PDA

View Full Version : Vote for this immgration question for the 31jan08 Dem Debate

gjoe
01-30-2008, 05:28 PM
I watched the whole debate, unfortunately ( as expected) they never touched on the question we voted on or the other most popular question about Katrina. There were other popular question too like NASA related stuff which never made it.
Anyways we all did a good job within a short time to bring our question to #2 in the most popular list.
We will try this in the future debates too.
Once again thanks to everyone who did there part in this.

Questions 3 & 10 at 2 34 PM EST.

Here is the Link (http://dyn.politico.com/debate/democrats/VoteForQuestion.cfm#). Once you get on the page, sort the questions by Most popular

Everybody please go the URL http://dyn.politico.com/debate/democrats/VoteForQuestion.cfm
and vote for question number 20 .The question number is changing please look for the text below and the title "Immigration" before you vote
The question is
---------------------------------
This question is NOT about Illegal immigration but Legal Immigration issues at the govt. level... What do you think of and plan to do about the broken naturalization process that is currently hurting nearly half million highly-skilled and taxpaying legal immigrants already working productively in the United States who find themselves trapped in a system that is taking years longer than intended. The greatest impact of the broken green card process is borne by the legal immigrants and their families. Some of the major grievances faced by the legal immigrants are that they are forced to be stuck with the same employer for years; their spouses not allowed to work, they have a very limited travel freedom and so on. With the current backlog in the system a highly skilled high-tech engineer could take up to 7-10 years to get a green card. Isn't that an unfair deal for a person who works so hard to fulfill his American dream? Again: This question is NOT about Illegal immigration but Legal Immigration issues at the govt. level...

--------------------------------------------------------

ALSO VOTE FOR THE SECOND QUESTION (also an immigration question text follows)

-------------------------------------------

Illegal immigration has been a topic of heated debate and has received much needed attention during this election. In the midst of all the hype and bickering about ILLEGAL immigration, there is a group of people, often forgotten and ignored, who are caught up in a bureaucratic mess and yet are patiently waiting on the path to LEGAL immigration. This is a group of high skilled workers, most of whom have advanced degrees in medicine, engineering and science from Universities in the US. These people have obeyed all laws, worked hard, paid taxes and waited their turn, many for a decade, because of a system that is hopelessly broken and inefficient. I am one of these people and I have been in the US legally for 10 years and still years away from getting a green card. As the President of the United States how do you intend to address the problems faced by future Americans already living and working LEGALLY in the United States? Please note, this question is NOT about ILLEGAL immigration but about LEGAL immigration.

---------------------------------------------------

Let us try to get as many votes as possible from all the 25000 members . This is a good chance for all of us to get this issue out to the public. Please tell your friends and family who are not members on immigration voice, ask them to vote. This vote mayn't get us anything except a lame answer but atleast it will get us a big audience to hear our problem and also help us to differentiate ourselves from illegal immigration issues. FOLKS DO YOUR BEST THIS DOES NOT COST MONEY. THE POLL MAY CLOSE BY TOMORROW MORNING.

yabadaba
01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
good find..plz vote!!!

leoindiano
01-30-2008, 05:31 PM
done. Bump ^^^

bharad
01-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Voted now.

msekhargc
01-30-2008, 05:35 PM
voted now

rbalaji5
01-30-2008, 05:36 PM
I am done..

pamposh
01-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Done

grupak
01-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Voted for the question.

Hope our issues figure in the Presidential debate. Anybody knows more about this Politico publication?

ujjvalkoul
01-30-2008, 05:39 PM
its Ques 10..now....

VOTE

akhilmahajan
01-30-2008, 05:43 PM
hopefully everybody votes.
done my part. will vote again once i reach home. need to vote for my wife ;)

Sri_1975
01-30-2008, 05:45 PM
bump ..

kondur_007
01-30-2008, 05:46 PM
just voted, it is question no 11 now

siravi
01-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Voted (for currently Q. 11)

nb_des
01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
done, voted for Q11.

ps57002
01-30-2008, 05:50 PM
done

lotsofspace
01-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Voted. But the question slipped to 11 now.

santb1975
01-30-2008, 06:00 PM
I sent that question in for the debate about 2 weeks ago. Glad it is on the list. I cannot access this link now for some reason

niklshah
01-30-2008, 06:03 PM
voted, its question no. 16 now

gjoe
01-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Let us try to keep the question atleast in the top10 until the poll closes. This is a very good chance to bring our issue to a wide audience.

santb1975
01-30-2008, 06:07 PM
it is at 22 now. I will post this on the so.Cal chapter

kannan
Voted it is now q 21

JA1HIND
Just now voted and it was questions # 20

vikramark
Voted, Question has slipped to 20, more people need to vote

Libra
01-30-2008, 06:08 PM
me too

dagabaaj
01-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Bump

justareader
01-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Done

santb1975
01-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Please spread the word

skdskd
01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Voted....It's Question 22 Now

cygent
01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Voted It is #23 now

jnraajan
01-30-2008, 06:13 PM
It is Question Number 23 now. But, if you sort it by most popular, it is Question No. 48. We need to get more votes to make it a popular question.

