PDA

View Full Version : No Finger Printing(FP)

GCKarma
01-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Gurus,
I'm a July 2 filer.Mine is TSC.I haven't got FP yet. I called USCIS Customer Service.They generated a Service Request.After that USCIS sent me a general letter saying: If you haven't got FP you will get one, if you have missed your FP please reschedule it.

Is there any way to find out whether USCIS has sent a FP and it getting lost in the mail?

Is there any way to get my FP.

Thanks a lot.

Mount Soche
01-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I am a July 16th filer and have not received my FP appointment either. I created a SR, got "that letter" saying either the notice expired or wasn't issued (nothing relevant). Was told to call back 60 days after that letter if I still didn't get the FP appointment. The 60 days will be up next week. Haven't gotten my FPs in the meantime so will call if no FP by next week. I had an attorney consultation yesterday and the attorney told me to not worry about it since my priority is seemingly far from current and FPs expired every 15 months anyways. My attorney said of all of their clients for whom he's applied I-485's, half have been fingerprinted and the other half have not; so nothing to be too concerned about.

GCKarma
01-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Mount Soche - is ur TSC or NSC? Mine is NSC -> TSC.

gcformeornot
01-12-2008, 01:16 PM

for details

apahilaj
01-12-2008, 01:50 PM

No FP yet either. See signature for details.

kannan
01-12-2008, 02:48 PM
for details

hi gcformeornot,

Is yr case still in CA?

Libra
01-12-2008, 03:05 PM
guys please take some time and send your letters today.

greencard_fever
01-12-2008, 04:08 PM
:confused:
Hi All,

I got the notice yesterday saying that,FBI is unable to process my wifes FP and due to that they will not able to my 485 application so they sent me an FP request again for my wife but not for me though..and i saw the LUD's on my wifes and my 485 on Dec 12..dose this mean my Name check is cleared and my wife is still pending?..is there is any way i can call the customer service and get the status information?:confused:

chtting2me
01-12-2008, 04:30 PM
If your application went to TSC , you will get Finer printing letter soon.

TSC started sending FP notices

gcformeornot
01-12-2008, 05:12 PM
completed theirs today. No news on mine.

vxb2004
01-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I am July 16th filer too. NSC-TSC.Neither me or my wife hav received our FP notice. My wife called USCIS and was told that with the current back log it will take another 4 months to ge FP. :(

Mount Soche
01-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Mine is NSC to TSC too.
Perhaps we're onto something here.

mhtanim
01-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Mine was NSC-CSC-NSC - No FP yet

EndlessWait
01-12-2008, 08:41 PM
NSC-CSC-NSC ...no FP yet..

TexDBoy
01-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I am a July 2nd filer and NSC->TSC transfer. I received my FP notice on last tuesday.
So I guess they might have started issuing FP for transfer cases

prakgc
01-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Mine is NSC to TSC too.
Perhaps we're onto something here.

I am a NSC-TSC transfer case too with ND of Sept 10. No FP for me or my wife.
I have opened service requests and got the usual letter saying we will send a notice in the mail soon but it has been over 60 days since and nothing.

I have also called customer service at TSC and talked to a IO .. they tell me we are waiting for ASC availibility.

I think we have to patiently wait .. unless somebody has a tried and tested method to work around this deadlock?

chintainfogc
01-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi,
I was also in the same boat, i created a SR but no use, then i visited local USCIS office on 26th Dec 07- boston with an infoPass, they were so helpful, they immeadeatly scheduled me & my wifes FP for Jan 15 08. so i am done with my FP.

Thanks
Naren

shana04
01-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I called USCIS today 01/16/08 and I was told that they would not issues FP notice until Oct 2008, reason: no visa numbers avaliable.

So they would send one once visa numbers are avaliable.

Good luck to all.

dingudi
01-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi,
I was also in the same boat, i created a SR but no use, then i visited local USCIS office on 26th Dec 07- boston with an infoPass, they were so helpful, they immeadeatly scheduled me & my wifes FP for Jan 15 08. so i am done with my FP.

Thanks
Naren

Chintainfogc,

You mention that you are from Boston and also did not receive the FP notices.
I am from Boston also and I have not still received my FP notice. I have called uscis few times with no luck. They tell me that they are waiting for availability from local office (Boston) . Could you tell me what was your ND, whether your AOS is in TSC or NSC.

Also when you took the InfoPass, does it depend on the officer there at that time. Also did your wife also had to go with you. Is it ok if I go alone for the appointment as my wife works far.

Can you describe in a bit more detail your conversation with the IO at the boston office regarding you not getting FP notice.

