PDA

View Full Version : Infopass for FP

apahilaj
01-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Guys,

I have an infopass setup for tommorow at Newark, NJ for not receiving fingerprinting notices yet.

1. Has any one been to Newark, NJ office for infopass appointments? How are the officers like at the office? Helpful, useless, etc? Just trying to get a general idea.

2. Is there any parking facility available around that area?

Thanks for your response.

BTW, please don't forget to write the letters to President and IV if you haven't done so. Let's rasie our voice in unity!

MightyIndian
01-28-2008, 01:08 PM
I tried infopass in december. The IO said that he has no jusrisdiction over making a decision on FP notice. All he could do was to send an e-mail to the service center. Subsequent to my infopass, there were three soft LUDs and I was excited hoping that they would be for FP. But no sight of FP notice so far.

At the sametime, the same ASC allowed a couple of people to take FP walking in with an infopass appointment.:confused:

dingudi
01-29-2008, 03:55 PM
apahilaj,

What happened at your Infopass appointment? Did they schedule one for you during the Infopass appointment.

Do let me know your experience at the appoinment regarding FP notice

dingudi
01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Apahilaj,

Any news regarding your FP notice?

apahilaj
01-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Apahilaj,

Any news regarding your FP notice?

It was a waste of time for me...All she said was that my name check is pending and hence no FP. She said that FP expires in 15 months so it does not make sense to send FP if name check has not been cleared...

Bottom line was I was asked to wait till my name check is cleared.

dingudi
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
It was a waste of time for me...All she said was that my name check is pending and hence no FP. She said that FP expires in 15 months so it does not make sense to send FP if name check has not been cleared...

Bottom line was I was asked to wait till my name check is cleared.

So why didn;t you tell them that there are so many people who have their namecheck pending but still received their FP notices.This is ridiculous.

I still have not made any Infopass appointment yet as my lawyer suggested to wait out the FP notice.

apahilaj
01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
So why didn;t you tell them that there are so many people who have their namecheck pending but still received their FP notices.This is ridiculous.

I still have not made any Infopass appointment yet as my lawyer suggested to wait out the FP notice.

Even better, she said that my wife's name check has cleared. So I asked her as to why she hasn't received her FP then. She replied that since she's dependent on me, both the FP notices will be sent together.

In short, she didn't know what she was talking about!

I had also asked her if name check and FP were interrelated. In response to that she mumbled some words which went like name check has to be cleared first. I was cursing myself at that time thinking why did I waste my work morning for this sh**

leoindiano
02-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Took Infopass, went to local USCIS, they scheduled appointment same day with fingerprints office. Had to run back home and get wife and run to fingerprints office. they took about 30 minutes to complete it. I am relieved this thing is over.

dingudi
02-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Took Infopass, went to local USCIS, they scheduled appointment same day with fingerprints office. Had to run back home and get wife and run to fingerprints office. they took about 30 minutes to complete it. I am relieved this thing is over.

leoindiano,

What option did you select when taking the infopass appointment. They ask you a list of reasons. Can you also provide some details about your appointment like conversation with IO. Also if you had opened an SR , did you mention that during your appointment.

leoindiano
02-22-2008, 01:35 PM
infopass, enquiry about existing case, that is what i did.

I did not mention about my SR requests. I just told the lady, i did not receive FP even after 6 months. She said you are 2 months away coz there is huge backlog. Later she asked me to take a seat and then called local office to find out if they can take me that day and scheduled. She didnt give me any letter just gave me a directions printout to go to other office. Fortunately, by the time we reached the other office, they had these letters printed out for me and wife.

kannan
02-22-2008, 03:11 PM

I did not mention about my SR requests. I just told the lady, i did not receive FP even after 6 months. She said you are 2 months away coz there is huge backlog. Later she asked me to take a seat and then called local office to find out if they can take me that day and scheduled. She didnt give me any letter just gave me a directions printout to go to other office. Fortunately, by the time we reached the other office, they had these letters printed out for me and wife.

Do they give the dates when we fill up the online appointment? Are there any option in selecting the dates?

apahilaj
02-22-2008, 03:25 PM

Good for you..My infopass appointment was useless.

Anyways, could you let me know what is your 485 notice date? I am assuming your service center is Texas. Thanks.

leoindiano
02-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Service center is TX. App went thru TX-VERMONT-TX cycle.

Application date is Aug. 3rd 2007

Yes, they will give you dates to choose. simple and easy.

dingudi
02-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Good for you..My infopass appointment was useless.

