PDA

View Full Version : EAD Renewal RFE - On vacation outside country

appa12
11-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi,
I had applied for my 2nd EAD renewal in in August. Yesterday I got an RFE on my application. Unfortunately I came to India to see my family last week and am supposed to be back in the US only on the 29th of November. What are my options if the RFE deadline is before I get back? I still dont know what the RFE is for. If the deadline passes would it be considered abandonment of GC?

bigboy007
11-11-2010, 09:14 PM
You can ask some of your friend to conference you in to 800 USCIS number request for level 2 and ask what is the reason for RFE and when are you supposed to respond. if you have time you are good if not there might be chances that your application for which you applied for may be rejected. Since you applied for EAD thats what it means. when did you get RFE btw ?

appa12
11-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Bigboy007 thanks for the reply. I just got an email notification yesterday about the RFE. If the RFE is because the last entry date does not match what is in the system (as I am travelling now) what are my options?

Also if I miss the RFE deadline does it mean rejection of the EAD application or rejection of the entire green card application?

mattresscoil
11-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Bigboy007 thanks for the reply. I just got an email notification yesterday about the RFE. If the RFE is because the last entry date does not match what is in the system (as I am travelling now) what are my options?

Also if I miss the RFE deadline does it mean rejection of the EAD application or rejection of the entire green card application?
appa12:

Your 485 application stays as-is. Don't worry bout the green card application. You are requesting your EAD on the basis of your I-485. Just make sure that you arrive before your AP expires.

Also find out what you are supposed to do next, you might have to send a letter or something.

Your question: "Also if I miss the RFE deadline does it mean rejection of the EAD application or rejection of the entire green card application?"

Answer to your question: "EAD might be rejected but your GC application will not be rejected."

Thanks, Mattresscoil!!