PDA

View Full Version : EB2 to EB1

pmandappa
10-25-2010, 11:54 AM
I have a PD of April 2008 in the EB2-I category, but am exploring the option of switching to EB1 if possible. I am a clinical psychologist, working in a not-for-profit agency. What are my chances? Does it depend more on the case itself or a really good lawyer who can present your case in the best way it can be presented? This is a really stressful situation because my husband's H1-B runs out next summer and we cannot live here on just my income. Any feedback?

thomachan72
10-25-2010, 12:13 PM
I have a PD of April 2008 in the EB2-I category, but am exploring the option of switching to EB1 if possible. I am a clinical psychologist, working in a not-for-profit agency. What are my chances? Does it depend more on the case itself or a really good lawyer who can present your case in the best way it can be presented? This is a really stressful situation because my husband's H1-B runs out next summer and we cannot live here on just my income. Any feedback?

I believe the case itself is the major factor. The credentials/publications/patents + solid letters of recomendations etc is the major factor. The attorney can advice you on the types of letters or proofs that are required to substantiate your case but not more. And ofcourse once you have decided that you could potential go for the EB1, I would certainly ask others for attorneys who have had more success in EB1 cases. The "good" attorney will evaluate your total package and asks you for more documents if it is not good enough. Others will take your money and all material you send and just send it over to the CIS.

pmandappa
10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Not sure if I will make the category, but feel that I should consult with a good immigration attorney and explore the option. Who knows? I wish there was a category for people who were doing the work that directly improved the lot of the American people. Not-for-profit is not lucrative nor glamorous, so there should be some incentives :)