Any chance, the candidates will answer this question

grupak
01-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Let us try to keep the question atleast in the top10 until the poll closes. This is a very good chance to bring our issue to a wide audience.

I think the link provided here take to the page where questions are not sorted by either popularity or most recent ( which I assumed initially). I might be wrong.

sammyb
01-30-2008, 06:19 PM
it is now Q26 ....

good find man ...

gjoe
01-30-2008, 06:19 PM
I sent that question in for the debate about 2 weeks ago. Glad it is on the list. I cannot access this link now for some reason

I guess we should use chances like these to get our agenda heard by the people and the govt. There are going to be atleast 3 more presidential debates we should try to get this question asked atleast in a couple of them. We can modify the question to make it more broad, but still keep the focus on legal immigration problems by highlighting it.

PS: You have earned yourself some green ;) I mean rep points from me

skdskd
01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Question 26 Now (page 2)

26. Question on: Immigration

quizzer
01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
I did just now. It was question no 1

gjoe
01-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I think the link provided here take to the page where questions are not sorted by either popularity or most recent ( which I assumed initially). I might be wrong.

If anyone has a direct link to the question, please PM me and I will modify the first post to replace the link.

Thanks

sanju
01-30-2008, 06:22 PM
I would like to share an observation.

Forum member mike232 always appear to vote against anything that is likely bring our issues to limelight. If you see the history of his vote, he will always vote against anything which could be useful for our issue. Here is my question to him -

MIKE232,

ARE YOU ANTI-EMPLOYMENT BASED GREEN CARD OR A DESI-BODYSHOP EMPLOYER? WHICH ONE?

inskrish
01-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Voted.

01-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Now it became # 28. Question on: Immigration

Everybody please go the URL http://dyn.politico.com/debate/democrats/VoteForQuestion.cfm
and vote for question number 20 .The question number is changing please look for the text below and the title "Immigration" before you vote
T

ps57002
01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
I see another question too on legal immigration...vote for that too..we need to bring forward legal immigration questions

Question on: Immigration
Illegal immigration has been a topic of heated debate and has received much needed attention during this election. In the midst of all the hype and bickering about ILLEGAL immigration, there is a group of people, often forgotten and ignored, who are caught up in a bureaucratic mess and yet are patiently waiting on the path to LEGAL immigration. This is a group of high skilled workers, most of whom have advanced degrees in medicine, engineering and science from Universities in the US. These people have obeyed all laws, worked hard, paid taxes and waited their turn, many for a decade, because of a system that is hopelessly broken and inefficient. I am one of these people and I have been in the US legally for 10 years and still years away from getting a green card. As the President of the United States how do you intend to address the problems faced by future Americans already living and working LEGALLY in the United States? Please note, this question is NOT about ILLEGAL immigration but about LEGAL immigration.

whitecollarslave
01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Here's another question -

"Illegal immigration has been a topic of heated debate and has received much needed attention during this election. In the midst of all the hype and bickering about ILLEGAL immigration, there is a group of people, often forgotten and ignored, who are caught up in a bureaucratic mess and yet are patiently waiting on the path to LEGAL immigration. This is a group of high skilled workers, most of whom have advanced degrees in medicine, engineering and science from Universities in the US. These people have obeyed all laws, worked hard, paid taxes and waited their turn, many for a decade, because of a system that is hopelessly broken and inefficient. I am one of these people and I have been in the US legally for 10 years and still years away from getting a green card. As the President of the United States how do you intend to address the problems faced by future Americans already living and working LEGALLY in the United States? Please note, this question is NOT about ILLEGAL immigration but about LEGAL immigration."

I voted for both. Please do the same.

http://dyn.politico.com/debate/democrats/VoteForQuestion.cfm#

grupak
01-30-2008, 06:35 PM
The two questions are very similarly worded... the original one is now Q35.

absaarkhan
01-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Just Voted It was Question Number 9

Circus123
01-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Just voted

catchupvijay
01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Done !

asanghi
01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I voted for both questions.

