PDA

View Full Version : What are the Airline restrictions for EAD/AP travel?

gcdreamer05
11-20-2010, 11:04 AM
IV Users,

If a person has EAD/AP, what are the possible airlines that we can travel to India?

I remember airlines like british airways ask for a valid visa (or) transit visa.

Any one travelled on the following airlines with EAD/AP without transit visa?

1) Gulf Air
2) Jet airways
3) Lufthansa
4) Etihad airways
5) Continental
6) Air france,
7) American airlines

Please share your experiences....

sparklinks
11-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Except via LONDON all airlines/airports accept AP.

tdasara
11-20-2010, 12:40 PM
According to German Consulate, EU law requires transit visa when traveling via Europe on AP. I requested the info from the consulate.

sparklinks
11-20-2010, 05:12 PM
According to German Consulate, EU law requires transit visa when traveling via Europe on AP. I requested the info from the consulate.

Nope, you don't need Transit visa for Europe, I went last year via Germany.

GCHope2011
11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
IV Users,

If a person has EAD/AP, what are the possible airlines that we can travel to India?

I remember airlines like british airways ask for a valid visa (or) transit visa.

Any one travelled on the following airlines with EAD/AP without transit visa?

1) Gulf Air
2) Jet airways
3) Lufthansa
4) Etihad airways
5) Continental
6) Air france,
7) American airlines

Please share your experiences....
Personal experience - no problems/ restrictions on:
1. Jet Airways (Via Brussels)
2. American Airlines (via Brussels)
3. Continental (Direct from Mumbai)
4. Air India (via Frankfurt)
5. Delta (direct from Mumbai, 2008)

tdasara
11-20-2010, 06:18 PM
"As a citizen of India you are required to apply for an airport transit visa unless any exceptions apply to you. All the exceptions are listed on our website: German Missions in the United States - Transit Visa Country List (http://www.germany.info/Vertretung/usa/en/04__Legal/02__Directory__Services/01__Visa/__Transit__Country__List__Visa.html)

If your are a holder of Form 512-L, "Authorization for parole of an Alien Into the United States", you are not exempt from the requirement to hold an airport transit visa according to European Union legislation.

Copying and Pasting from the email

GCHope2011
11-20-2010, 06:23 PM
"As a citizen of India you are required to apply for an airport transit visa unless any exceptions apply to you. All the exceptions are listed on our website: German Missions in the United States - Transit Visa Country List (http://www.germany.info/Vertretung/usa/en/04__Legal/02__Directory__Services/01__Visa/__Transit__Country__List__Visa.html)

If your are a holder of Form 512-L, "Authorization for parole of an Alien Into the United States", you are not exempt from the requirement to hold an airport transit visa according to European Union legislation.

Have seen this debate many times over now - just to re-affirm - at Frankfurt and at Brussels as an AP holder from India, you are not required to have any Transit Visa - personal experience this year (less than a month ago) and last year.

kumar1
11-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Fly KLM. Holland does not need transit visa. At any cost, avoid London. They are snobs and I personally go out of my way (like paying 200 per ticket extra) to avoid British airways.

getgreened2010
11-21-2010, 01:25 AM
In my opinion.....you only require transit visa while coming back to US through London from India (because you don't have a valid visa stamped on your passport). If you are traveling from US to India via London transit visa is not required as AP holders from India have a valid visa (Indian Passport in this case) for their destination country.

bigboy007
11-21-2010, 02:52 AM
not right... any indian passport holder going via london has to have one of

1. transit visa
2. US/CAN GreenCard
3. valid visa if from US , US visa.

all airlines look through same system for documentation requirements. its the connecting point that matters not the airlines.

Jet flyes via brussels hence no issues, gulf air bahrain or dubai no issues, british only connects in London described above, lufthansa i see no issues eventhough there are conflicting statements, air france via paris not sure...

American has only nonstop from chicago to delhi else you will be connecting through either of their of partners falls in one of the category above.

kprgroup
12-06-2010, 01:18 PM
My wife traveled using AP (NOV29-2010) on Lufthansa via Frankfurt . No transit visa ..asked

jax999
01-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Anybody Travelled with only Advance Payrole through Frankfurt recently please post ?

where they will check for transit visa in usa while boarding or in frankfurt or in india while return ?

