PDA

View Full Version : Extended OPT - call for students/OPT to unite under IV

chanduv23
03-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Until now, the student community and the OPT community felt that IVs goals were not in sync with them.

OPT is now being considered to be extended for 29 months. This is a big boost for students who want to pursue their American dream.

So, if you are a student or an OPT candidate, you are definitely benefitted by this move.

This is a call for all students/OPT to unite under IV umbrella. Please sign on this thread and pledge your support to IV. Spread the message among your community. Urge everyone to join IV. Start getting active on IV. Most of you are young talented folks from all over the world, and your talent and freshness will keep IV going strong.

So join IV now and join your State chapters. Spread the message among your friends.

sivaji2007
03-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Many thanks for IV to get this fixed for students. I am student member of IV since 2007.
I have posted this message in other forums and urged the student community to join IV.
IV rocks!
Balan

Until now, the student community and the OPT community felt that IVs goals were not in sync with them.

OPT is now being considered to be extended for 29 months. This is a big boost for students who want to pursue their American dream.

So, if you are a student or an OPT candidate, you are definitely benefitted by this move.

This is a call for all students/OPT to unite under IV umbrella. Please sign on this thread and pledge your support to IV. Spread the message among your community. Urge everyone to join IV. Start getting active on IV. Most of you are young talented folks from all over the world, and your talent and freshness will keep IV going strong.

So join IV now and join your State chapters. Spread the message among your friends.

wandmaker
03-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Many thanks for IV to get this fixed for students. I am student member of IV since 2007.
I have posted this message in other forums and urged the student community to join IV.
IV rocks!
Balan

^^^^^^

santb1975
03-29-2008, 12:47 AM
We have a potential opportunity to get featured in LA times. We are looking for examples from our student community who has missed the H1B lotto last year and pursued an opportunity in another country or for students who are anxiously waiting this year's Lotto. We have been asking in Southern California for examples from yesterday but no one came forward yet

IV rocks!
Balan

bugmenot
03-29-2008, 03:06 PM
does IV have any new updates on the OPT extension? as far as i know the request has been on to DHS from nov but nothings been done about it?

sidm
03-29-2008, 03:43 PM
That is good, but what about those whose OPT expired in Dec or Aug last year: can it retroactively activated?

There should be a clause to re-activate OPT for people maintaining legal presence in US, who were affected by last year's H1 lottery and whose OPT expired last year.:confused:

sidm
03-29-2008, 08:34 PM
^^Who do we contact ....?
Anyways, it looks like it will be very difficult to do this for people who were forced back into Universities - to do this the current I-20 must be invalidated and a new one issued by the original institution from which the candidate graduated and got the OPT
Any ideas....?:confused:

Anyway there still might be some hope in the H1 lottery....

pathiren
03-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Chanduv,

I am sorry, but as far as I have known IV, IV has never exclusively or inclusively worked on student OPT/H1, but it is a coincidence that increase in student OPT might be a fallout of some of IV's actions. I dont see any point of asking students to join IV solely on this basis (OPT or H1 increase). Though, having graduated as a student in US, I totally agree to the point of asking students to join stating that GC is the final step in achieving their American Dream, where IV can make considerable impact.

I think the administrators should particulary keep a close watch on such posts related to OPT/H1 issues. These posts might be incorrectly interpreted and lead to deviatons from IV's cores agenda issues as well as division of resources. Unless, IV administrators are seriously thinking of changing their ideology and are willing to walk this path.

Nevertheless, I will keep on supporting IV with all my possible efforts. Cheers and Go IV!

HP

sidm
03-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Chanduv,

I am sorry, but as far as I have known IV, IV has never exclusively or inclusively worked on student OPT/H1, but it is a coincidence that increase in student OPT might be a fallout of some of IV's actions. I dont see any point of asking students to join IV solely on this basis (OPT or H1 increase). Though, having graduated as a student in US, I totally agree to the point of asking students to join stating that GC is the final step in achieving their American Dream, where IV can make considerable impact.

I think the administrators should particulary keep a close watch on such posts related to OPT/H1 issues. These posts might be incorrectly interpreted and lead to deviatons from IV's cores agenda issues as well as division of resources. Unless, IV administrators are seriously thinking of changing their ideology and are willing to walk this path.

Nevertheless, I will keep on supporting IV with all my possible efforts. Cheers and Go IV!

HP

Duplicity of a few greedy souls surfaces again..... we are not cockroaches to be trampled over just because you are at a further stage in the GC line.......:mad:

In this case, GO IV!!!! Huge positive step by IV to unite and help ALL LEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND IMMIGRANTS IN WAITING (students):)

chanduv23
03-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Chanduv,

HP

The idea is to encourage imigrants to get into this process of "self help". A lot of people do not realise the importance of such efforts and thats whythey try to avoid and always find issues and faults.
Students/OPT are fresh, young and talented and their energies can be channelized in the most effective manner. it is just the process of trying to inculcate the thought of "right approach" for their careers and future.

IV has been a platfrom for immigrants, IV has been used as a platform for various issues like drivers license and other variety of issues.