PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help/Advise Needed. Stuck IN India

stuckinindia
10-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Hello,
I am stuck in India (along with my husband who) after leaving USA where I am living for over 5 years. I just came for 2 wks here in India to get stamping done at the Chennai Consulate. They kept my passport and said they will give visa, in next 3-4wks..Its past a month and 3 wks.. I am force to live with relatives. I can't even go to my home country without my passport. Everything I own is back in USA. How do I get back to it? I am on H4 and my husband is H1B. I am holding another country's nationality. I can't even visit my home country without my passport. Why did the Consulate kept the passports for this long? :confused:Why are we being treated this way?? Why didn't they do a security check where I was living for over 5 years? I am so frustrated being stuck and worry about my home left unattended back in the US.
:mad:
Any advise? Can I contact someone to help expedite this process?

tanu_75
10-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Hello,
I am stuck in India (along with my husband who) after leaving USA where I am living for over 5 years. I just came for 2 wks here in India to get stamping done at the Chennai Consulate. They kept my passport and said they will give visa, in next 3-4wks..Its past a month and 3 wks.. I am force to live with relatives. I can't even go to my home country without my passport. Everything I own is back in USA. How do I get back to it? I am on H4 and my husband is H1B. I am holding another country's nationality. I can't even visit my home country without my passport. Why did the Consulate kept the passports for this long? :confused:Why are we being treated this way?? Why didn't they do a security check where I was living for over 5 years? I am so frustrated being stuck and worry about my home left unattended back in the US.
:mad:
Any advise? Can I contact someone to help expedite this process?

Did you contact the consulate if they already sent it? Maybe it got lost in the mail or was returned to the consulate. Also, could be background checks. In any case, you should contact, VFS or the US Consulate to get answers. I think numbers for VFS/Consulate should be available on the consulate website.

stuckinindia
10-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Hi,
We have been checking the website and still shows "Pending Administrative processing"