PDA

View Full Version : Changing Professional after GC

ramreddy
01-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I find the current work I am doing too menial but demanding time wise of course. I'd like to plunge at Starting my own Business or study Law or go to Med. school.
Age would matter - psychologically but at least I would like to consider options in the Land of Opportunity.Say 6 months after GC is it poss to change careers or you can land into problems.
Thanks again for your help and Wish everyone at IV at Happy New Year.

unseenguy
01-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I find the current work I am doing too menial but demanding time wise of course. I'd like to plunge at Starting my own Business or study Law or go to Med. school.
Age would matter - psychologically but at least I would like to consider options in the Land of Opportunity.Say 6 months after GC is it poss to change careers or you can land into problems.
Thanks again for your help and Wish everyone at IV at Happy New Year.

You know the answer. The question is foolish at best.

permfiling
01-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Well...I think there is no rule that u have to be in the same career. If you look at the permanent resident hand book, it does not mention family GC, employment GC, EB1 GC, Asylum GC etc , all it says is that u can work in any field.

Well thats was my interpretation but ofcourse would like to know other's views

reddyram
07-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Permfiling
thanks for your encouragement.
"unseenguy" , it is natural for a person not finding his type to mistake every other , like his own, much the same way hammer in hand , looks for a nail in everything......
This question has been discussed elsewhere , and I got the same +ve sided explanation. People have changed profession after GC. I wondered what is the safe window to do so - 6months - 12 months after GC receipt ...
and any person who has had a upside change in profession - ? what is your exp ..... not a Manager from Developer or Developer to sales etc but from something like an IT consultant to Lawyer or doctor or Entrepreneur ( not gas station owner but something more respectful like running a $1 million construction business or Pharm Co owner or some concept based product company )