PDA

View Full Version : finger printing at the uscis dallas ASC

svinjamur
03-19-2008, 03:48 PM
I received a finger printing notice for March 26th but I can't make it since I have to travel out of the country during that time. I tried going to the USCIS ASC a couple of times to see if they can accept me but they were very busy and asked me to reschedule my appointment. Did anyone go through the same process and can you tell me how long they took to send a second appointment ? After I come back from my trip on April 17th is there anything that I can do to expedite the process ? I did mention in the reschedule mail that I send them that I'm going to be out of the country for about 4 weeks

fundo14
03-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi svinjamur,

I was in the same situation as yours when i was leaving for India in Jan for 4weeks. I went to the local ASC office and told them i have to reschedule the appointment after 4 weeks as i won't be in country during that time. They took the original FP notice from me and put a comment on it stating that "reschedule after 17 feb" as thats when I was returning back. The person I spoke to at ASC kept the original notice and told me that i will be getting the new notice with new FP date.

It actually worked, when I returned back I had a notcie in mail which was actually the following friday after 17th feb.

usually if you check the box in original FP notice and mail them they usually rechedule after a week or 10 days. From your msg it looks like you did exactly what I did except that you mailed them and I went there personally to do so.

Just make sure someone can check your mail when you are not here so that if there is a goofup he can again resend it for reschedule on your behalf.

All the best!

I received a finger printing notice for March 26th but I can't make it since I have to travel out of the country during that time. I tried going to the USCIS ASC a couple of times to see if they can accept me but they were very busy and asked me to reschedule my appointment. Did anyone go through the same process and can you tell me how long they took to send a second appointment ? After I come back from my trip on April 17th is there anything that I can do to expedite the process ? I did mention in the reschedule mail that I send them that I'm going to be out of the country for about 4 weeks

svinjamur
03-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the quick response. My only worry is that if they ignore what I wrote to them and reschedule an other one while I'm on my vacation can I reschedule this again ?

fundo14
03-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes, you can reschedule it again provided someone checks your mail regulary and acts on it while you are not here. Ask a friend to looks for your mails while you are gone.

Thanks for the quick response. My only worry is that if they ignore what I wrote to them and reschedule an other one while I'm on my vacation can I reschedule this again ?