PDA

View Full Version : how many days for receipt notice?

billu
10-24-2010, 01:17 PM
My company attorney has mailed my I-140 application to NSC for premium processing on 12th october by priority mail. Waiting for receipt notice.

The amount of $1000 has been deducted but it has been through online banking and not the check, so there is no way yet to determine the case number. How many days does it usually take for NSC to issue a receipt notice? Is it quicker for PP cases?pls do reply.thanks.

billu
10-25-2010, 07:13 PM
A receipt of notice is generated immediately. As soon as your application reaches the USCIS ofice they generate the receipt of notice and post mail it to the attorney. It takes 2-3 days for the mail to reach your attorney so we can assume that the total time to get the receipt of notice from the day it was filed should not be greater than 4-5 days.

thanks for your reply. My I-140 petition should have reached NSC on 13th October. Assuming that they mailed the receipt notice latest by 15th October by regular mail which takes 2-3 business days, should my attorney not have received something by today (25th october -6th business day). Is this normal or an unusual delay??

garybanz
10-26-2010, 01:56 PM
due to changes in procedures, a lot of the applications are going to the lock box facilities, this is slowing things down (it was actually supposed to make things go faster but we all know USCIS pretty well by now)

I have heard a lot of cases where it's taking about a month to get the receipt.