PDA

View Full Version : Finger Printing for EAD and 485 seperately or one?

satyannair
01-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi,
I haven't recieved finger printing request yet from USCIS.
I called customer service and they said we will recieve soon as the case was transferred 2 times from NSC to TSC and back to NSC.
Our EADs are approved and recieved the card also.
Correct me if I am wrong:
There are seperate finger printing for EAD and 485.

If so without finger printing can I use EAD?

Thanks,

va_dude
01-25-2008, 02:15 PM
There is no finger printing for an EAD.

The finger printing is just for the 485.

As far as i know once you have an EAD you can use it right away, not having done your finger printing has no bearing on this.

yabadaba
01-25-2008, 02:48 PM
There is no finger printing for an EAD.

The finger printing is just for the 485.

As far as i know once you have an EAD you can use it right away, not having done your finger printing has no bearing on this.

fingerprinting is also for ead

I had my Code 3 biometrics in september 2007 ( i am a july 2nd filer) I had not applied for my ead at that time.. however, i did apply for it around the 180 day mark (after filing 485) and I got my Code 2 biometrics notice specifically for my EAD. I went and gave my index finger print, photograph and signature today for my EAD. I had done the entire set of 10 finger prints, photograph and signature, in september.

satyanair:
If you have an EAD card, it means it is approved. If you want to use it...go ahead and use it

va_dude
01-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Dude... just chill out.
No one is giving out wrong information here intentionally. It's a forum just to give your opinion, and that's exactly what i did.

If you look closely, my post clearly says "as far as i know...". That's an opinion.

No one should be taking the info in this forum or any other one for that matter as the final word. Attorneys (no matter how stupid they are) are in a better position to give the right answer.

yabadaba
01-25-2008, 05:06 PM
dude: i was just refferring to your

"There is no finger printing for an EAD.

The finger printing is just for the 485."

statement

peace

satyannair
01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Thanks guys,
I don't intend to use EAD at present. Just curious if i missed something here.

prioritydate
07-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Wow! I didn't know that you got to take 2 sets of finger prints for EAD and I-485. I didn't got finger print notice for I-485, but got notices for EAD. When do they usually send finger prints for I-485?

Well, I lied. I did got finger print notices and, indeed, finished them last year. Too much stress I guess.

calgirl
07-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Can someone point out to some website or proof that FP notice is generated when you e-file. My lawyer says no. I don't want to argue without proof.

I need some kinda official link ?

Thanks.

Wow! I didn't know that you got to take 2 sets of finger prints for EAD and I-485. I didn't got finger print notice for I-485, but got notices for EAD. When do they usually send finger prints for I-485?

prioritydate
07-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Deleted!

ivy55
07-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Got my FP done for I485 after waiting one year, many calls and infopass.

It was Code 2 and not Code 3 as most have done, it is index finger just like for EAD, not the 10 fingers. Can someone shed some light

Thanks

gc_kaavaali
07-31-2008, 11:29 AM
I e-filed for EAD renewal...I got finger print notice also with Code 2.

Can someone point out to some website or proof that FP notice is generated when you e-file. My lawyer says no. I don't want to argue without proof.

I need some kinda official link ?

Thanks.

leoindiano
07-31-2008, 01:24 PM
EAD, CODE2, 485, CODE3..

Ivy, you had a pending EAD application as well?

small2006
07-31-2008, 01:31 PM
For 485 FP, what is the code supposed to be - 1, 2, or 3?
We got Code 1 for 485. No pending EAD/AP, so I am sure it is for 485.

To top it all, the guy doing it for me took all 10 fingers but the guy doing it for my wife, took all 10 fingers + Photograph + signature.

After checking with the official there, he said that photo + sign was not needed, it was a mistake on his part. But noow ,there is a soft LUD for my wife but not for me.

What's going on?

