PDA

View Full Version : Tri State:MEET AND GREET SOCIAL- JAN 26-IN NEW JERSEY

chanduv23
01-06-2008, 08:12 PM
We hope to start the New Year with a new vigor and focus on community building and community participations. A stronger community built on mutual trust and participation is what we need today. Let the New Year be the new beginning, where we don’t feel alone.

We all are anxious about ours and our family’s future, not only from the immigration standpoint but also from the point of view of direction of the economy of the country.

We as a community have a great potential to help each other. Our members are ambitious and work for various prominent companies in the USA at various levels and they are working harder to reach great heights. As someone had eloquently put it, it does not matter what you know but it matters whom you know.

So let us start by building a community so strong that we all feel like a part of a family. Let us get to know each other better. Let our families get to know each other better. Let us leverage each other strength and overcome personal weaknesses.

In that regard, we are organizing a informal social meet and greet lunch at

Akbar Restaurant,
21 Cortlandt St,
Edison, NJ

on

January 26th at 12:30PM.

Everyone will be responsible for their own expenses.

Just in case you were wondering, there is not going to be any particular agenda and absolutely NO money solicitations. It is an informal networking event.

In past, several of us (including myself), naively but with very good intention, had pursued some goals aggressively without giving due thoughts to the after affect on the community. That was a mistake.

We are in process of preparing plan for 2008 that will include several items like Job fairs, Immigration lawyers conferences, Seminars by community leaders (from corporate and entrepreneurs ) , lawmakers meeting etc. These are some loft goals and the Tri State Leads in few days will be sending more details on it. You all will have roles to play in that.

Please RSVP via a private message to IV member id "singhsa3" or email

Sanjeev - email id "sanjiv@immigrationvoice.org"

I am posting this message on behalf of "singhsa3" who is currently coordinating the efforts in the New Jersey Area.

This is a great opportunity for people to get a sense of what is happening and to feel a part of the community. Please bring yiour families, inform your friends, bring as many people as possible. We want members to take up a more committed role and to feel good and strong about being an Immigration Voice member and being a part of this wonderful community.

chanduv23
01-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Please particiapte in our attempts to build the community through constant grassroots efforts. We want every member to feel they are an integral part of IV.

We will be continuing to build our community strong on models of successful organizations like AAPI, AAA, AARP ...... where people get a sense of community.

Very often our community (immigrant) seems to always have divided opinions and views and such things keep us away from being one strong community. When we reach new shores, we must keep everything aside -

"lets all forget that they are Indian we are Chinese" ,
"lets forget that they are Tamil we are Hindi",
lets forget that "they are Reddy and we are Khamma"

- lets look at what binds us together?

As Skilled workers what do we have in common? Our community is intelligent, hard working, honest and contribute. We are entitled for fair processes. is it Individual entitlement? is it collective?

What can bind us? A common goal and a common drive and common wisdom.

Our efforts this year and moving forward will be towards buliding trust, community, working towards small successes, workingh towards community help and for that we need all your cooperation and help. We need everyone to join hands. Lets all join hands for one IV - One Voice

singhsa3
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
It is a family event also, so please feel free to bring your spouses, fiancee , kids, etc..

chanduv23
01-07-2008, 02:10 PM
We expect people to decide whether they would like to come forward with a sense for the community.

So please come forward if you care. We are not expecting anyone to be a die hard IV volunteer, but to express your support and your commitment and your help in nay manner.

IV is your/our organization and we must have a sense of oneness.

We stand for unity, peace and strength. Lets all unite "wholeheartedly"

sammyb
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
We expect people to decide whether they would like to come forward with a sense for the community.

So please come forward if you care. We are not expecting anyone to be a die hard IV volunteer, but to express your support and your commitment and your help in nay manner.

IV is your/our organization and we must have a sense of oneness.

We stand for unity, peace and strength. Lets all unite "wholeheartedly"

let me check with my better half :) ... most probably will come ...

pappu
01-07-2008, 08:19 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/

Please stay tuned for a massive IV campaign coming up. We will be announcing it tonight on the forums.
Contact your chapter leaders for various state chapter action items.

chanduv23
01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Z^^^^^^^

chanduv23
01-09-2008, 08:31 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

chanduv23
01-10-2008, 10:13 AM
We need every member in the tri state area to attend this. Please show your support

siravi
01-10-2008, 11:23 PM
... if I am around at that time. Shall look forward to meeting and catching up!

Pauline
01-14-2008, 07:04 PM
I will be there...

Caliber
01-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Due to some unforeseen situation, I will not be able to attend. I participated in the poll that i will attend. But now I will not be able to attend. Sorry about it.

mpadapa
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Caliber, sorry to miss U'r presence. Hope you R actively working on the letter campaign

Due to some unforeseen situation, I will not be able to attend. I participated in the poll that i will attend. But now I will not be able to attend. Sorry about it.

singhsa3
01-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Just a freindly reminder that we are still on for Saturday.

chanduv23
01-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Tri Staters - please make it to this social event.

chanduv23
01-25-2008, 03:43 PM
This is still on. Singhsa3 will be there. Please attend this