View Full Version : Transit vias for UK

10-30-2010, 01:07 PM

I would need to apply for transit visa to fly through UK. There is a UK consulate office in ATLANTA but not sure if they would give transit visa if I go in person there? Did anyone had any experience.


11-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Visas (http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/)
Transit - visa application guide (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf20transit)
Visa and Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV) nationals (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/visadatvnationals)

12-27-2010, 04:15 PM
If you wish to travel to England to travel to another destination without going through the Danish border and you have no right to carry in the UK without a visa, you need a direct airside transit visa, unless exemptions they direct airside transit visa. If you are a visa national and you pass through immigration control because you stop in the United Kingdom for over 24 hours you should use a visitor in transit visa.

01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
You left out the crucial piece of info...what is your nationality? What country is your passport from? THAT, not your residency in Sweden, will determine whether or not you need a transit visa. You can use the site below to find out. Just fill in all the blanks and click for the info.