PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprinting in the embassy

Chelo
03-15-2008, 10:24 PM
I haven't had "any" FP yet, but I have my EAD and my advanced parole for tavel. I also have my H1B current and stamped in my passport.
Last time I got H1B stamped in the embassy, they took my fingerprits, 10 fingers (I also asked if they want the 10 toes :D)
Can that fingerprinting in the embassy be the reason why they haven't sent any notices for my fingerprinting?
Should I be worried?
Can somebody, please, tell me how do you ask for a service request?
Thanks in advance

Chelo
EB3 ROW
PD sept 2005
19 July AOS filler not concurrent
EAD and AP aproved

raysaikat
03-16-2008, 02:44 PM
I haven't had "any" FP yet, but I have my EAD and my advanced parole for tavel. I also have my H1B current and stamped in my passport.
Last time I got H1B stamped in the embassy, they took my fingerprits, 10 fingers (I also asked if they want the 10 toes :D)
Can that fingerprinting in the embassy be the reason why they haven't sent any notices for my fingerprinting?
Should I be worried?
Can somebody, please, tell me how do you ask for a service request?
Thanks in advance

Chelo
EB3 ROW
PD sept 2005
19 July AOS filler not concurrent
EAD and AP aproved

Did they take the print of your four fingers (excluding the thumb) together? If not, then the fingerprinting you underwent was not the same.

Becks
03-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Finterpring while H1 stamping is different. You need to get finterpring again when you apply for I485. They took my fingerprinting when I went for H1 stamping(though it was couple of years ago), but gave finger printing again after applying for 485.

So better you contact USCIS. Search in IV forums, I read sometime back that there are some people who didnt get fingerprinting notice.