Thanks.I will appreciate your responses.

chintainfogc
01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Dingudi,

1. Do not waste time on waiting for response for your SR
2. Take an InfoPass ( http://infopass.uscis.gov/ ) for two people (including your wife), when you go there (USCIC @ govt center, boston downtown) they will say at reception (where your info pass is been checked) that u can not get any info for your wife without her presence, just say OK and once you go to IO counter you can say some reason that your wife can not make it due to so and so reason, Immigration officer wont ask any further questions,
3. At immigration officer, tell that its been so and so days since my 485 application has been filed and i suppose to get my FP notice within 45 days also tell them that you have created SR and you did not receive any respose so far, they will schedule Immediately even they tell you date and time for your FP upfornt.
I told my friend same and he got his/his wife's FP notices

3. I think it does not matter where is your AOS, mine 485 / 140 are at TSC but i received my FP from vermont...strange.

GoodLuck

dingudi
01-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Dingudi,

1. Do not waste time on waiting for response for your SR
2. Take an InfoPass ( http://infopass.uscis.gov/ ) for two people (including your wife), when you go there (USCIC @ govt center, boston downtown) they will say at reception (where your info pass is been checked) that u can not get any info for your wife without her presence, just say OK and once you go to IO counter you can say some reason that your wife can not make it due to so and so reason, Immigration officer wont ask any further questions,
3. At immigration officer, tell that its been so and so days since my 485 application has been filed and i suppose to get my FP notice within 45 days also tell them that you have created SR and you did not receive any respose so far, they will schedule Immediately even they tell you date and time for your FP upfornt.
I told my friend same and he got his/his wife's FP notices

3. I think it does not matter where is your AOS, mine 485 / 140 are at TSC but i received my FP from vermont...strange.

GoodLuck

Thanks chintainfogc, your response gives me some hope. I will take the Infopass appointment. Is there any specific day for the appointment which is good in the sense that the IO for that day are polite and good .

apahilaj
01-16-2008, 08:09 PM
thanks... so that means I don't need to take two infopass apointments, one for self and other for spouse, correct? I can book just one infopass using my receipt number and mention that 2 people will be using that pass, correct?

Please let me know. Thanks.

chintainfogc
01-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Yes..you do not need to take 2 different infopasses.
You can book one infoPass with "N" of people.

Best of luck.
chintainfogc

Novice
01-17-2008, 05:27 PM
I am a july 2 filer and the case was tranferred to Texas. I have not received finger printing notice yet, can I use my AC21 in the mean time?

TexDBoy
01-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Sure, you can use AC21 without having done the FP. Both are unrelated

gjoe
01-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Based on the latest reports from various sources, it appears that USCIS is trying to improve its effeciency by cutting down on unnecessary FP's which you might have to do every 15 months while you wait for your PD to become current.
This is just my thoughts based on what I hear and what I know

prakgc
01-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Yes i heard that too and that's what my attorney says. Is it official anywhere?

Based on the latest reports from various sources, it appears that USCIS is trying to improve its effeciency by cutting down on unnecessary FP's which you might have to do every 15 months while you wait for your PD to become current.
This is just my thoughts based on what I hear and what I know

jnraajan
01-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes i heard that too and that's what my attorney says. Is it official anywhere?

This is the transcript from latest Murthy Chat page.

http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/ch010708_P.html

This makes sense, because, if the FP expires after an year or so, no point in doing FP now.

desidas
01-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi,

How long the FP are valid?

Do I have to do a FP every 15 months?

Will USCIS notify me for FP? or Do i have to followup with USCIS for FP after the current FP expires?

I left the old employers who filed I-485 and now bit concerned about FP

immigrationvoice1
01-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Wanted to share my experience with all. Attorney received FP notices for self and spouse while we received the one for the primary applicant only. Opened SR but no luck.

Went for the ASC appointment with the original notice of self and faxed copy of spouse's notice from the attorney. No questions asked and we were out after the FP appointment within 15 minutes.

We went to the Alexandria, VA ASC office couple of days back. It seems the original notice has a bar code which when scanned by the person taking the finger prints pulls up all personal information submitted to USCIS. Without the original notice, every single information has to be typed into the system, which the person at Alexandria, VA did with a smile and no question were asked!

kannan
01-23-2008, 01:15 PM
I am worried ,I did not get my FP even after opening 2 SR .I am a july 2nd filer. My case is NSC -CSC, but still in CA only. I do not know the reason why didn't they tranfer back to NSC. Anybody knows anything about this or same case like me?

leoindiano
01-26-2008, 06:35 PM
called USCIS on jan 4th, they said they are scheduling, it will take 3 weeks to get the notice, till now nothing.
called yesterday again, this time they said 45 days. Opened SR. I am hearing no use with SR. Not sure what is going on?
Meanwhile, i gave this procedure to a freind and they got notices.

Can anybody tell me if there will be an LUD on i-485 when they issue a FP notice?

madhurib
01-26-2008, 07:59 PM
THey wont be any LUD when you get a finger print notice. You will have an LUD after you finish with your finger prints. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

vsoni
02-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I received FP notice for my self and for my wife
But I donít receive FP for my daughter and I was told as my daughter is younger than 14 year she may not required FP. Any body receives FP for their kids younger than 14 years?

leoindiano
02-04-2008, 10:22 AM
You had to do anything to get the finger printing notices?

starving_dog
02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
vsoni, my kids notices came after mine and my spouses. Under 14 they generally take one fingerprint only. My son had to go back for full prints because he turned 14 during the process. It only held up his green card by about two to three weeks.