Anyways, could you let me know what is your 485 notice date? I am assuming your service center is Texas. Thanks.

Apahilaj,

If u want , u can try another nearest local ASC other than the one u went to. Maybe they will help and schedule u in similar way like leoindiano. Just an idea.

apahilaj
02-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Apahilaj,

If u want , u can try another nearest local ASC other than the one u went to. Maybe they will help and schedule u in similar way like leoindiano. Just an idea.

Thanks dingudi...

I don't think they will just allow me without any fp notice. Anyways, I called up again this morning and the IO told me that she will schedule FP notice and I should hear from them within 90 days...

Not sure what's taking them so long to generate a FP notice...

Anyways good luck with your infopass if you are planning to take one.

dingudi
02-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks dingudi...

I don't think they will just allow me without any fp notice. Anyways, I called up again this morning and the IO told me that she will schedule FP notice and I should hear from them within 90 days...

Not sure what's taking them so long to generate a FP notice...

Anyways good luck with your infopass if you are planning to take one.

Apahilaj,

I meant taking Infopass at another location. I am not sure if the system allows you to do that. But if it does you can give it a try.

apahilaj
02-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Apahilaj,

I meant taking Infopass at another location. I am not sure if the system allows you to do that. But if it does you can give it a try.

I don't think you can select a location for infopass. It's based on your residence.

dingudi
02-28-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't think you can select a location for infopass. It's based on your residence.

Apahilaj,

Just to give an update . Today I received my spouse's FP notice. But I did not receive mine. I am still waiting for mine. Interestingly, my spouse had opened an SR almost a month after I had opened one but surprisingly hers FP notice came first. I had taken an Infopass appointment for next week for both of us for FP. But now wondering whether I should bother to go for Infopass OR should I just accompany my spouse on her appointment day.

Any comments by any other members would also help.

apahilaj
02-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Apahilaj,

Just to give an update . Today I received my spouse's FP notice. But I did not receive mine. I am still waiting for mine. Interestingly, my spouse had opened an SR almost a month after I had opened one but surprisingly hers FP notice came first. I had taken an Infopass appointment for next week for both of us for FP. But now wondering whether I should bother to go for Infopass OR should I just accompany my spouse on her appointment day.

Any comments by any other members would also help.

Personally, taking infopass won't cause any harm (if it can not help either). May be you can go for your own case only then.

byragani
02-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Can someone advise what options to check to get infoass appointment for FP?

dingudi
03-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Today I had an Infopass appointment for not receiving FP, in Boston. It was a waste of time. The IO looked at my case and mentioned that because my name check is pending and that is the reason for the delay for FP. I asked him specifically is it only when the NC clears is when they will issue the FP and he said yes. At this point I really do not know what to do. I had some hope reading someone else's post that he went to Boston office and was able to schedule his FP using Infopass. But I believe his NC would have been cleared.

Apahilaj, looks like it is the local office discretion to issue FP notice and maybe some offices go by the assumption that if your NC is pending then no point in issuing FP. Some do not and so that is the reason some people still get FP notice even though their NC is pending.

mhtanim
03-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Today I had an Infopass appointment for not receiving FP, in Boston. It was a waste of time. The IO looked at my case and mentioned that because my name check is pending and that is the reason for the delay for FP. I asked him specifically is it only when the NC clears is when they will issue the FP and he said yes. At this point I really do not know what to do. I had some hope reading someone else's post that he went to Boston office and was able to schedule his FP using Infopass. But I believe his NC would have been cleared.

Apahilaj, looks like it is the local office discretion to issue FP notice and maybe some offices go by the assumption that if your NC is pending then no point in issuing FP. Some do not and so that is the reason some people still get FP notice even though their NC is pending.

My law firm (one of the biggest immigration law firms) has been telling me to wait and not even worry about FP as my PD is not even close to be current. I guess we should just wait and see what happens.

apahilaj
03-04-2008, 02:57 PM
My law firm (one of the biggest immigration law firms) has been telling me to wait and not even worry about FP as my PD is not even close to be current. I guess we should just wait and see what happens.

