PDA

View Full Version : H1 Transfer and Got RFE based on W2

rajiv404
12-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I recently found a new job and they filed for my H1 transfer in premium processing. I am still working for my old employer. Now I have got an RFE questioning why my salary (in 2009 W2) which is less than what was mentioned in my previous petition. Even though I have all my paystubs I was on bench for few months between march - may 2009. I have a leave letter for 4 weeks vacation in may and my salary was reduced when I got new project. Which explains why it is less but may not be enough to prove it to USCIS. Salary in W2 could also be less that prevailing wage. Right now I have following scenarios
1. WIthdraw application - not sure repurcussion of this.
2. Respond to RFE with mentioned reason which can have following outcomes
a) Appoved - (good i will be more than happy)
b) Approved with consular processing - (I dont want to travel at this point of time outside US)
c) denied - (not sure)
3. This case goes to DOL and there may be investigation or indent of revoke sent to my employer. Can this happen?

Here are my questions
1. Senario 2.b. If I get "Approved with consular processing" do I have to travel to India for stamping immediately or just get new I94? What will be my current status then? What if I decide not to join the new employer?
2. Senario 2.c. If I get "Denied" what will be my current status?
3. What should I do so that I am not out of status and I dont have to travel to India for stamping?
4. Scenario 3, Can this happen?

Any response will be appreciated. Thanks!