PDA

View Full Version : Travel on AP with a criminal charge

bandhu
02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I entered US in 2001 on H1B and have not left the country since then. Unfortunately within few months of coming to US, I had a fight with my wife and was charged of domestic violence. This charge was later reduced and I was convicted of a simple battery.
Now if I travel overseas and come back on AP (I intend to use my approved AP instead of going for H1B stamping), can I be denied entry to US at port of entry because of my criminal charge?
Anyone in the same situation or know someone in this situation? Was there any issue in there re entry into US?
Thanks a lot in advance.

I entered US in 2001 on H1B and have not left the country since then. Unfortunately within few months of coming to US, I had a fight with my wife and was charged of domestic violence. This charge was later reduced and I was convicted of a simple battery.
Now if I travel overseas and come back on AP (I intend to use my approved AP instead of going for H1B stamping), can I be denied entry to US at port of entry because of my criminal charge?
Anyone in the same situation or know someone in this situation? Was there any issue in there re entry into US?
Thanks a lot in advance.

immiblues
02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Did you declare your arrest record at the time of I-485 filing and did INS respond to that? What stage of I-485 filinga are you? Do you already have your AP?

As far as I know you can be denied entry IF your I-484 is denied while you are out of the country.

bandhu
02-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Yes I declared my arrest in I485 and have got my EAD and AP aproved.
Did anyone in this situation travel on AP?

raj2007
02-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Yes I declared my arrest in I485 and have got my EAD and AP aproved.
Did anyone in this situation travel on AP?

I think you should be OK.. try to consult the lawyer.