PDA

View Full Version : RFE question

Satrofu
12-11-2010, 02:19 AM
I received a RFE asking for evidence that could prove that currently I am on a non-immigrant status. I abandoned my F-1 status after I filled my I-485, and from what I knew you were supposed to have the corresponding status before you filled the I-485 but there was no need to still have it after you got the AOS.

My question is if there is a possibility that what the officer is asking for is evidence that proves that I HAD the F-1 status before filling the I-485 and if I abandoned it after filling it.

ForImmReform
12-11-2010, 04:42 PM
You have to be "in-status" to apply for AOS. The IO wants evidence of your continued non-immigrant status before you filed your AOS. Also, remember AOS does not grant you a status. It just lets you not accrue unlawful presence

Satrofu
12-11-2010, 06:45 PM
You have to be "in-status" to apply for AOS. The IO wants evidence of your continued non-immigrant status before you filed your AOS. Also, remember AOS does not grant you a status. It just lets you not accrue unlawful presence

Thank you for answering.

Does someone know if there is a time limit for immigration to answer after I send the evidence?

sioux
01-25-2011, 10:35 AM
My wife's online status shows an RFE being issued. It has been more than 10 days but we are yet to receive it? Is this normal?

sioux
01-31-2011, 11:38 AM
anyone?
we still have not got the rfe. our lawyer has not received it either.
any help is appreciated.