PDA

View Full Version : help for my 90-year old grandmother....

fhb0980
02-21-2008, 06:22 AM
I'm hoping someone can provide some good advice...

My grandmother renewed her green card application January last year, got fingerprinted and was told she was all set. While she was out of the country in June, she received notice that her prints had to be retaken and her appointment was in 10 days.

Being 90 and not in the best of health, she did not go back to the US with such short notice. She tried to call the UCSIS hotline to reschedule and was told she could not and that she had to go into the local office to do so (though the whole point was she in Asia).

I was only told this recently by my parents and tried to find some solutions for her as the main reason she came to the US in the first place was to help raise me.

Looking over her denial notice, it appears she could reopen the case with supporting evidence. But am wondering what I need to provide and if there's anything I can do?

Any suggestions?

Also, it looks like if you are 75 years old or more you do not need fingerprints but is this only for the naturalization process or does it also apply to the PR process?

Any advice would be great!

rolrblade
02-21-2008, 09:52 AM
You could try to reopen the case with Supporting evidence of ill health and age. This is a long shot, but a good attroney should be able to pose a compelling argument. Also, try to get an infopass appointment and talk to someone about your options.