Sorry to hear about it dingudi..I had the same exact response at my infopass.

the only thing that concerns me about not receiving the FP yet is the EAD renewals ...Say if I apply for paper based EAD renewal, will they reject my renewal based on missing FP? And there's always this thought that goes in the back of your mind, will I miss the appointment if I am out of country for a long period of time...

dingudi
04-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Today I had my infopass to find out why I did not receive FP yet. I was hoping that I dont get the same IO I got last time. So with luck I got another IO but this IO was an asian and he had heavy accent. Anyway I told him the problem and he asked me that you changed address recently. I told him no and was wondering why he is asking that. But later I realized that I had given him my license and it had my old address. Then he spoke out the address and I verified that it was correct. I told him my correct address is on back of the license.

The IO scanned my 485 receipt and told me that FP had already been scheduled in september 2007 . I told him well I have not received anything yet. I also said that I had called national number and they had told me that it depends on local ASC availability. He then told me that he will ask his senior what and whispered something to his senior , another IO sitting next to him. Again luckily it was not the same as last time. She said something to him and he got back to me telling me that "we do not know what to do. Its upto them (them , I guess he meant TSC) to schedule you." and he kept quite for sometime. Again the same IO sitting next to him whispered something to him and he then said let me see if I can schedule you. He entered my name/address from my license and told me that I have scheduled you. I asked him date/time and very reluctantly and irritated he gave me the date/time and looked like he was tired of answering my questions. I asked him when can i receive the notice he just rudely said I do not know and you will get it in mail.

At that point I just left. So finally I was able to schedule my FP but still hoping that he entered correct address for me. Lets see.

Apahilaj, my advice to you try to second infopass, Each IO have a very different way of looking at the application.

GIC
04-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Dingudi,
I am surprised that you had to go through so much. It was easy for me though... I talked to an IO in Boston and he had no problem setting up an appt for my wife and me. Well, the only thing predictable about anything concerned with USCIS is its unpredictability...

dingudi
04-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Dingudi,
I am surprised that you had to go through so much. It was easy for me though... I talked to an IO in Boston and he had no problem setting up an appt for my wife and me. Well, the only thing predictable about anything concerned with USCIS is its unpredictability...

So did the Boston office print out FP notice and gave it to you immediately OR did they mail it. And how long did it take for you to receive in the mail.

Thanks . Will appreciate your response.

GIC
04-01-2008, 05:16 PM
So did the Boston office print out FP notice and gave it to you immediately OR did they mail it. And how long did it take for you to receive in the mail.

Thanks . Will appreciate your response.

Recieved by mail. Took about a week.

shankar_thanu
04-01-2008, 05:17 PM
I had the same issue, I applied in July, got the EAD, AP without delays, but didnt get FP notices. This was exact same scenario with a co-worker and his wife. Our lawyer had sent all our applications (4 in total) in the same package. After 2 Service requests, we finally got an infopass and went to get more info..

After some initial confusion, we were given an explanation saying, we all had attached a picture along with the EAD application, and that somehow screwed up the workflow in CIS. They used the pictures and issued EADs and if we hadn't attached the pictures, they would have called for FP, taken the picture at that time and issued EAD. Honestly I thought it was a load of crap, but my colleague went the next day with his wife, they gave the same explanation.

Anyway, we got an appointment for FP, they can definitely issue appointments for FP when you go with an infopass.

This was in the Washington,DC office in Fairfax.

apahilaj
04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I had called them up and the officer told me that she would schedule it again. She wasn't able to give me the exact date/time of the appointment but said that it could take between 2 weeks and 2 months.

Should I still take an infopass? It's just extremely annoying when you have to take time out of work and get crap out of it!!!

Any other suggestion besides taking infopass? Thanks again

dingudi
04-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I had called them up and the officer told me that she would schedule it again. She wasn't able to give me the exact date/time of the appointment but said that it could take between 2 weeks and 2 months.

Should I still take an infopass? It's just extremely annoying when you have to take time out of work and get crap out of it!!!

Any other suggestion besides taking infopass? Thanks again

Apahilaj,

One of the IO at TSC says the same thing that she told you, that she has scheduled you. What that really means is that she initiated the request to schedule. But I do not think she can actually schedule you. The initiation of request to schedule is done anyways when they enter your application in the system at the time of generating your 485 receipt. This I know from speaking so many times to the IOs and also today when I went , the IO said the same thing. But all that means is that they order for you to be scheduled but the actual scheduling is done in some "blackhole"

I would really recommend you take Infopass and see if you can try to talk to a different IO than who you got last time. I was praying that I do not get the same IO and I was lucky enough that I missed him by just one person.

apahilaj
04-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Apahilaj,

One of the IO at TSC says the same thing that she told you, that she has scheduled you. What that really means is that she initiated the request to schedule. But I do not think she can actually schedule you. The initiation of request to schedule is done anyways when they enter your application in the system at the time of generating your 485 receipt. This I know from speaking so many times to the IOs and also today when I went , the IO said the same thing. But all that means is that they order for you to be scheduled but the actual scheduling is done in some "blackhole"

I would really recommend you take Infopass and see if you can try to talk to a different IO than who you got last time. I was praying that I do not get the same IO and I was lucky enough that I missed him by just one person.