BTW Sen. McCain is now front runner in GOP for presidential candidate. Even though he backed out of immigration reform, I consider him our friend and also a person of integrity. I am glad to see him emerge as front runner. On the other hand Tom Tancredo figured nowhere, even when immigration was still hot issue. That should be enough for our friends in NumbersUSA & ALIPAC to see where they stand in terms of public support for their issues.

v2neha
01-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Looks like the question numbers are changing very frequently - when I voted they were questions 11 and 38. Please pay attention to text and not question numbers when voting

santb1975
01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
We should definately ask these kind of questions. The credit is not mine completely. Another IV member asked this question at a previous debate and educated me about submitting questions to the california debate. This question did not get picked up at the previous debate. Let's work to get the question picked up this time

I guess we should use chances like these to get our agenda heard by the people and the govt. There are going to be atleast 3 more presidential debates we should try to get this question asked atleast in a couple of them. We can modify the question to make it more broad, but still keep the focus on legal immigration problems by highlighting it.

PS: You have earned yourself some green ;) I mean rep points from me

amitjoey
01-30-2008, 07:10 PM
done voting
This is for the Democratic candidates debate....There is also a link for asking questions for Republican candidates. How do we post the question there?

whitecollarslave
01-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Here is another question. Its about leadership but uses immigration as an example.

"This is just one example of our political status quo: America's LEGAL immigration system is in dire need of a reform. Even though the members of Congress agree to that, they are not able to or not willing to bring about such a reform. Their hands are tied because of a certain powerful focus group who won't allow ANY immigration reform unless it encompasses a comprehensive reform of a well-known controversial issue. Innocent people always get hurt in a war. And in this conflict its the legal immigrants, who have not broken any laws, are the ones who are suffering the most. Senator Obama, as the President of the United States, what will you do, so that the voice of the people can be heard and their problems solved instead of selected powerful groups bullying the lawmakers?"

Please vote. We need have people talking about our problems. We need to bring awareness about the difference between legal and illegal immigration. The likes of Dobbs often confuse the two.

Send the letters and vote for these questions.
Thanks!

syzygy
01-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Done Voting

Here is another question. Its about leadership but uses immigration as an example.

"This is just one example of our political status quo: America's LEGAL immigration system is in dire need of a reform. Even though the members of Congress agree to that, they are not able to or not willing to bring about such a reform. Their hands are tied because of a certain powerful focus group who won't allow ANY immigration reform unless it encompasses a comprehensive reform of a well-known controversial issue. Innocent people always get hurt in a war. And in this conflict its the legal immigrants, who have not broken any laws, are the ones who are suffering the most. Senator Obama, as the President of the United States, what will you do, so that the voice of the people can be heard and their problems solved instead of selected powerful groups bullying the lawmakers?"

Please vote. We need have people talking about our problems. We need to bring awareness about the difference between legal and illegal immigration. The likes of Dobbs often confuse the two.

Send the letters and vote for these questions.
Thanks!

jthomas
01-30-2008, 07:27 PM
voted

maverick_joe
01-30-2008, 07:30 PM
done. its Q 30 now..does anyone know how many Qs woud be asked from out there? is it the top 10? top 5?

klpd
01-30-2008, 07:45 PM
it is question #35 now

Immi_Chant
01-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Done. Its question # 78 as on 4.37 PM PST.

Eternal_Hope
01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Q # 60 & 78

6:58 p.m. CST.

niklshah
01-30-2008, 08:54 PM
wow,

people are voting really good..i wish same response would have came for sending letter to washington and IV....

deba
01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Note: the question # keeps changing. Now it is #69, I wonder if it has something to do with the no of votes for each question.

neoklaus
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Just voted for both QQ.

Never realized that being a part of IV community not only business but a lot of fun!:)

Go IV!

mrdelhiite
01-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Did my bit
-M

hazishak
01-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Voted!!. Q104 and Q105 as of now.

santb1975
01-30-2008, 09:48 PM
We will get a lot of coverage if this actually gets asked

santb1975
01-30-2008, 09:49 PM
of the Most popular

whitecollarslave
01-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Keep the votes coming !!

Just click on Most Popular. The two questions are #25 and #32 @ 9:02 PM. Lets bring these to top 10.