Am I over reacting and should I just chill out?

ivy55
07-31-2008, 02:23 PM
leoindiano,

No my FP for EAD was done about a month back. I have noticed that some have Code 1, 2, or 3, What I understand is that in the end everyone has to complete Code 3 before getting GC, so they may call me for another FP

Thanks

gconmymind
07-31-2008, 02:37 PM
I am a July 07 filer and got only one FP notice last November. How can I tell if it was for 485 or for EAD? Is it written somewhere on the FP notice?

Btw, my EAD doesn't show any FP on it.

kshitijnt
07-31-2008, 03:46 PM
I am a July 07 filer and got only one FP notice last November. How can I tell if it was for 485 or for EAD? Is it written somewhere on the FP notice?

If your EAD was approved then it was for 485. Just chill

kshitijnt
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Gurus: My wife recently got EAD from F1 visa, no notice of biometrics was issued. Do you know what triggers biometrics for EAD. I mean we have got better things to do than getting thumb impressions submitted every time.

leoindiano
07-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Only E-filers get FP. Student EAD's are applied using paper normally.

Kodi
07-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Just last week I did FP Code 3 and it was for I-485. My EAD is still pending and no luds either.

boreal
08-29-2008, 02:41 PM

My first EAD didnt have any FP on it and my renewal EAD doesnt have my FPs either. Says "no finger print available". Another Interesting fact is that i never had any LUD on my 485 even after finger-printing (11/2007). Makes me think if USCIS even has my FPs at all...anyone knows if its alright? (Infact i even called that FBI number and they did verify that the Fingerprints (results?) were sent back to USCIS the next day after i was Finger printed..)..but USCIS being USCIS, never know what happened to my finger prints..I wont be surprised, two years from now, they would send me another notice to go get finger printed..

acecupid
08-29-2008, 07:28 PM

I believe the FP notice does mention if its for I-485 or I-765. So you should check your old FP notice.

Desertfox
08-30-2008, 05:36 AM
I applied for I-485 first during July 2007 and efiled EAD on September 2007. My FP notices for I-485 (Code 3) and EAD (Code 2) had different appointment dates, but they took code 3 once and stamped both FP notices. So you can get both FP done on the first appointment date. Hope this helps.

Dhundhun
08-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Code 1: Fingerprinting, total 14 prints (
-- All fingers/thumb alone rolled (10) +
-- thumbs unrolled (2) +
-- four fingers together (2),
-- special cases for missing or extra or injured)

Code 2: Biometric, total 1 print of index finger unrolled + Photo + Signature

Code 3: Code 1 + Code 2

Code 4: Don't know yet

For I485, Code 3 is used
For EAD, Code 2 is used. If code 2 FP is not taken, EAD will mention no FP available.
For TPS/EAD sticker, Code 4 is used: TPS = Temporary Proctation Status. One post reported Code 4 notice for EB - AOS also.

Note:
1. Although Code 3 means Code 1 + Code 2, this code 2 generally not used for EAD; because the EAD photograph can be max. 30 days older than EAD Application Date
2. Based on various posting and my experience, when FP notice is scanned at It pulles most of the information such as name, address, etc from database. But FP officer has to manully enter two three infomation including FP being done for I485 or I765. If these information not entered correctly LUD for FP does not happen.

Hope this removes confusions.

Nikith77
12-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi Gurus

I am applying for my second EAD. Will I be getting a FP notice again for this second EAD.

Thanks in advance. :confused:

MYGC2008
12-11-2008, 03:48 PM
EAD Paper based Filing --> NO FingerPrint

EAD e-File ---> Fingerprint code 2

I-485 --> Fingerprint code 3 for every 15 months till GC is approved

I hope this helps

iman.karta
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Fingerprinting is for both EAD and I-485.
By the way, I just want to tell you something that all of you guys might be aware of. Sorry if I repeat the info.
If you apply I-485 via employment-based, please be aware that if you use your EAD for say a part time job, it will supersede your H1-B status. Hence if (God forbid) your I-485 is not approved, you have to immediately leave the country.