PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of Site Visit during H1b transfer.What questions to expect? I-140 apprvd

enggr
10-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I am in US for 6 years and would like to get the communities advice regarding the following

About Possible Site Visit by USCIS (h1b )
we want to know/prepare ourselves for any possible site visits by USCIS inspectors. We know that they may visit the employers main location.
What are the questions we may expect from site inspectors? Please advice
I heard they are have become very strict in 2010 year
(We have an assumption that it will be based on the applied petition.)

Do they also visit the client location where the employee is working as a consultant and want to talk to the client manager? there are no layers (employer layers) in between the contracts. employer has an approved i-140 of the employee

Are there any other questions/pitfalls we have to be careful about?
Some questions I assume are the following

* position, duties, and terms of employment.
* If it's a new employment, whether the employer has information about the foreign national's location and current employment
* inquire into payments made by the employee in connection with the filing of the H1B petition.

Please advice regarding the process and precautions we need to take

aguada
11-09-2010, 02:36 PM
I know 2 cases where my friends had on site visits by inspectors.

Yes they visited at the client location
They checked their desk/computer
Asked them about the work they did and their immediate manager
Talked to the client manager about the duties performed

enggr
11-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I know 2 cases where my friends had on site visits by inspectors.

Yes they visited at the client location
They checked their desk/computer
Asked them about the work they did and their immediate manager
Talked to the client manager about the duties performed

Thanks aguada for sharing the valuable info you had. The manager listed in the I-129 (employee of sponsoring company) comes & goes and supervises me on job duties. the client manager also talks to me about the tasks & stuff. Is that going to be a problem in case client manager talks to me regarding job duties. Is it problematic in case if the client manager does like that?