PDA

View Full Version : Biometrics process question

luvschocolates
07-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Hello again,
I am scheduled for my biometrics appointment on Monday and it is my understanding that they simply do fingerprinting and a photo which is sent to the FBI etc. for investigation.
Do they also check your credit rating and if so, does that affect their decision on whether or not you get a green card? Also, is this the final step before they make a decision on whether you get the green card or not or is there more after this?

I had to be hospitalized in January and taken there by ambulance and I have not been able to pay them yet and I'm not sure if it has gone on my credit rating so I'm a bit paranoid that this might mess me up if it is showing on there. Has anyone had experience with this?
Please let me know. Thanks!:)

va_dude
07-16-2009, 02:00 PM
dude... your credit rating or non-payment of dues for the ambulance has nothing to do with your green card or your fingeprinting appt.

Go, give them your hands, show them the finger (pun intended) and take a pic.

luvschocolates
07-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Thank you, va_dude, that's rather reassuring. I don't trust anyone in gov't positions, so I stay paranoid when it comes to this immigration stuff. I am not worried about the FBI investigation but my credit....that's another story LOL. Thanks again for your reply.:o

luvschocolates
07-18-2009, 03:21 PM
I have been reading about other people's experiences with the biometrics appointment and some have said that you require a passport as identification and/or your driver's license.
I do not have a passport because when I entered the US it was not required and I haven't had an opportunity to obtain one since then either. I do still have my valid Canadian driver's license and birth certificate - will that suffice?
I also do not have a US social security number - didn't think I could get one without the GC.
Is this going to pose a problem if I don't have a passport or SSN?
My appointment is Monday morning, so I need to make sure I have everything since the appt. is 3 hours away. (that part sux too!)

Please let me know from your own experiences if I have cause to be concerned or if I can just take my DL and BC. Thanks.

dealsnet
08-25-2009, 04:46 PM
How your credit rating will affect without Social security number.?
Credit rating is for people with SSN. You don't have SSN.

Thank you, va_dude, that's rather reassuring. I don't trust anyone in gov't positions, so I stay paranoid when it comes to this immigration stuff. I am not worried about the FBI investigation but my credit....that's another story LOL. Thanks again for your reply.:o