Here are the questions again -

This question is NOT about Illegal immigration but Legal Immigration issues at the govt. level... What do you think of and plan to do about the broken naturalization process that is currently hurting nearly half million highly-skilled and taxpaying legal immigrants already working productively in the United States who find themselves trapped in a system that is taking years longer than intended. The greatest impact of the broken green card process is borne by the legal immigrants and their families. Some of the major grievances faced by the legal immigrants are that they are forced to be stuck with the same employer for years; their spouses not allowed to work, they have a very limited travel freedom and so on. With the current backlog in the system a highly skilled high-tech engineer could take up to 7-10 years to get a green card. Isn't that an unfair deal for a person who works so hard to fulfill his American dream? Again: This question is NOT about Illegal immigration but Legal Immigration issues at the govt. level...

Here is the link to vote -

asterix
01-30-2008, 09:58 PM
I am a LEGAL immigrant how has waited in the line for Green Card for 10 years. I've paid my taxes, social security, medicare and followed the law. Immigration bureaucracy and inefficiency at USCIS has meant more than 250K of Green Cards within legal limits have gone waste leading to a very long wait for legal immigrants.
Please tell me what I should do - Wait another 10 years? Go back to home country? or jump the fence?

Guys I added one more question, a little succinct. Please vote for this along with others hopefully one of these will be picked. Thanks

asterix
01-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Voted for all 3

santb1975
01-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Let us bring our questions up. Have your spouses vote as well

whitecollarslave
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
I am a LEGAL immigrant how has waited in the line for Green Card for 10 years. I've paid my taxes, social security, medicare and followed the law. Immigration bureaucracy and inefficiency at USCIS has meant more than 250K of Green Cards within legal limits have gone waste leading to a very long wait for legal immigrants.
Please tell me what I should do - Wait another 10 years? Go back to home country? or jump the fence?

Guys I added one more question, a little succinct. Please vote for this along with others hopefully one of these will be picked. Thanks

Voted for this one as well.

guchi472000
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
done

gcformeornot
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM
on both

kandhu
01-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Done!

nogc_noproblem
01-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Now it is 24 and 27

pathiren
01-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Still 24, 27

gzpain
01-30-2008, 11:54 PM
For the two questions

mayfleur
01-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Voted.
Please vote for all 3. The last one is #183 first 2 are in the 20's

gotgc?
01-31-2008, 12:45 AM
just voted..hope this makes it into the debate

whitecollarslave
01-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Of the top 22 most popular questions -

1 about Katrina
1 about Darfur
1 about EB immigration
19 about NASA

LetsFightForIT
01-31-2008, 01:46 AM
I just voted 9:56pm PST. question no is now 22 and 27

chetanjumani
01-31-2008, 02:00 AM
just voted

gcnirvana
01-31-2008, 02:05 AM
Same here. Good job OP on finding this.

I just voted 9:56pm PST. question no is now 22 and 27

pkv
01-31-2008, 02:27 AM
done!!

syzygy
01-31-2008, 03:56 AM
its at 20, lets move it to top 5!

done!!

cygent
01-31-2008, 04:41 AM
its at 20, lets move it to top 5!

FYI: You voted NO in this, could you change that?

syzygy
01-31-2008, 04:51 AM
I wish I knew how to change it. I did that by mistake.

FYI: You voted NO in this, could you change that?

garybanz
01-31-2008, 09:27 AM
I just voted, it's question 84 today at 7:40 am

santb1975
01-31-2008, 09:49 AM
^^^

ss_col
01-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know what qns # it is at present at or the heading it is under. I could not find either of them.

Thanks

Contributed $300, Sent flowers.

Eternal_Hope
01-31-2008, 10:16 AM
On the top choose the tab - "Most Popular", the questions are # 16 and 25 currently.

I have a feeling you can vote multiple times, close the browser and try voting again - I think it works.

-----------------------
Member Texas IV

Hi,

Does anyone know what qns # it is at present at or the heading it is under. I could not find either of them.

Thanks

Contributed $300, Sent flowers.

va_217
01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Just voted its Q. 16

nandakumar
01-31-2008, 10:41 AM
just voted, currently, the questions are 16 & 24 in the most popular tab.

H1B-GC
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Justed Voted!! Everybody please do it.

asharda
01-31-2008, 10:50 AM
now its showing as 15 and 23 under most popular.

md_alien
01-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Done

NKR
01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
I just voted.

Thanks

NKR
01-31-2008, 11:05 AM
BUMP..

Please guys, bring these questions to the top.

