PDA

View Full Version : fingerprint

liorsal
02-17-2008, 12:58 PM
I file my AOS in july, my case is in texas and i got the EAD and AP.
but i didn't get the fingerprint date yet.
my questions is :
1. if this is strange that i didn't get the fingerprint date yet?
2. if there is more filers in my situation?
3. how long it will take?

mhtanim
02-17-2008, 01:11 PM
I file my AOS in july, my case is in texas and i got the EAD and AP.
but i didn't get the fingerprint date yet.
my questions is :
1. if this is strange that i didn't get the fingerprint date yet?
2. if there is more filers in my situation?
3. how long it will take?

1. It's little odd that you (and I) haven't got it yet, but there are many others who are in the same boat.

2. I have not got FP notice either.

3. Nobody knows how long it may take. My lawyer - (one of the prominent immigration law firms) keeps telling me to wait.

chem2
02-17-2008, 07:50 PM
me too. concurrent I-140/485 recd at TSC on 8/9. recd EAD and AP in November, no sign of FP notice and no LUDs on I-140 or I-485 since receipt date of 10/4.

my lawyer said that FP and FBI namechecks are requested at the same time, wonder if this means my namecheck hasn't started yet??!?

maheshsub
02-20-2008, 10:25 AM
It is best to call the USCIS call center to request that they create an internal inquiry about this. The standard response is that they will send the FP notice within 45 days.
Here are the steps to go about this:
1. Have your 485 receipt number, A number ready
2. Call 1-800-375-5283
3. Phone menu options: 1,2,6,2
4. The above will take u to an operator
5. They will ask if u are calling abt XYZ..say NO..looks like I picked the wrong option...I am calling abt my biometrics appt.
6. Make sure you take down agent name, agent ID and referral number

The above can be done by you and/or your attorney.

apahilaj
02-20-2008, 11:52 AM
In the same boat. Have opened up an SR in Oct 07, response was my name check is still ongoing. Took an infopass in Jan 08 and she said name check was pending so no FP. Since then have opened up a second SR this month. Will wait and see.

pscdk
02-20-2008, 12:00 PM
For AOS filing with EAD & AP, do we have to attend for two fingerprinting appointments(one for I-485 & one for EAD) or only one? Please let me know.

ajju
02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
For AOS filing with EAD & AP, do we have to attend for two fingerprinting appointments(one for I-485 & one for EAD) or only one? Please let me know.

If concurrent filing.. otherwise 2...