My nationality is Indian. Presently i am residing in USA . I have " Advance Payrole Document " . I am planning to travel in this February 2011 from " Atlanta -> Frankfurt -> India(Hyderabad) " and return is in May 2011 from " India(Hyderabad) -> Frankfurt -> Atlanta " in lufthansa airways.

So shall i go for this round trip with a valid " Advance Payrole Document " only ? or i need to have " Air Transit Visa ? If i need Air transit Visa could you please let me know how to apply and what documents i need to submit .

please help already buyed tickets from lufthansa website. non refundable ticket. before that one time i cancelled ticket. airport transit visa shall we apply by post/mail ? in person cant go because very far totally 30 hors drive that too with infant driving not possible . please help ?

While pending i-485 if i applied for German airport transit visa is there any negative concerns because of that ?

Please reply soon . I really appriciate you . Thank You.

kumar1
01-30-2011, 09:58 AM
The document that you are referring to is called "Advance Parole" and not "Advance Payrole".

Anybody Travelled with only Advance Payrole through Frankfurt recently please post ?

where they will check for transit visa in usa while boarding or in frankfurt or in india while return ?

My nationality is Indian. Presently i am residing in USA . I have " Advance Payrole Document " . I am planning to travel in this February 2011 from " Atlanta -> Frankfurt -> India(Hyderabad) " and return is in May 2011 from " India(Hyderabad) -> Frankfurt -> Atlanta " in lufthansa airways.

So shall i go for this round trip with a valid " Advance Payrole Document " only ? or i need to have " Air Transit Visa ? If i need Air transit Visa could you please let me know how to apply and what documents i need to submit .

please help already buyed tickets from lufthansa website. non refundable ticket. before that one time i cancelled ticket. airport transit visa shall we apply by post/mail ? in person cant go because very far totally 30 hors drive that too with infant driving not possible . please help ?

While pending i-485 if i applied for German airport transit visa is there any negative concerns because of that ?

Please reply soon . I really appriciate you . Thank You.

gcseeker2002
01-30-2011, 06:48 PM
The document that you are referring to is called "Advance Parole" and not "Advance Payrole".
Good one on payrole or payroll :)
BTW, no transit visa required, I mentioned in several other threads, see other threads, I have travelled on Jan 1st 2011.

s416504
01-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Any One travelled recently from usa to India thru Paris using Advance Parole? Please share.
Any one knows if travel thru Paris OK with Advance Parole.

hope4gc
01-31-2011, 08:24 AM
My friend's wife did travel on AP 1 Week ago thru germany on Lufthansa. SHe didnot ave a transit Visa

pandu_hawaldar
01-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Paris - Air France --> need transit visa.(travelled 4 years back)
Germany(FF) - Lufthansa/Air India --> no transit visa needed.(travelled 3 months back)
Dubai, Amsterdam --> no transit visa needed.

gcbikari
01-31-2011, 01:16 PM
My friend's wife did travel on AP 1 Week ago thru germany on Lufthansa. SHe didnot ave a transit Visa
I agree, I also traveled with AP via Frankfart in Dec 08, but now on Jan 30th 2011 I couldn't find the info that says people with travel document are exempted from transit visa.

sury
01-31-2011, 03:26 PM
I travelled below airlines and never been asked for transit visa..

Qatar via Doha
Etihad via AbuDhabi
Emirates via Dubai

webr
01-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Germany - Frankfurt needs visa - I inquired with US German consulate , they told this.

And also in the german consulate websites does not say anything about AP.

There are some folks travelled on AP via frankfurt - it means they are lucky to get enough.

If you are risk averters and go by legal- then avoid frankfurt route - or take an transit visa.

gk_2000
01-31-2011, 08:28 PM
You are ready to trust an internet forum for such a question? You must ask the relevant international bodies for such things. If you want to know who are the relevant bodies, I will throw in my suggestion : Kim Kardashian. Best of luck

optimist
02-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I found this tool that provides official Transit Visa requirements. Data is provided by the International Air Transport Association (IATA):

Find Visa Requirements | Visa & Passport Information | Essential Information | Plan & Book | Emirates United States (http://www.emirates.com/us/english/plan_book/essential_information/visa_passport_information/find_visa_requirements/find_visa_requirements.aspx)

(Query results displayed in a pop-up window)