StukAtBEC
01-31-2008, 11:06 AM
14 and 23...

java06
01-31-2008, 11:06 AM
done

ss_col
01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Voted and forwarded to friends to vote. You cannot vote twice as someone had earlier suggested.

NKR
01-31-2008, 11:21 AM
^^^^

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 11:31 AM
The questions are at number 11 and 23 in the list. I have asked my wife to vote too. Will ask all my friends to vote.

Life2Live
01-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Under Most popular 10 and 23 looks more or less same so vote for both. Question number 38 on Democractic Candidate now.

sayonara
01-31-2008, 11:35 AM
no. 10 now..

rockstart
01-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Voted on all immigration questions posted

gzpain
01-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Done.

Libra
01-31-2008, 11:42 AM
also please send letters to WH and IV.

gotgc?
01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Click on MOST RECENT...then our questions are 10 & 21.....otherwise you need to browse through 100 th page....

maristella61
01-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the thread. I just voted ! Everyone else please do the same !

nissan_1
01-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Done

rck4evr
01-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Done and forwarded to all my friends.

widad2020
01-31-2008, 12:14 PM
done

techskill
01-31-2008, 12:33 PM
One can VOTE again By Deleting Cookies, Use Tools - Internet options - delete Browsing History - Delete All and Vote again.

I was thinking the same thing. If possible just try to get as many votes as possible.

I just voted now. Will be voting again and again and again so on...after sometime if possible.

abqguy
01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Hopefully, this question will be picked for the debate.

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Just got 3 more persons to vote. Will be spending next one hour asking friends to vote.

anjs
01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Done

anjs

akhilmahajan
01-31-2008, 01:08 PM
i have emailed it to the new england local chapter, so hopefully can get some more votes.

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Bump

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 01:28 PM
The questions are now number 6 and 18 under most popular list.

LetsFightForIT
01-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Hi all,
The questions are 6 and 18 today 9.42Am PST and guess wat i voted yesterday and today from the same computer. SO pls try and vote again today.

BEC_fog
01-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Just voted for both questions....they are no 6 and no 18 at this moment after sorting by most popular.

sammyb
01-31-2008, 01:59 PM
just curious to know what is the reason that 22 people till now didn't vote for the question ... what do you think could be the reason ...

NKR
01-31-2008, 02:01 PM
^^^^
I think a few hours is left to vote. so pls do now.

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 02:03 PM
The questions have moved to 5 and 16 now, under most popular.

pa_arora
01-31-2008, 02:06 PM
done and have told few of my mates here to do so...lets spam. people may not vote on this IV site but definitely there r more numbers than what we are showing on IV poll.

syzygy
01-31-2008, 02:18 PM
And I am sure Members of Staff of Presidential Candidates must be looking at top questions right now.

The questions have moved to 5 and 16 now, under most popular.

syzygy
01-31-2008, 02:22 PM
They might have voted by mistake. I did that mistake. So don't think too much in negative territory instead get as many hit as possible on poll site.

just curious to know what is the reason that 22 people till now didn't vote for the question ... what do you think could be the reason ...

hopefullegalimmigrant
01-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Just voted. The Q numbers are 5 and 13 at the moment. Sorting by Most popular works best.

Rajeev
Questions have moved to 4 and 13 now.

jfredr
I have forwarded link to 4 of my colleagues i myself voted like 4 or 5 times hope it is counted

she81
01-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Voted twice for both the questions and also urged half a dozen colleagues to do the same.

syzygy
01-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Please read and vote cautiously as another illegal immigration related clause is at number 5

Voted twice for both the questions and also urged half a dozen colleagues to do the same.

she81
01-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Please read and vote cautiously as another illegal immigration related clause is at number 5

Whoa, the question is up at number 3 now!

Thanks syzygy but I think I can discern that much.

pa_arora
01-31-2008, 03:02 PM
i had 25 of my friends voted for it and now its on number 3 and 11 respectively.

WOOOO HOOOO.

NKR
01-31-2008, 03:03 PM
We can make it the number 1 question. Vote Guys.

pa_arora
01-31-2008, 03:03 PM
i had 25 of my friends voted for it and now its on number 3 and 11 respectively.

WOOOO HOOOO.
running around to have more peoplr vote for it...

make it number 1 guys.

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Bump

thescadaman
01-31-2008, 03:24 PM
voted..

styrum
01-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Done. They are 3 and 9 now!

saikatmandal
01-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Please use the "Most Popular" tab to locate and vote for the question.

