PDA

View Full Version : german visa application question

atlgc
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM
hello

i am applying for german airport transit visa

i am travelling from chicago-frankfurt-bangalore on nov 30th and returung on dec20th bangalore-frankfurt -chicago

in the application there is a question for date of arrival/departures

do i need to palce nov3oth and dec20th

any help/experiences are appreciated

rajsri
11-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Why do we need a transit visa if we are just passing by the airport( I know UK has this rule). Can someone please share if we really need the transit visa. I am travelling on next week to Chennai via Frankfurt.

LostInGCProcess
11-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Why do we need a transit visa if we are just passing by the airport( I know UK has this rule). Can someone please share if we really need the transit visa. I am travelling on next week to Chennai via Frankfurt.

If you have a valid (unexpired) US visa and traveling, to OR from US, to any country via Germany, then you DON'T need a transit Visa.

If you are traveling on AP, you need transit visa via Germany.

Quote from the German Mission web site:

Nationals of the following countries are required to be in possession of an airport transit visa when passing through the international transit area of airports in Germany:

AFGHANISTAN, BANGLADESH, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO, ERITREA, ETHIOPIA, GHANA, INDIA, IRAN, IRAQ, JORDAN ** (please see below), LEBANON, MYANMAR, NIGERIA, PAKISTAN, SOMALIA, SRI LANKA, SUDAN, SYRIA, TURKEY

Exceptions: Nationals from the above list are entitled to transit through the international transit zones without an airport transit visa:

1. If they hold a valid visa for the United States of America
2. If they return from the USA after having used the visa
3. If they hold one of the following residence permits:

* Form I-551 permanent resident card (valid for 2 to 10 years),
* Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (valid for 2 to 10 years),
* Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (no expiry date),
* Form I-327 Re-entry document (valid for two years — issued to holders of a I-551),
* Resident alien card (valid for 2 or 10 years or no expiry date. This document guarantees the holder’s return only if his stay outside the USA has not exceeded one year),
* Permit to re-enter (valid for two years. This document guarantees the holder’s return only if his stay outside the USA has not exceeded two years),
* Valid temporary residence stamp in a valid passport (valid for one year from the date of issue).

rajsri
11-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Thank You for the information. But
1) I have heard from someone that there is a statement on their website that the transit visa is required only if the stay is more than 10/20 hours.
2) Where do they check for the transit visa? is it done while boarding into the airport in US or while entering into the German airport? If they find that we don't have a transit visa in Frankfurt airport, what would they do?

Please answer to my questions, this is really needed for me to act on getting the transit visa.

LostInGCProcess
11-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Thank You for the information. But
1) I have heard from someone that there is a statement on their website that the transit visa is required only if the stay is more than 10/20 hours.
2) Where do they check for the transit visa? is it done while boarding into the airport in US or while entering into the German airport? If they find that we don't have a transit visa in Frankfurt airport, what would they do?

Please answer to my questions, this is really needed for me to act on getting the transit visa.

If you can type a question in this forum, then, I guess, you could also do the research by yourself and let us all know about it. If you heard from 'someone', please ask him/her to send you the link and post it here. Thanks.

Most nations do not require a transit visa as long as you are remained in the Airport and changing planes to your destination. If you decide to take a break for few days, then you need a Transit visa, which you can either get prior to your travel by contacting the respective consulates or Embassies or at the transit airport.

kprgroup
12-06-2010, 01:24 PM
My wife traveled with AP & expired visa thru Frankfurt(Lufthansa) on 29th Nov '10. No transit visa asked

jax999
01-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Anybody Travelled with only Advance Payrole through Frankfurt recently please post ?

where they will check for transit visa in usa while boarding or in frankfurt or in india while return ?

My nationality is Indian. Presently i am residing in USA . I have " Advance Payrole Document " . I am planning to travel in this February 2011 from " Atlanta -> Frankfurt -> India(Hyderabad) " and return is in May 2011 from " India(Hyderabad) -> Frankfurt -> Atlanta " in lufthansa airways.

So shall i go for this round trip with a valid " Advance Payrole Document " only ? or i need to have " Air Transit Visa ? If i need Air transit Visa could you please let me know how to apply and what documents i need to submit .

While pending i-485 if i applied for German airport transit visa is there any negative concerns because of that ?

Please reply soon . I really appriciate you . Thank You.