PDA

View Full Version : Issue with vendor

aravindan_kv
02-01-2008, 12:13 PM
All ,
I am working for company "x" and having middle vendor "y"
and middle vendor has got me job and , working in the client location "z" of the middle vendor

I have signed non-compete agreement with middle vendor , that i should not join with client "z" (introduce by middle vendor) for 2 years after my termination.

The vendor "y" is not willing to work with my client "z"
and vendor "y" is saying to me i should not work with "z" because i have signed non-compete agreement.

Is it legal for my vendor "y" to say that i should not work with "z"
if they don't want to do business with "z"

I don;t know how to overcome this isssue.please guide me

fromnaija
02-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Depending on your state of residence this may not be enforceable on the part of vendor "y" as this is restricting flow of labor. Find out what the labor law says about such situation in your state.
Also since vendor "y" is not your employer such a restriciton may not apply anywhere!

rockstart
02-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Most of the times all they want it that you introduce them as a sub vendor and pay them $2-5/hr. So the new relation ship will be

Z -> New Vendor -> Y -> X -> You

americandesi
02-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Most of the times all they want it that you introduce them as a sub vendor and pay them $2-5/hr. So the new relation ship will be

Z -> New Vendor -> Y -> X -> You

On the other note, these kinds of multiple layers are illegal and subcontracting is not allowed as per H1 rules.

Refer the following thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12185