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 04:00 PM
They are still 3 and 9 under most popular.

abhijitp
01-31-2008, 04:10 PM
Just voted!

gzpain
01-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Guys, can any one who has login account in murthy forum post the same message and link? That would still attract more crowd.

Leo07
01-31-2008, 04:30 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^bump^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Leo07
01-31-2008, 04:49 PM
Bumppppppppppppppppppppppppppppdibumppppppppp

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Guys, can any one who has login account in murthy forum post the same message and link? That would still attract more crowd.

It is too late for Murthy.com. The poll will be closing shortly.

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Bump

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 05:27 PM

Excellent job sant1975

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 05:47 PM
Bump

vagopinaath
01-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Voted now.

Rajeev
01-31-2008, 06:02 PM
The questions are at numbers 3 and 8 at this moment, under most popular.

s_dhakhwa@hotmail.com
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Just voted on both.

yetanotherguyinline
01-31-2008, 06:23 PM
I remote desktopped into multiple machines I had access to and cast votes (I assume would count as multiple votes). I recommend everyone try this.

485Mbe4001
01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
voted multiple times...

I hope hope they dont launch into a spiel about H1 B when the question is about GCs. It will also show their awareness about the actual issue.

Miya Maqbool
01-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Just voted ^^^^^^^

royalk2c2
01-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Just voted and also have few of my friends voted too !!!!

Nagireddi
01-31-2008, 07:24 PM
I have just voted.

royalk2c2
01-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Also if you have multiple browsers (IE, Firefox), you can vote from each of them once :D

santb1975
01-31-2008, 07:34 PM
for voting and keeping this question under # 10 of the most popular questions. Please remember to send similar questions to the Presidential Debate's. I will send one in too

santb1975
01-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Keep this question under Top # 5

Immi_Chant
01-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Hope to see its as the Most Popular Question # 1 and #2 !!!! (though it will be bit over estimate).:)

sheela
01-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Just voted. Q is currently at #71

pa_arora
01-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Also if you have multiple browsers (IE, Firefox), you can vote from each of them once :D
Doesn't work for me. I have Opera and IE. Thats the first thing I tried this morning when I voted...but anyways we have put-in enought efforts to have 2 questions in first 10.

Had atleast 40 votes on this.

arc
01-31-2008, 08:38 PM
BUT Man Nasa people has a lot of questions...

cygent
01-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey Guys,

I don't know why they are saying it is is TOP 10, remember it is not just the heading "Immigration" we are voting for!!! Please do not make that mistake, you cannot take back your vote!!

The 1st Immigration question is for illegals at #4, looks like everybody thought wrong & voted for that!!

OUR QUESTION IS BURIED IN THE NEXT FEW PAGES, LIKE SOMEONE POINTED OUT #71 & #180 OR SO!! Guys do not mislead!!

gceverywhere
01-31-2008, 08:46 PM
thanks for leading this effort

santb1975
01-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Keep voting folks. Dont let the question slide down

virald
01-31-2008, 09:10 PM
this particular question has not been selected. If you go to politico.com and select the live, it bring up a pop-up which has questions to choose from, this question has not shown up there.
BTW i voted five times (different machines)

rameshk75
01-31-2008, 10:00 PM
:)

this particular question has not been selected. If you go to politico.com and select the live, it bring up a pop-up which has questions to choose from, this question has not shown up there.
BTW i voted five times (different machines)

santb1975
01-31-2008, 11:29 PM
However I asked the same question again on hillaryclinton.com for the voice across america townhall

lskreddy
01-31-2008, 11:48 PM
You know, there are often times we all get upset that some stupid questions make it to the list, republican debate was one such yesterday, today's democratic one looked better. I hated that they did not ask our question inspite of it being the 2nd popular one but I personally think the question was too damn narrow for them to care.

For us, it may seem the world but for them it is just a technicality/one of the several points of CIR. Both Clinton and Obama seem to always chime in and act all gung-ho about legal immigration coming first.

Whenever they are asked about any frig'n immigration question, they throw the buzz word 'comprehensive immigration reform' and that folks, covers the entire gamut. The worst part is, on this issue the entire front runners look the same, well, almost. Mitt R is against but John, Hillary and Barack all seem to sing the same koom-ba-yaa song about CIR.

gcformeornot
01-31-2008, 11:56 PM
entire debate, except for may be one statement for legal immegrants there was no mention of questions we so passionately voted for. I think its mostly a lost battle.... for us. Unless we unite and stand strongly.......

monkeyman
01-31-2008, 11:56 PM
I do not believe that fixing the immigration issue is high on the presidential agenda - especially since the effort is to tie the illegal immigration with legal immigration package!!! We've spent all the money and time in doing the right thing and unfortunately, it looks like we'll be spending more money and make USCIS and Immigration lawyers' bank account fatter!!!

