FP. Are you guys saying - that is not ok? I should open an SR or Info pass or whatever and have to do another FP?

Did you paper filed or e-filed?? For paper file there is no FP needed..

shantak
01-06-2009, 02:04 PM

Please keep posted
Thanks

I have completed my code 3 fingerprint today. I explained to the officer taking FP that I have given code 2 a few months ago and Im asked to do the same again without actually giving my 10 fingers for 485.
She went to her supervisor who came back and asked me what the problem was. I explained the same again with more details. He said he will check my case details and that needs to talk to his manager.
Went back to his room and after 5 minutes wait, came back to me and said they will be taking Code 3 Finger prints. And they did ..
After I came back to my office I checked the LUD on my case, it was updated to todays date.
Thanks

abhisam
01-06-2009, 03:24 PM
we were in a similar situation of getting no FP notice. we opened many SRs but of no use. finally we took an infopass appointment after waiting for a year and the officer gave us a FP appointment letter then and there itself. she even asked us the date/time convenient to us.

I guess it depends on the officer you get but sometimes it does help to take infopass appointment.

reddymjm
01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I feel very Sorry for you guys.

shana04
01-22-2009, 11:53 AM
we were in a similar situation of getting no FP notice. we opened many SRs but of no use. finally we took an infopass appointment after waiting for a year and the officer gave us a FP appointment letter then and there itself. she even asked us the date/time convenient to us.

I guess it depends on the officer you get but sometimes it does help to take infopass appointment.

Even I have never received any FP till now and opened many SR and took at least two info pass and no help. Very recently I have opened an SR and today got this mail

"Current Status: Document mailed to applicant"

is this regarding the FP appointment or some thing else:(. Did any one got this before. :rolleyes:

Thanks
Shana

coolpal
05-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Guys... I am July 2nd filer (2007) and have got AP and EAD approved twice for both me and my wife... but we never (ever) got the FP notices so far... not even for EADs. We have opened atleast 3 or 4 SRs which USCIS responded in mail saying my case processing is within normal times.. blah .. blah... nothing related to the FPs.

We have finally decided to take an infopass and we are going there tomorrow moring... can anyone tell me what I should take along?

Thanks,
pal :)

ksvreg
05-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Can we request for FP if it was done more than 15 months back? As per the above posts, it seems you guys are requesting for FP by opening a SR with USCIS? Also through Infopass? Please correct if I am wrong. I am also July 07 filer. Can I request for FP? I am planning to travel to india next month and I am concerned that FP renewal may land in my mail box. Please advise. Thanks.

coolpal
05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Most people here were those who never received the initial FP notice either... and raising SRs is not for requesting a FP, but more of an inquiry about why we haven't received them so far.... and from most people's experiences an SR or even an Infopass might not give you a FP, but it's YMMV.

Coming back to my question :), can someone who took an infopass before regarding this matter throw some light on what documents to take along and what to expect?

Thanks,

EDIT: I used AC21 in Dec 2008, my 140 was approved back in 2007. I have also sent the AC21 letter, with G28 and had a soft LUD in dec ( in the week ac21 letter was sent).

saileshdude
05-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Most people here were those who never received the initial FP notice either... and raising SRs is not for requesting a FP, but more of an inquiry about why we haven't received them so far.... and from most people's experiences an SR or even an Infopass might not give you a FP, but it's YMMV.

Coming back to my question :), can someone who took an infopass before regarding this matter throw some light on what documents to take along and what to expect?

Thanks,

EDIT: I used AC21 in Dec 2008, my 140 was approved back in 2007. I have also sent the AC21 letter, with G28 and had a soft LUD in dec ( in the week ac21 letter was sent).

You should take 485 receipts and your ID (license or PP). I know few people who got it done via Infopass appointment. At Infopass you would get either one following of 3 replies:

1) You should wait for FP , it will be sent to you. Your NC or BG check is pending, hence no FP.
2) We will inquire and send a request to the center (TSC or NSC) to find out whats happening. You should hear something within 30 - 45 days.
3) We will schedule one for you.

If you get the 3rd , you are lucky. But that depends on IO and local office.

Good luck.

coolpal
05-07-2009, 12:48 PM
thanks saileshdude,

I hope I get the option 3 but definitely not option 1. Keeping my fingers crossed :(

pal.

kprgroup
05-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi All,

Even I am July 2nd filer (2007) and have got AP and EAD approved twice for both me and my wife... but we never (ever) got the FP notices so far... not even for EADs. I have opened only SR back in Dec 2007 which USCIS responded in mail saying my case processing is within normal times.. blah .. blah... nothing related to the FPs.

2 days back We got appointment for both me and my wife for next week.Hopefully every one waiting should get it soon.

Thanks
KPR

coolpal
05-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I had my infopass this morning at newark, NJ.

They just acted like some govt employees in India.. they said they can't generate FP notices, but they can lookup the system to see if the service center ever sent us one, which they confirmed that it was never sent. Anyways, long story short.. I requested them to raise at least a SR inquiring why we haven't got FP notices yet and that they did.

Also, I asked 'em about our case and they don't seem to help much besides letting us know that our background check was completed back in 2007.

bhatt
05-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Even I have never received any FP till now and opened many SR and took at least two info pass and no help. Very recently I have opened an SR and today got this mail

"Current Status: Document mailed to applicant"

is this regarding the FP appointment or some thing else:(. Did any one got this before. :rolleyes:

Thanks
Shana

Verify that USCIS has your correct address.

bhatt
05-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Can we request for FP if it was done more than 15 months back? As per the above posts, it seems you guys are requesting for FP by opening a SR with USCIS? Also through Infopass? Please correct if I am wrong. I am also July 07 filer. Can I request for FP? I am planning to travel to india next month and I am concerned that FP renewal may land in my mail box. Please advise. Thanks.

FP renewal may not be required, as now they relaxed the rule for FP

abhatti
05-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Same situation from TSC,
RD July 2nd 07. ND Oct 3 07
Many SRs resulting in same genric reply, telling me to shut up for another six months.
I think they dont even know where the files. Probably some where still collecting dust.

ksvreg
05-09-2009, 05:08 PM
FP renewal may not be required, as now they relaxed the rule for FP

I had FP done in Sep 2007. So, no more another FP. Can you please send FP rule reference if any? Thanks.

kprgroup
05-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi All,

Even I am July 2nd filer (2007) and have got AP and EAD approved twice for both me and my wife... but we never (ever) got the FP notices so far... not even for EADs. I have opened only SR back in Dec 2007 which USCIS responded in mail saying my case processing is within normal times.. blah .. blah... nothing related to the FPs.

2 days back We got appointment for both me and my wife for next week.Hopefully every one waiting should get it soon.

Thanks
KPR

One more thing I have just noticed

My wife & I got 1st time FP notice last week and schedule for Wednesday.I am the primary.My notice shows CODE1 & my wife shows CODE3. Any idea?

Thanks again
KPR