PDA

View Full Version : Only spouse received the FP Notice

buehler
01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
My wife received the FP notice 3 weeks ago and her FP is tomorrow. I never received it even though I am the primary applicant. I do see updates on my I-485 application but no FP notice. The USCIS center is quite far away from my home. Can I try to go there with my wife and see if they can do my FP also tomorrow or is that a lost cause?

edd
02-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi,
I am also in the same boat. only spouse received the notice. So did you go FP along with your wife? would appreciate your input on this one

reddymjm
02-05-2009, 10:04 PM
You are talking about second FP on 485 right. I did not get it. My wife got it. Other thing I noticed is even after she gave her FP no LUD on her 485. I opened SR @ NSC for my FP notice.

sanju
02-05-2009, 10:40 PM
My wife received the FP notice 3 weeks ago and her FP is tomorrow. I never received it even though I am the primary applicant. I do see updates on my I-485 application but no FP notice. The USCIS center is quite far away from my home. Can I try to go there with my wife and see if they can do my FP also tomorrow or is that a lost cause?

This happened to me twice in last 3 years and this is what I can tell you from my experience.

All member of the family should go for the finger print because often times figer print notices are lost in the mail. I went to the IO at the center and told IO officer that I did not receive the FP notice. She checked in the system and said that FP notice was sent for me as well. IO officer printed a FP notice right at the spot and handed that to me so that my wife and I could give finger prints together. If you do not give the finger print, the risks is that CIS may send you another notice or may send you the "last notice" before considering your application as abandoned.

I would say - better safe than sorry.

coolpal
02-06-2009, 11:20 AM
We filed for 485 in 2007 july fiasco... and so far, we never received FPs for me or my wife..
my lawyer called the TSC a couple of times, and I called at least 3 times, and all the time, they say it is fine, and they will contact me if they need anything. We got our EADs and APs renewed as well, but never received FPs...

Every time I contacted them and explained the problem, they would open up a case to investigate and they send us letters a couple of months later saying my application is within the current processing times...

I am hoping this is only normal, and there are others out there in the same boat as mine...
Am I wrong in assuming so? Let me know if there is anything I should do?

pal :)

sanju
02-06-2009, 11:28 AM
We filed for 485 in 2007 july fiasco... and so far, we never received FPs for me or my wife..
my lawyer called the TSC a couple of times, and I called at least 3 times, and all the time, they say it is fine, and they will contact me if they need anything. We got our EADs and APs renewed as well, but never received FPs...

Every time I contacted them and explained the problem, they would open up a case to investigate and they send us letters a couple of months later saying my application is within the current processing times...

I am hoping this is only normal, and there are others out there in the same boat as mine...
Am I wrong in assuming so? Let me know if there is anything I should do?

Hi pal,

Two things -

a.) If your priority date is current and you are EB2-India, then your priority date in your profile is incorrect. Could you please fix it, along with other data in your profile.

b.) Based on what you said, if I were you, I would take an infopass appointment at the nearest USCIS center for the entire family and speak with the IO face-2-face and ask this -
i.) My dates are current, how much time will it take to approve your application, and at what stage it is stuck?
ii.) You have not recd FP notice, is that ok?

I think IO officer will most likely print an FP notice right there, and that will bring up your file, if it is lying in some rubble. It would have someone look into your application.

Hope this is helpful!

coolpal
02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
thanks sanju for the quick response..

My information in the profile is the most up to date info I have. My priority date is not current, and I am sorry if something in my previous post gave you that impression.
I am still using my H1B status and my wife is using her EAD, but since we applied for 485 in 2007, we have applied for EAD twice (once with 485 appl and a renewal later) but never received FPs.

Do you think I should still setup an Infopass?

thanks,
pal

sriramkalyan
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM
So what ... r u scared ...you will be deported ...

coolpal
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
well... I am definitely not scared. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation, or has any useful advice ;)

If you were trying to be funny there, seriously, I didn't get it.