However, the take away from the debate is Obama seems to realize that immigration isn't responsible for all econonomic doldrums - atleast they realize that!!! And there are many legal immigrants who ended up being illegal for things out their control and lack of funds!!! In a way its good, but the bad news is legal immigrants have a long long way to go - and there is no telling when the tide will turn against us!!!

And in this slow economy, its hard to maintain the EAD status - given the dreaded USCIS policies on job changes!!!

gjoe
02-01-2008, 07:52 AM
However I asked the same question again on hillaryclinton.com for the voice across america townhall

I think we should ask them something like "When it takes 7-10 yrs for a legal immigrant to get his green card, what would be your estimate for illegal immigrants to get their green card / citizenship when they are sent to the back of the line as per your plan? Don't you think that there are more serious issues with the immigration dept (USCIS) which is one of the causes for long waits legal immigrants face? If so do you have any plans of taking a first step to fix the agency (USCIS) problems before implementing CIR, which could break the agency because of the additional 13 million application from illegal immigrants?"

gc_eb2_waiter
02-01-2008, 09:36 AM
My 2 cents..

I voted for both questions. What I believe is, next time we can rephrase the qeustion as gjoe mentioned earlier.

If some one can find a debate questions bit earlier and let all of us know, then we can make rephrased question to the top of the list.

arc
02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
We have to keep doing this... Senetor Obama mentioned 1 line about fixing Legal Immigration process, also both Senators mentioned that ILegal Immigrants will be last in the line of the process so that is a huge progress for us... These candidates have an army of people working for them, they do a lot of research go to forums, go to debate websites to see what are the pain-points, if we can get our questions in top 10 in every debate now on then Legal immigration will be in the spot light, that is half the battle won... regardless who is chosen by voters they will all have legal immigration on their agenda. Good job guys! Keep posting the questions we will make this issue popular!

syzygy
02-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I agree. Atleast word "Legal" was spoken. I am confident Democrats are well aware and once they come in power they are gonna clear all mess. These all artificial backlogs could not have been created until asked for by some one with political clout. USCIS is just a puppet. Our cause of problem lies somewhere else.

I hope Republicans don't come to power again.

We have to keep doing this... Senetor Obama mentioned 1 line about fixing Legal Immigration process, also both Senators mentioned that ILegal Immigrants will be last in the line of the process so that is a huge progress for us... These candidates have an army of people working for them, they do a lot of research go to forums, go to debate websites to see what are the pain-points, if we can get our questions in top 10 in every debate now on then Legal immigration will be in the spot light, that is half the battle won... regardless who is chosen by voters they will all have legal immigration on their agenda. Good job guys! Keep posting the questions we will make this issue popular!

arc
02-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes I agree with you legal immigration is not only EB category, but EB+spouse+child category is the largest when we say Legal Immigration, plus questions are posed by Engineers & Doctors and that automatically tells the person who is reading that it is about EB category. But you are welcome to form your questions and post and we will make sure that that becomes popular. If you see the situation from where I am standing the glass is half full my friend!

Hope things are going well with you, your research and wisdom is always appriciated.

----------

Employment based immigration is a very small part of legal immigration.

Here is a break down of legal immigration #s for 2006 according to Yearbook of Immigration Statistics, published by Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Office of Immigration Statistics (OIS) (available at Spotlight on Legal Immigration to the United States (http://www.migrationinformation.org/USfocus/display.cfm?id=651) By Gretchen Reinemeyer and Jeanne Batalova | Migration Policy Institute, November 2007).

1,266,264 immigrants were granted legal residence in 2006.

159,081 immigrants who received green cards through sponsorship from their US employers accounted for 12.6% of all legal permanent residents.

However, 87,702 (or 55.1%) of the employment-sponsored immigrants were spouses and children of principal applicants.

The share of employment-preference immigrants has varied between 3.3 percent (59,525) in 1991 and 22 percent (246,878) in 2005.

The other categories are family preference (802,712), refugee + asylee (216,454), Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 + parolees (43,546) and Diversity Lottery (44,471).

Employment based immigration is legal. However, it may help to add legal to the title.

Employment based immigration is skilled. I think employment based immigration includes cooks, priests, .... They consider themselves to be skilled just like everyone else!

