PDA

View Full Version : Whom do you vote for 2008 elections

kevinkris
02-14-2008, 06:05 PM
If given a chance.

sorry read as barack instead of barach.. (typo)..

any one knows how to change the poll text after posting??

chanduv23
02-14-2008, 06:06 PM
If given a chance.

Whoever wants to give me a chance :)

kevinkris
02-14-2008, 06:08 PM
funny chandu.. :)

Whoever wants to give me a chance :)

kevinkris
02-14-2008, 06:20 PM
bump

Amma
02-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Janitor

bfadlia
02-14-2008, 06:27 PM
I strongly support Ron Paul

Circus123
02-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Seems like Obama will win :D

HV000
02-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Its UNFORTUNATE that this country has failed to listen to Ron Paul!!!
This guy clears know about the Foreign and Monetary policies than other candidates. He got more money from the troops than others!! People who watched the recent BIASED UNFAIR CNN Replublican debate will understand.

John McCain wants to stay in Iraq for 100 years if needed, Where is the money going to come from? China or the Sovereign Wealth funds?? Not to mention the Social Security fund which is slowly heading towards bankruptcy. Already, they are starting to cut some of the medicare benefits!

rameshk75
02-14-2008, 07:56 PM
I will go with either with Obama/McCain... no one will support us so easily..we have support IV and raise the voice !!

somma
02-14-2008, 07:56 PM

I too support him but the media totally ignored him. Poor guy.

HV000
02-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Good Luck with Democrats supporting LEGAL Immigration??
Voting record during the CIR debate will convince how they embraced illegal immigration unlike the republicans!!! Atleast the Republicans will do something for Legal Immigration.

kevinkris
02-14-2008, 09:13 PM
bump..

jasmin45
02-15-2008, 12:14 AM
None of us here are eligible to vote. People are bumping this. for what?
I would request Admins to close this thread please.

gapala
02-15-2008, 12:19 AM
None of us here are eligible to vote. People are bumping this. for what?
I would request Admins to close this thread please.

This should be closed as this turns out to be a distraction from IV focus on Letter campaign.

Dhundhun
02-15-2008, 05:04 AM
This should be closed as this turns out to be a distraction from IV focus on Letter campaign.

That's true. Only citizens of USA can have political views and can express their views. H1B and H4 holders expressing views might not be legal.

As I understand H1B and H4 holders can not influence politics. Hope that USCIS is not monitoring this thread.

rb_248
02-15-2008, 08:33 AM
That's true. Only citizens of USA can have political views and can express their views. H1B and H4 holders expressing views might not be legal.

As I understand H1B and H4 holders can not influence politics. Hope that USCIS is not monitoring this thread.

That is not true. We can support any candidate, endorse or even contribute to their campaign.

shantanup
02-15-2008, 09:00 AM

Ron Paul. I live in his constituency and I have met his staff for IV related lobbying. They have also agreed to write letter to the President. Nice and very understanding people. He has clarity of thoughts. Unfortunately he doesn't have the glamor that others have. His family is known to be a very simple and down to earth type in the Lake Jackson area. People here have very high regards for him.

GCwaitforever
02-15-2008, 10:03 AM
That is not true. We can support any candidate, endorse or even contribute to their campaign.

We can support any candidate by doing voluntary work.

We can not accept any pay at all.

Also we can not contribute for anyone's campaign. That is considered infringement by foreigners in US politics.

gapala
02-15-2008, 10:15 AM

I am afraid, you are ignorant of law and that is not an escuse anywhere.

Here's the rule for your reference.

A federal statute prohibits persons who are neither U.S. citizens nor permanent residents (that is, holders of "green cards") from contributing any money to candidates for state or federal office, or to American political parties. The provision was originally enacted in the 1970s. In the 1990s, the statute received some public attention when it was alleged that fundraisers for the Democratic Party and its candidates were attempting to circumvent the law by raising money from foreign sources, including the People's Republic of China.

If treating foreigners on par with U.S. citizens and permanent residents would be sufficient to address the fear of foreign corruption, then the statutory ban could fail the operative test under the First Amendment. After all, the test requires that an infringement on the freedom of speech be "necessary" to the attainment of a compelling interest. And if there were other, narrower ways to address the corruption fear, then a flat ban on contributions by foreigners would unnecessary and thus unconstitutional.

In 2002, the law was amended with the adoption of the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act--also known as "BCRA" or "McCain-Feingold." The amendment made clear that the foreign money ban applied to state as well as federal elections, a position that the Federal Election Commission had taken under the old wording of the statute.

If you need more information, here's the link. Search for the information and Read it.

http://writ.news.findlaw.com

Guys do not geopradize your Job Privilage through H1 or your "GC Dream".
Think twice before you "endorse" your support and throw dirt on politicians in this country. Avoid trouble where ever possible to stay clean.

Again I would urge the Admins to close this and delete the thread. a "Vote" for us in the community is a far away dream may be after 4 more prez election in US (10 years in GC and 5 years for citizenship). Who knows whats in hold for us in future?

kevinkris
02-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks

kevinkris
02-16-2008, 01:07 PM
This is just a forum dude.. chill out..
anyway let me know how to delete the thread.. i will do it..

I am afraid, you are ignorant of law and that is not an escuse anywhere.

Here's the rule for your reference.

A federal statute prohibits persons who are neither U.S. citizens nor permanent residents (that is, holders of "green cards") from contributing any money to candidates for state or federal office, or to American political parties. The provision was originally enacted in the 1970s. In the 1990s, the statute received some public attention when it was alleged that fundraisers for the Democratic Party and its candidates were attempting to circumvent the law by raising money from foreign sources, including the People's Republic of China.

If treating foreigners on par with U.S. citizens and permanent residents would be sufficient to address the fear of foreign corruption, then the statutory ban could fail the operative test under the First Amendment. After all, the test requires that an infringement on the freedom of speech be "necessary" to the attainment of a compelling interest. And if there were other, narrower ways to address the corruption fear, then a flat ban on contributions by foreigners would unnecessary and thus unconstitutional.

In 2002, the law was amended with the adoption of the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act--also known as "BCRA" or "McCain-Feingold." The amendment made clear that the foreign money ban applied to state as well as federal elections, a position that the Federal Election Commission had taken under the old wording of the statute.

If you need more information, here's the link. Search for the information and Read it.

http://writ.news.findlaw.com

Guys do not geopradize your Job Privilage through H1 or your "GC Dream".
Think twice before you "endorse" your support and throw dirt on politicians in this country. Avoid trouble where ever possible to stay clean.

Again I would urge the Admins to close this and delete the thread. a "Vote" for us in the community is a far away dream may be after 4 more prez election in US (10 years in GC and 5 years for citizenship). Who knows whats in hold for us in future?

gapala
02-16-2008, 06:49 PM
no body endorsing or no body raising funds here..

This is just a forum dude.. chill out..
anyway let me know how to delete the thread.. i will do it..

infact rb wrongly mentioned about the endorsement and contribution..I just wanted to correct that. nothing against you dude. Now with respect to your question on deleting the thread.

Send a note or PM to Admin to delete the thread itself.
If you just want to delete your message, then Click on "Edit" you will see the delete buttom there.

raj2007
02-18-2008, 12:34 AM
infact rb wrongly mentioned about the endorsement and contribution..I just wanted to correct that. nothing against you dude. Now with respect to your question on deleting the thread.

Send a note or PM to Admin to delete the thread itself.
If you just want to delete your message, then Click on "Edit" you will see the delete buttom there.

Well you are wrong here..Only donations or contributions are banned not discussions and nobody is trying to influence the outcome with that.