PDA

View Full Version : Admin Fix - TIME TO COME OUT OF YOUR CLOSETS

chanduv23
02-07-2008, 01:41 PM
IV has so many members who just do not pull the trigger. They just do not step out of their cocoons.

This is gthe time - please please please step out and start helping IV to help yourself.

IV is one voice and be a part of this voice - collectively we can all shout loud enough so that even the deaf can hear us.

So please step up and help us. IV needs you all. IV needs your support.

Please participate in the admin fix campaign and make it a success.

Please keep this thread high up by pledging support and posting your action towards this campaign.

sanjay
02-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Man, you are so crazy about opening so many threads for the same topic. You cannot force people to send letters. And by this time those who wants to send letters had already sent to WH and IV. Give us some break. I come to IV site to get some information on immigration issues and what I get are 'n' numbers of threads for same issue. ---- ADMIN FIX.......

These are the active threads I found on the front. Let put our energy on different things and get move to other issue, other than sending letters. If you want to be moderator or something else in IV contact PAPPU directly.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17160
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17158
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17157
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17159
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16595

H4_losing_hope
02-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I think we need to be careful these kind of conversations aren't detrimental to the current campaign and to IV. I am new here, but I do also feel the drive that chanduv23 has and you know, sometimes you do feel like posting it everywhere and on your forehead. This backlog situation sometimes gets the better of us! I am all for organizing too, we need that. But I do sympathize with those who feel desperate to reach as many visitors as possible. There are still folk out there who would like to send their letter, let's encourage them and still be organized. I promise to keep my posts to threads already existing from now on. Thanks :)

chanduv23
02-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Man, you are so crazy about opening so many threads for the same topic. You cannot force people to send letters. And by this time those who wants to send letters had already sent to WH and IV. Give us some break. I come to IV site to get some information on immigration issues and what I get are 'n' numbers of threads for same issue. ---- ADMIN FIX.......

These are the active threads I found on the front. Let put our energy on different things and get move to other issue, other than sending letters. If you want to be moderator or something else in IV contact PAPPU directly.

Can you please suggest your POA? Like, you say u want to do things other than sending the letters. I am ready to support anything that helps the community.

We have 3 more weeks for this campaign and we must do our best to get as many letters as possible.

A lot of people lack motivation because they just canniot pull the trigger and once in a while we must give some push.

I am a chapter lead and I do play an important role - go to the state chapters page and look up for my name, thanks for ur suggestion about contacting pappu

chanduv23
02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
I think we need to be careful these kind of conversations aren't detrimental to the current campaign and to IV. I am new here, but I do also feel the drive that chanduv23 has and you know, sometimes you do feel like posting it everywhere and on your forehead. This backlog situation sometimes gets the better of us! I am all for organizing too, we need that. But I do sympathize with those who feel desperate to reach as many visitors as possible. There are still folk out there who would like to send their letter, let's encourage them and still be organized. I promise to keep my posts to threads already existing from now on. Thanks :)

Nothing wrong in posting threads that help support a cause. My question to all those who are attacking me - why are we fighting among ourselves? Why can we not work towards the goal?

Please keep up the good work - you are doing a great job.

vamsi_poondla
02-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I never knew that one can become moderator/admin by posting more posts to get attention of Pappu. ;)

There is a thin like between spam and high publicity. Chandu never crossed this.
Those who are yet to send the letters, please send it. Those who already sent them, please ask your friends. Those who feel more strong about GC and believe that IV can work for our benefit, print 10 copies at least and get the signatures from your friends directly.

All in all, let use +ve energy that will make this campaign successful, rather than questioning other motivated members' intentions.

diptam
02-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Chandu is one of the active folks/volunteers who is helping us more that we are helping ourselves... His push and constant nagging are coming as +ve reminder who couldn't send letter due to hectic schedule or are still Procrastinating ( there is a huge chunk of people like this ) . At the same time there are a certain gang of folks who will never send letter , never support anything - just eat the fruit of other's labor and be proud and happy !!!

My personal request to Chandu would be - Pls continue the push and nag but keep it above the beltline. Let's not create 5 threads but do the push 5 times in 1 thread.

I'm a supporter of Chandu and other IV folks like Chandu - so dont take me wrong.

Nothing wrong in posting threads that help support a cause. My question to all those who are attacking me - why are we fighting among ourselves? Why can we not work towards the goal?

Please keep up the good work - you are doing a great job.

chanduv23
02-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Chandu is one of the active folks/volunteers who is helping us more that we are helping ourselves... His push and constant nagging are coming as +ve reminder who couldn't send letter due to hectic schedule or are still Procrastinating ( there is a huge chunk of people like this ) . At the same time there are a certain gang of folks who will never send letter , never support anything - just eat the fruit of other's labor and be proud and happy !!!

My personal request to Chandu would be - Pls continue the push and nag but keep it above the beltline. Let's not create 5 threads but do the push 5 times in 1 thread.

I'm a supporter of Chandu and other IV folks like Chandu - so dont take me wrong.

Thanks for the encouraging words :) I promise, not more than 5 threads :) Come on folks lets have atleast 5 threads.

I have not been very active on this campaign because of a personal situation but want to do what I can.

At times, people just need a push. When they see 5 therads with bold topics, they do feel the push otherwise - people just carry on with hectic schedules and forget to do it even though they intended to do it.

Like a member "crystal" said sometime back "even eagles need a push to let them know that they can fly" .

I am stopping with these, but it would be great if members take it up from here.

IV is for everyone and we want everyone to participate.

