PDA

View Full Version : I-140 - Request for Additional Evidence

zappy
01-26-2008, 04:46 PM
My status on I-140 changed to "Request for Additional Evidence". Notice was sent only on 25th, so I don't have any more details yet.

Just wondering if anybody has any idea what it could be?

gc_chahiye
01-26-2008, 05:03 PM
My status on I-140 changed to "Request for Additional Evidence". Notice was sent only on 25th, so I don't have any more details yet.

Just wondering if anybody has any idea what it could be?

google around for RFEs... the three most common ones are:

- ability to pay -> this is for your employer to prove... if you are from a small company, or have been paid less than prevailing wage or LC wage, this might come up.

- education qualifications -> if your LC said the job requires 4 year BE in CS, and you have a 3 year BSc in Mathematics, this might come up

- experience letters -> if your LC said the job requires 5 years of experience, and you have not submitted detailed experience letters for those, you'll get this RFE.

Having said that, dont worry about it until you actually receive the RFE, it could be for a bunch of things, some serious, some completely trivial. If your LC required some minimum experience and you did not submit copies of your experience letter, you may want ot start contacting older employers, otherwise just wait till the RFE actually comes.