PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunately ..my spouse burnt her finger...FP coming up.

dingudi
03-05-2008, 01:17 AM
My luck is just not good w.r.t GC. Afte long wait my spouse finally had received her FP notice and is scheduled for her FP in couple of days. But today she accidently burnt her finger and that too right at the spot where we give the FP.

Guys , any suggestion as to what needs to be done. Should she still try to give the FP and see if it works. She has a big blister on her finger.

Any similar experiences , please post.

Hinglish
03-05-2008, 01:39 AM
Dont worry about it ...
appear for the FP ...
I had a major cut on my finger, they tried but could not take a good print and finally asked me to come in 15-20 days using walk in along with the FP notice.

The important thing is DO NOR miss the appointment ... show up there and let them tell you that they cannot take the FP

Bpositive
03-05-2008, 09:13 AM
My luck is just not good w.r.t GC. Afte long wait my spouse finally had received her FP notice and is scheduled for her FP in couple of days. But today she accidently burnt her finger and that too right at the spot where we give the FP.

Guys , any suggestion as to what needs to be done. Should she still try to give the FP and see if it works. She has a big blister on her finger.

Any similar experiences , please post.

Yep..not to worry..just go there on the date of appt..they'll just ask you to come back when the finger heals...I cut my finger...officer made a notation on my form and asked me to come when it heals..I went after a month and got it done

JK747
03-05-2008, 12:20 PM
My wife had Henna on her hand when she went for her FP. The officer asked her did not take her finger prints and asked her to send that letter to their office by mail for re-scheduling the appointment. She sent the letter and got another appointment within 40 days. No problems in the second appearance.

dingudi
03-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Yep..not to worry..just go there on the date of appt..they'll just ask you to come back when the finger heals...I cut my finger...officer made a notation on my form and asked me to come when it heals..I went after a month and got it done

DO they tell you to reschedule the appointment or just ask you to come with FP notice by doing walk-in after it heals. Also do they put a note in their system that you could not give the FP because of so and so reason. Also anyone knows what Boston ASC does , whether they permit walk-ins during the week.

You said you went after a month, so I assume that they must have noted that you did appear for the FP but could not do it.

Sorry if I am sounding a little desperate but I just want to get this over with the right way without any hassles.

Hinglish
03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
My wife had Henna on her hand when she went for her FP. The officer asked her did not take her finger prints and asked her to send that letter to their office by mail for re-scheduling the appointment. She sent the letter and got another appointment within 40 days. No problems in the second appearance.

That is stupid .... how does having henna affect fingerprints???
I think that officer didnt have any common sense left .... but then who are we to argue

Bpositive
03-05-2008, 02:22 PM
DO they tell you to reschedule the appointment or just ask you to come with FP notice by doing walk-in after it heals. Also do they put a note in their system that you could not give the FP because of so and so reason. Also anyone knows what Boston ASC does , whether they permit walk-ins during the week.

You said you went after a month, so I assume that they must have noted that you did appear for the FP but could not do it.

Sorry if I am sounding a little desperate but I just want to get this over with the right way without any hassles.

Yep..they just noted that I came for the initial appointment and asked to come after my finger heals..i had surgery on the finger and went back after the finger healed

dingudi
03-05-2008, 02:45 PM
I found this link and it is mentioned that there are two type of appointment. I got the second type.

http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news418.htm

I was wondering if the ASC asks to reschedule instead of doing a walk-in again , as my search tells me that Boston ASC most likely will ask to reschedule. Can we just go to another nearest ASC (Rhode Island) or Manchester, NH which allows walk-in after the finger heals instead of waiting for the rescheduled appointment notice to be received from the original ASC. My wife has made plans to go visit her parents in next 2 weeks and we did not anticipate that such a thing would happen.

dingudi
03-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Yep..they just noted that I came for the initial appointment and asked to come after my finger heals..i had surgery on the finger and went back after the finger healed

If you dont mind telling me, which ASC you went to ? can you give the city and state? Also when they put a note on the FP notice , do they return the original FP to you or they keep it. The reason I am asking is I am thinking of doing a walk-in at some other ASC in case the original ASC asks to reschedule instead of doing walk-in after healing. So I will need the original FP appointment if I goto some other ASC. My wife has some travel plans in coming 2-3 weeks and want to get this out of the way.