vsoni
02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I applied I-485 in May 2008. I got mine full FP in June.
But I never receive full or one finger FP for my daughter.
I call USCIS and ask for SR. They told me your daughter need not finger print at all as she is under 14 Years.
What action I need to take? Any idea.

vsoni
02-04-2008, 11:35 AM
I call USCIS and ask for SR. They told me your daughter need not finger print at all as she is under 14 Years.
What action I need to take? Any idea.
^^

whyregisteration
02-04-2008, 11:42 AM
What action I need to take? Any idea.I applied I-485 in July 3rd, 2007 to Nebraska, Sept. 2007 transfered to TX. Well, actually my 9 years-old kid did got FP notice (code 2) and done during Oct. 2007. But my spouse and me have not got FP yet, called a lot of time and nothing:(:(! (PD is current). Weird:confused:

leoindiano
02-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Took Infopass, went to local USCIS, they scheduled appointment same day with fingerprints office. Had to run back home and get wife and run to fingerprints office. I am relieved this thing is over.

mhtanim
02-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Took Infopass, went to local USCIS, they scheduled appointment same day with fingerprints office. Had to run back home and get wife and run to fingerprints office. I am relieved this thing is over.

Your infopass experience for FP seems to be exceptional than anybody else. Lucky you!

chanduv23
02-21-2008, 12:33 PM
I am a July 18th filer and we have not recieved finger prints for both me and my wife. I opened an SR 2 days back only.

If we do not recieve FP notices at all, what happens when we have to renew our EAD? Now that there is a mad rush, and USCIS has brought in the 120 day rule, for those with no FP, could there be a delay in issuing EAD?

leoindiano
02-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Chandu,

Dont wait. open infopass and they will do it. It worked for atleast 20 people on this forum. For couple of people, it didnt work. My local office is Charlotte, NC.

Obama said leagal first lastnight, he also mentioned backlogs. Hillary said illegals will become legal within 100 days of her presidency. I hope he becomes president and addresses our problem.

mhtanim
02-22-2008, 02:50 PM
If one's PD is not even close to current (like mine), does it really matter to keep calling USCIS and opening SRs for FP?

dingudi
02-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Chandu,

Dont wait. open infopass and they will do it. It worked for atleast 20 people on this forum. For couple of people, it didnt work. My local office is Charlotte, NC.

Obama said leagal first lastnight, he also mentioned backlogs. Hillary said illegals will become legal within 100 days of her presidency. I hope he becomes president and addresses our problem.

leoindiano,

I am trying to book Infopass appointment (my lawyer advised to wait out FP notice but I still want to try the infopass ) because even I have not received my FP yet. While making infopass apt it asks to choose if we want service on an existing application or if we just want service or any other information. Could you tell me which one to choose for FP.

Also if you elaborate on your experience during Infopass like conversation with IO and did you also mention that you had opened SR for the same.

Thanks.

leoindiano
02-22-2008, 05:16 PM
service on existing case.

No, i didnt tell her i opened SR's(not intentional). I talked more about 485 app. I applied 6 months back, no response on FP.

apahilaj
02-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Last several times when I've called TSC IOs they used to mention to wait for the availability of local ASC for biometrics. This time when I called them, the officer immediately said that she will schedule the biometrics for my self and my spouse.

Does "scheduling" mean that they are really going to schedule the biometrics or is it just one of those promises that they never keep. Has any one actually got the biometrics appointment after the IO told them that they've scheduled one? She asked us to wait for 2-3 months.

dingudi
02-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Last several times when I've called TSC IOs they used to mention to wait for the availability of local ASC for biometrics. This time when I called them, the officer immediately said that she will schedule the biometrics for my self and my spouse.

Does "scheduling" mean that they are really going to schedule the biometrics or is it just one of those promises that they never keep. Has any one actually got the biometrics appointment after the IO told them that they've scheduled one? She asked us to wait for 2-3 months.

Apahilaj,

I don't think it will make any difference. reason, because they have asked to wait 2-3 months. Dont you think 2-3 months is really long time . Also I think schedule for them means they issue the request to their FP department in TSC but ultimately its upto local ASC to issue the FP request.

apahilaj
02-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Apahilaj,

I don't think it will make any difference. reason, because they have asked to wait 2-3 months. Dont you think 2-3 months is really long time . Also I think schedule for them means they issue the request to their FP department in TSC but ultimately its upto local ASC to issue the FP request.

Didn't realize that they had a seperate FP department also. Always used to think that they send a request to the local ASC and then the local ASC would send them an appointment (based on their availability) which would then be printed by them as the appointment notice.

Atleast, now they've scheduled one for me. Before the call I don't think that they even realized that I did not receive the biometrics yet.

Will wait and see...

dingudi
02-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Didn't realize that they had a seperate FP department also. Always used to think that they send a request to the local ASC and then the local ASC would send them an appointment (based on their availability) which would then be printed by them as the appointment notice.

Atleast, now they've scheduled one for me. Before the call I don't think that they even realized that I did not receive the biometrics yet.

Will wait and see...

Apahilaj,

Do you know how this affects us in anyway. Here they talk about people whose FP will expire and whose will not. I am not sure how it affects us

http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4398