PDA

View Full Version : travelling on AP via london (LHR airport)

atlgc
11-06-2010, 11:32 AM
hello

travelling on AP for the first time via london ,any one know that i need transit visa

any experiences are appreciated

Please advise

thanks

sparklinks
11-06-2010, 12:02 PM
yes, you need transit visa if you want to use AP.

DSLStart
11-06-2010, 01:00 PM
If you have a valid US visa stamped in your passport you won't need transit visa.

hello

travelling on AP for the first time via london ,any one know that i need transit visa

Please advise

thanks

atlgc
11-08-2010, 11:32 AM
thanks

rockrocky
11-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Why would one travel on AP if they have valid US Visa? Right? ;-)
If you have a valid US visa stamped in your passport you won't need transit visa.

Originally Posted by atlgc
hello

Please advise

thanks

Why would you travel using AP (initial quers

sury
11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
I am travelling this month to India via AbuDhabi with AP. You on't need transit visa for dubai or Abu Dhabi.

merlion
11-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Yes, if you don't have a stamped visa in yr passport then you a Transit visa is reqd if flying via LHR or Paris. Not reqd if flying via Amsterdam or Frankfurt. I can't understand why they'd care on our way to India...

kprgroup
12-06-2010, 01:25 PM
My wife traveled with AP & expired visa thru Frankfurt(Lufthansa) on 29th Nov '10. No transit visa.

bigboy007
12-06-2010, 02:06 PM
My wife traveled with AP & expired visa thru Frankfurt(Lufthansa) on 29th Nov '10. No transit visa.
to answer the question LHR Yes. Some of others like frankfurt, abu dabi would not require. Getting transit visa for UK takes lot of time and hectic process.

satyasaich
12-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Friends

I applied for AP for myself and spouse online on Oct 1st. Got LIN #s and sent the needed documents via mail. Soft LUDs on Oct 4 and 6th. Last week online status was updated that an RFE was sent, but i haven't recieved any thing so far.

But i need to travel to india ( another pain point is already bought the tickets via London) on 16th, Dec. There is a genuine medical situation at my home in india and trying to travel even earlier if possible.

How to request / expedite AP?
Please suggest me. I have an infopass appointment in St.louis for tomorrow

Hello_Hello
12-06-2010, 03:59 PM
You can take Infopass. Also keep in mind you cannot travel thru any UK airport on AP without a transit Visa. They just don't get AP.

Friends

I applied for AP for myself and spouse online on Oct 1st. Got LIN #s and sent the needed documents via mail. Soft LUDs on Oct 4 and 6th. Last week online status was updated that an RFE was sent, but i haven't recieved any thing so far.

But i need to travel to india ( another pain point is already bought the tickets via London) on 16th, Dec. There is a genuine medical situation at my home in india and trying to travel even earlier if possible.

How to request / expedite AP?
Please suggest me. I have an infopass appointment in St.louis for tomorrow

Hello_Hello
12-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Transit visa is a scam started by UK

enthu
06-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi, I am travelling to India via London and returning using AP. Do I need transit visa?

Two years ago my parents traveled via London using US visitor visa and they didn't have to apply for transit visa.

Any advise please?
thanks.

getgreened2010
06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
You need transit visa if you are on Advance parole. If you are on H1B then you are ok.

enthu
06-06-2011, 10:05 PM
thank you. I will apply for transit visa right away. 2 concerns though, hope I will get it in 2 weeks time, before my travel date. second is, I hope I get it while my AP is still pending.

GCVivek
06-07-2011, 05:18 PM
You can travel to India (home country) on AP through London. However, to come back through most of Europe (including UK), you MUST have a VALID US Visa or post-1997 Green Card. AP is NOT valid for transit thru London.

The reason your parents could do it was because they had valid US Visas. If you are coming back with your parents, they will let your parents board the plane in India but will not let you. There are no exceptions.

You can try France or a few other countries but not UK. The best is to take the Asian route. Or if travelling from the East coast....take the direct flight to India.

Hi, I am travelling to India via London and returning using AP. Do I need transit visa?

Two years ago my parents traveled via London using US visitor visa and they didn't have to apply for transit visa.

Any advise please?
thanks.

enthu
06-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi, I don't think its true, as long as you have transit visa, you should be able to travel using AP via London.

airbusfan
06-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Hi, I don't think its true, as long as you have transit visa, you should be able to travel using AP via London.

I know I'm gonna be flamed for this, but I think this needs to be said.

No offense to OP or anyone else here, but its quite frustrating to read the exact same threads over and over again about travel issues, especially people asking if someone checks the AP or not. The rules are in the UK website, here Visa and Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV) nationals (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/visadatvnationals) . Why do people want to be spoonfed on their particular situation?? A simple google search really answers most of these questions. Better yet, go to the particular country's website and check if you need a transit visa or not. Honestly, if you have AP, you obviously have lived in US for a very long time and supposedly are "high-skilled" and hence educated, should be able to mine this kind of information by themselves.

Maybe there needs to be a FAQ section like in many finance and travel forums and mods can pay a little more attention as to what threads are actually started. These kinds of stupid threads really distract from someone's more important problems. These threads really bury them.

[rant over]

enthu
06-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Hi, thanks for the tip, I used same website to apply online (via google) and went through all possible FAQs, couldn't find time lines.. I tried this time again as you suggested and looks like I can hope for 10 to 15 days.

I will try my luck, will send out supporting documents this weekend.

I have other important things to get stressed about, not about the comments in this thread. be cool. no comments.

thanks again.

airbusfan
06-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi, thanks for the tip, I used same website to apply online (via google) and went through all possible FAQs, couldn't find time lines.. I tried this time again as you suggested and looks like I can hope for 10 to 15 days.

I will try my luck, will send out supporting documents this weekend.

I have other important things to get stressed about, not about the comments in this thread. be cool. no comments.

thanks again.

For other's reference

Guide to visa processing times (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes)

Hope people know , they need to select the post where you are applying.

Good luck and safe travels!!

PS, if you don't worry about comments on the thread then how would you know the answers ??

enthu
06-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi, I sent out my passport and possible documents to British consulate in NY after biometrics. Mean while, I hear several concerning things, like British Consulate would not give transit visa for people with AP. I am hoping that its not true. Mean while, can some let me know if you have had this experience, "got transit visa from British Consulate when u had AP, NOT H1 or H4". That will really be helpful.

If you had transit visa while AP is still pending from USCIS - please let me know if any of you had experienced this situation. I am trying to find my odds. thank you very much for your responses.

usr2004
07-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Hello,
Subject: I-485 pending - AP Travel
Do we need to hand over all I-94 stubs which are printed on H1B/H4 extensions with original I-94 at Airport?