PDA

View Full Version : Passport renewal in DC

ddd27
10-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi all, My passport is going to expire next month (November 28th). I can drive easily upto DC consulate .. wanted to know if there is anything specific I need to do. The website (Embassy of India - Washington DC (official website) United States of America - Application for a New Passport or Reissue of Passport (10) years (http://www.indianembassy.org/index.php?option=com_content&id=167)) does not mention anything about "walk in to consulate" information.
Specifically,
1. Do I need to call and book appointment ? If yes, is there a minimum waiting time to get an appointment, like how many days before ...
2. Will I get the renewed passport the same day ?

Any other points/instructions that you think are important please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

pd052009
10-26-2010, 12:18 PM
I have recently renewed my passport in Washington, DC. As I stay far away from DC, I get it renewed by post. It took exactly 40 working days to get the new passport. I remember, you have to select a date while filing the application form. So, dont wait... apply asap.
Hi all, My passport is going to expire next month (November 28th). I can drive easily upto DC consulate .. wanted to know if there is anything specific I need to do. The website (Embassy of India - Washington DC (official website) United States of America - Application for a New Passport or Reissue of Passport (10) years (http://www.indianembassy.org/index.php?option=com_content&id=167)) does not mention anything about "walk in to consulate" information.
Specifically,
1. Do I need to call and book appointment ? If yes, is there a minimum waiting time to get an appointment, like how many days before ...
2. Will I get the renewed passport the same day ?

Any other points/instructions that you think are important please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

ddd27
10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks for your reply ... did anyone go to DC consulate for a walk-in kind of renewal ?? am planning to take an off next week for this purpose.

thanks