Dingudi,

Finally today I received biometrics appointment for 4/11 for my self and my spouse. Took exactly 7 months to receive the notices.

It feels as if I've received my green card, given the delay...

Anyways, just wanted to update you guys.

dingudi
04-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Dingudi,

Finally today I received biometrics appointment for 4/11 for my self and my spouse. Took exactly 7 months to receive the notices.

It feels as if I've received my green card, given the delay...

Anyways, just wanted to update you guys.

Congratulations. Looks like your last call to them worked. And now you dont have to waste time behind Infopass appt. Just taking Infopass appt has cost me around 25-30 dollars because of parking issues in Boston during week days.

sai948
04-06-2008, 12:01 AM
I also did not get my FP (TSC). Put 2 SR & info pass, but of no use. After 2 SR they told me to wait for another 6 months. No idea what to do?

dingudi
04-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Recieved by mail. Took about a week.

Hey GIC,

I believe you took Infopass in Boston to get FP notice correct?

I received my FP notice today but the service center listed on that is "ESC" instead of "TSC". The mail also came from vermont service center instead of TSC. But my case is being processed at TSC. Is it because the Boston office scheduled it so it came from vermont and has ESC written on it.

What was your service center field on your FP notice?

Thanks.

sai948
04-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Hey GIC,

I believe you took Infopass in Boston to get FP notice correct?

I received my FP notice today but the service center listed on that is "ESC" instead of "TSC". The mail also came from vermont service center instead of TSC. But my case is being processed at TSC. Is it because the Boston office scheduled it so it came from vermont and has ESC written on it.

What was your service center field on your FP notice?

Thanks.

Congrats.. Hope I would get it by next week

dingudi
04-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Congrats.. Hope I would get it by next week

sai,

I did not get it like that but had to make two Infopass appointments , 1 SR, and n number of calls to 2nd level IO. None of these methods worked except for the 2nd Infopass appointment. Even the first Infopass was useless. So If you are waiting for SR to help you , I would not rely on it completely.

sai948
04-06-2008, 03:33 PM
sai,

I did not get it like that but had to make two Infopass appointments , 1 SR, and n number of calls to 2nd level IO. None of these methods worked except for the 2nd Infopass appointment. Even the first Infopass was useless. So If you are waiting for SR to help you , I would not rely on it completely.

I am also planning to take my 2nd info pass appointment. Let see..

dagabaaj
04-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I have been trying to get an Infopass appointment for EAD related query in Charlotte, NC and have been unable to do so for the past few weeks. Anybody know what other options are. My wife's EAD has been filed and it has been over 100 days. We opened one SR and no response on that as of yet.

dagabaaj
04-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Bump

dingudi
04-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Bump

I am not sure I understand your question. Why are you having problem taking an Infopass appointment. Its a simple process to schedule an Infopass online. You just take an Infopass and then show up to local office on that day.

gcformeornot
04-07-2008, 08:24 AM
tell me what are sequence of numbers to use after calling USCIS 800 number to open SR.

TIA.

dagabaaj
04-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I am not sure I understand your question. Why are you having problem taking an Infopass appointment. Its a simple process to schedule an Infopass online. You just take an Infopass and then show up to local office on that day.
I step through the online process and the end message has so far been no appointments available. This has been happening for weeks now.

dagabaaj
04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
I step through the online process and the end message has so far been no appointments available. This has been happening for weeks now.
say I get an appoint for a field office in VA is that valid for infopass??

yvsatyaprasad
04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi-
Can someone tell what options you selected to get a infopass for FP? This is what i did and my case is in the TSC.
1. I entered my zip code.
2. I selected the option "You need Service on a case that has already been filed"

What options do i select next, i have called the TSC in December and they gave me a confirmation number saying they have scheduled a FP, but later i got a letter from USCIS saying it will take another 6 months to do my FP. I know that the letter says 6 months but i wanted to try my luck by going to a regional office and get my finger prints done as my PD is OCT 2001.
Thank you
Venkat