Lasantha
02-07-2008, 04:19 PM
TIME TO COME OUT OF YOUR CLOSETS ???

Hmmm.. What are you implying Chandu??? :D

andy garcia
02-07-2008, 04:28 PM
???

It is not politically correct to use those words nowadays :D

sweet23guyin
02-07-2008, 04:54 PM

Grow up buddy, don't be a cry babby.

We all know why U and me visit the site, Information. And in the process if you find any thing not so important to you, just ignore and move on...did this thread of asking to send letters made other threads invisible?
Just to piss u off, i am requesting again to all the folks to send letters.

sanjay
02-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Grow up buddy, don't be a cry babby.

We all know why U and me visit the site, Information. And in the process if you find any thing not so important to you, just ignore and move on...did this thread of asking to send letters made other threads invisible?
Just to piss u off, i am requesting again to all the folks to send letters.

Well, you have not pissed me at all. I did what IV had asked in one month back. I had sent my 2 letters (me and my wife) 17 days back and collected another 12 letters from friends and send them too. I had contributed what ever IV had asked until now, what ever it may be.

I am sorry, but just a note can baffle you guys and you put all the -ve comments to the post, then sorry to say you guys cannot take any constructive opinion from others. And I think I did no wrong in asking Chanduv to stop posting innumerable threads just for one cause.

GOD Bless you all.

prinive
02-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I agree 100% with you.... It is time to move on...

Well, you have not pissed me at all. I did what IV had asked in one month back. I had sent my 2 letters (me and my wife) 17 days back and collected another 12 letters from friends and send them too. I had contributed what ever IV had asked until now, what ever it may be.

I am sorry, but just a note can baffle you guys and you put all the -ve comments to the post, then sorry to say you guys cannot take any constructive opinion from others. And I think I did no wrong in asking Chanduv to stop posting innumerable threads just for one cause.

GOD Bless you all.

NolaIndian32
02-11-2008, 10:36 AM
I support chanduv23! He is like our cheer leader, and we need one (or several) for IV and for this current campaign.

Thanks to the all the on-going reminders, encouragement and requests, I have collected 52 letters thus far with more than 50 in the works. I will report a final tally shortly.

gjoe
02-11-2008, 11:15 AM

GOD Bless you all.

I support Sanjay and Chanduv. Need balance in a democracy, so folks we got to walk the fine line in the middle.

chanduv23
02-11-2008, 11:48 PM
sanjay , prinive - believe me folks, a lot of pushing is needed, not everyone are proactive like you and me. I guess you are in the tri state chapter - you can see for yourself, how many members are active and how many are not. I am also just like you all - the core trusts me to be a chapter lead and I do want to do what best I can - I will be very happy if more and more people come forward and carry things forward.

chanduv23
02-11-2008, 11:50 PM
???

Not to be a fence sitter

gc_in_30_yrs
02-13-2008, 05:02 PM
hi,
where is the format and what words to use and to whom we have to address. i am not on IV website all thru the day, so, i am missing the great chunk of information by evening i log in. can anyone guide me thru the process, i am willing to hand written the letter. i have seen several threads on this admin fix / letters campaign; but to be honest, i could not find anything than asking members to write letters.
thanks for the help.

soma
02-13-2008, 05:12 PM
hi,
where is the format and what words to use and to whom we have to address. i am not on IV website all thru the day, so, i am missing the great chunk of information by evening i log in. can anyone guide me thru the process, i am willing to hand written the letter. i have seen several threads on this admin fix / letters campaign; but to be honest, i could not find anything than asking members to write letters.
thanks for the help.

You can find the letter formats in the following thread.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16506

You will find most of the information regarding the letter campaign out there....

gc_in_30_yrs
02-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Thank you very much for posting this information. I am going to send this letter by hand written in next two days.

needhelp!
02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Thank You.. Please also spread the message.

Thank you very much for posting this information. I am going to send this letter by hand written in next two days.

chanduv23
02-13-2008, 07:15 PM

My thread did do some good :)

Dear fellow IVans - please do not take my first post in the negative sense. At this time we need maximum cooparation from all fellow community members.

Thanks for coming forward and helping the cause.

H4_losing_hope
02-13-2008, 08:37 PM
My thread did do some good :)

Dear fellow IVans - please do not take my first post in the negative sense. At this time we need maximum cooparation from all fellow community members.

Thanks for coming forward and helping the cause.

Nice one Chanduv23! I second this. Let's seize this opportunity, embrace it, and hold it tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay, enough of this attempt at poetry. cheers.

skc526
02-13-2008, 08:47 PM
After some procrastination, finally i will be posting the mails out tomorrow. You guys are doing great jobs. I will talk around to my friends to send out too.:)

H1BLegal95
02-13-2008, 08:57 PM
this is the core objective of IV and the current running campaign..

technically the site should open to a page about "Have u sent ur letter ?" before any information is available to anybody.

limit the no of replies seen by non- contributors (ppl who have not donated)

H4_losing_hope
02-13-2008, 09:13 PM
After some procrastination, finally i will be posting the mails out tomorrow. You guys are doing great jobs. I will talk around to my friends to send out too.:)

If you could that would be awesome, I found that just printing out a bunch of the templates made it easy for folks to hand write their name and address. I have been doing the envelope and stamps myself, that way you can be assured it is acted on and sent :) Thanks Skc526

chanduv23
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM

Please please do so :) Lets all join hands and succeed in this campaign

REQUIRE_GC
02-14-2008, 09:23 AM

GOD Bless you all.

Submitted Letters to President