If you just ask for improving legal immigration, they will improve family based or asylum.

As some persons learnt yesterday, legal immigration has very low priority as compared to undocumented. Similarly, employment based immigration has no priority in legal immigration!

santb1975
02-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I am planning on sending some question so the Hillary Clinton Townhall. I will check in with the experts before I send them in

Employment based immigration is a very small part of legal immigration.

Here is a break down of legal immigration #s for 2006 according to Yearbook of Immigration Statistics, published by Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Office of Immigration Statistics (OIS) (available at Spotlight on Legal Immigration to the United States (http://www.migrationinformation.org/USfocus/display.cfm?id=651) By Gretchen Reinemeyer and Jeanne Batalova | Migration Policy Institute, November 2007).

1,266,264 immigrants were granted legal residence in 2006.

159,081 immigrants who received green cards through sponsorship from their US employers accounted for 12.6% of all legal permanent residents.

However, 87,702 (or 55.1%) of the employment-sponsored immigrants were spouses and children of principal applicants.

The share of employment-preference immigrants has varied between 3.3 percent (59,525) in 1991 and 22 percent (246,878) in 2005.

The other categories are family preference (802,712), refugee + asylee (216,454), Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 + parolees (43,546) and Diversity Lottery (44,471).

Employment based immigration is legal. However, it may help to add legal to the title.

Employment based immigration is skilled. I think employment based immigration includes cooks, priests, .... They consider themselves to be skilled just like everyone else!

If you just ask for improving legal immigration, they will improve family based or asylum.

As some persons learnt yesterday, legal immigration has very low priority as compared to undocumented. Similarly, employment based immigration has no priority in legal immigration!

santb1975
02-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Obama made a statement last night we should fix the Borken Legal Immigration System. I thought he knew about it. Thanks for the Ideas. I am going to ask a question about the yearly cap of 140K for EB Green cards

Clinton, Romney & McCain know about EB GC problems; they may not know some low level details. I don't know about Obama.

The questions are very very simple.

What do you plan to do about administrative delays (like labor, namecheck, ...)?

This can be done by the Prez alone!
What do you plan to do about the yearly cRap of 140K?

There is no cRap on F1. There is no cRap on persons hired. Why should there be a cRap on GC?

I-485 approval should mean GC!

This needs congressional legislation!
If retrogression drags then H-1B rules (like pay stubs etc) should not be applicable!

This MAY need congressional legislation!

RaviG
02-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Aren't these pretty complex questions for them.

Why can't we ask a simple question like this?
1. Given the green card woes lot of US eductated scientists and technical talent are leaving US for their home country. This is helping the home country and increasing outsourcing market. What are you going to do about it? Are you going to do any thing to keep them here?

Should I ask this question? Any inputs.

santb1975
02-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I do think a lot of times that Hillary has a better handle of issues and she is very articulate. Billary (yes Billary) concerns me. I think it is going to be tough to be just Hillary and not Billary.She had a good answer for it last night but it is hard beleive there will be no Billary. I visit hillaryclinton.com more than barackobama.com :)

Obama definately is not as articulate as Hillary. However like many I want to see a completely new face as the democratic candidate. I knew Clinton's from when I was like 10 years old. They had their opportunity already and we have already tasted their approach. I am one of those people who is looking for a complete change. No clinton's, No Bush's, No Kennedy's. I am looking for young politicians to emerge through out the world.

Let's see how Super Tuesday turns out.

That is a cliche. Everyone says it without knowing the details.

Obama has very poor understanding of issues. He has no idea how to solve most of the problems.

Lot of persons (like you :)) like him!

Billary (oops! Hillary) knows everything. She takes some cheap shots which she does't have to!

santb1975
02-01-2008, 06:27 PM
it seems like a good question to ask

Aren't these pretty complex questions for them.

Why can't we ask a simple question like this?
1. Given the green card woes lot of US eductated scientists and technical talent are leaving US for their home country. This is helping the home country and increasing outsourcing market. What are you going to do about it? Are you going to do any thing to keep them here?

Should I ask this question? Any inputs.

RaviG
02-01-2008, 06:35 PM
it seems like a good question to ask

They are closed for the new questions. Can some one edit their question to include this part. This questions shows why fixing GC is important for americans and american competetiveness.

arc
02-02-2008, 01:58 AM
It seems Obama is gonna win!!! Then what IVans will have to educate him abt the Legal immigration...

Lets njoy superbowl before super tuesday :p :D :cool: