PDA

View Full Version : DC/MD/VA Chapter Meeting at Rockville Library on 10/24 at 2PM

rayoflight
10-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi Folks:

Thank You for your interest. We just reserved the conference room at Rockville Library located at 21 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850 on 10/24 from 2-4PM.

Agenda for the meeting:

(1) Regroup as a team and discuss the next strategies.

(2) Contact Lawmakers

(3) Increase active members in DC/MD/VA chapter

Thanks,
Rayoflight

pappu
10-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Thank you for taking initiative in your chapter.

Another state chapter organized a conference call yesterday to discuss their action items. Such active action items will certainly help push the advocacy efforts we are trying to do.

ajay
10-15-2010, 02:21 PM
This will be nice since we haven't met for a long time.

:)

justareader
10-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Lets try to get as much done as possible

Hi Folks:

Thank You for your interest. We just reserved the conference room at Rockville Library located at 21 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850 on 10/24 from 2-4PM.

Agenda for the meeting:

(2) Contact Lawmakers

Thanks,
Rayoflight

redds777
10-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Hello All MD/VA/DC members

please attend this event without fail. Please try to bring any non members friends also . we have a hall which can accomodate upto 50 people . Thank you Ray of light for starting this thread.

I have phone numbers of MD mmebers given by Anu sometime back. I am not sure how many of those are still active numbers . starting today i will start contacting the members by phone . hopefullly they all will be able to join us on that day for a couple of hours.

if anybody need any more info on this event pls send a PM to me or contact Rayof light.

Thanks
Ravi.

This will be nice since we haven't met for a long time.

:)

kumar4875
10-15-2010, 03:27 PM
do we have any conference call facility for this?

javadeveloper
10-15-2010, 03:35 PM
I'll definitely try to come.Do we have any particular agenda for this meet?

redds777
10-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Here are the agenda items for this meeting

Agenda for the meeting:

(2) Contact Lawmakers

redds777
10-15-2010, 05:12 PM
I dont know yet if we will have a phone there in that room . I will try to find out and post the details in a day or 2 . i assume there will be a speaker phone atleast there .

Thanks
Ravi

redds777
10-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Hi everyone

I am contacting MD members over phone . so for i am getting a good response my Thank you for the members who are responding . hope to see you all there in Rockville on next sunday .
I have a few more phone numbers i have to call which i will do in the days to come.

Thanks
Ravi

homers
10-18-2010, 08:30 AM
I will definitely attend.

rayoflight
10-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Kumar,

We do not have a conference call facility for this meeting. Please try to make it in person.

Thanks,
Rayoflight

rayoflight
10-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Thank You Ravi for reserving the library room and initiating the calls.

Cheers,
Rayoflight

Hello All MD/VA/DC members

please attend this event without fail. Please try to bring any non members friends also . we have a hall which can accomodate upto 50 people . Thank you Ray of light for starting this thread.

I have phone numbers of MD mmebers given by Anu sometime back. I am not sure how many of those are still active numbers . starting today i will start contacting the members by phone . hopefullly they all will be able to join us on that day for a couple of hours.

if anybody need any more info on this event pls send a PM to me or contact Rayof light.

Thanks
Ravi.

kumar4875
10-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Kumar,

We do not have a conference call facility for this meeting. Please try to make it in person.

Thanks,
Rayoflight

OK --Please let me know if any one coming from noth of Baltimore --cockeysville.
we can carpool.

redds777
10-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Thank you . and hope to see you there on sunday

Hi All

There is a parking fecility near the library and also there is a bigger parking fecility near theators which are aboout a few blocks( parking fee a year back wass about $4/- . there is off the street parking also. i am not sure about the parking fee on sundays.

There is no conference room fecility in the meeting room .

Thanks
Ravi

I will definitely attend.

StarSun
10-19-2010, 10:38 AM
OK --Please let me know if any one coming from noth of Baltimore --cockeysville.
we can carpool.

Please use the state chapter to post and plan logistics. Chapter leaders shouldn't be responsible for travel arrangements as well.

rayoflight
10-22-2010, 11:12 AM
^ Bump ^

Leo07
10-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Firstly, thanks for the initiative and needless to say we're indebted to everyone's efforts here.

w.r.t this meeting in Rockville, What's the agenda?

'first come to the meeting and you'd know the agenda' is not the kind of answer, I'm looking for.

What are we going to do specifically for the 2 hours?

Best!

Hi Folks:

Agenda for the meeting:

(2) Contact Lawmakers

Thanks,
Rayoflight

imh1b
10-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Firstly, thanks for the initiative and needless to say we're indebted to everyone's efforts here.

'first come to the meeting and you'd know the agenda' is not the kind of answer, I'm looking for.

Best!

Agenda is : How do we get convince congress and Administration so that we can get Greencards.

If nobody is interested in the above agenda, then we will divide all attendees into 2 groups of EB2 and EB3. Then the whistle will blow and fist fight starts for the next 2 hours. The last man standing gets his greencard on Monday.

rayoflight
10-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Agenda is how do we get our concerns on the lawmakers table and their agenda. As stated so many times by the CORE we cannot expect to have our language in the Bill the day it is being tabled. Instead we should be working much ahead of time leading to the introduction.

Also it is important to regroup as a team. Look forward seeing you on Sunday.

Cheers,
Rayoflight

Best!

rayoflight
10-22-2010, 01:21 PM
You should put a disclaimer saying you were "Just Kidding".

Agenda is : How do we get convince congress and Administration so that we can get Greencards.

If nobody is interested in the above agenda, then we will divide all attendees into 2 groups of EB2 and EB3. Then the whistle will blow and fist fight starts for the next 2 hours. The last man standing gets his greencard on Monday.

redds777
10-22-2010, 01:50 PM
I have tried to contact as many as i can in last week and this week. Overall a positive response . hope to see all of the members on sunday .

Thanks
Redds

redds777
10-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi Everyone

A BIG thank you to all those who attended the MD/DC/VA meeting in Rockville . The get together was constructive and i was hoping for few more attendees. For those who attended , i hope IV has inspired members to go and meet the local represetatives in the local offices. IV wil help you with required documentation and talking points if you need help.

Guys those who could not attend today, please make sure you followup with your represtatives and make them aware of your issues to them BEFORE any Immigration bill is discussed on the floor. you need to organize and make your voices heard in DC otherwise even if the CIR happens , it is not a guarantee that all our provisions will be addressed in that. This message is for ALL members ( irrespective of EB2, EB3 etc..)

If you need any help, please contact local chapters or IV admin starsun.

Hope we will get something done this time for EB community

Thanks
Ravi.

I have tried to contact as many as i can in last week and this week. Overall a positive response . hope to see all of the members on sunday .

Thanks
Redds

redds777
10-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Everyone

A BIG thank you to all those who attended the MD/DC/VA meeting in Rockville . The get together was constructive and i was hoping for few more attendees. For those who attended , i hope IV has inspired members to go and meet the local represetatives in the local offices. IV wil help you with required documentation and talking points if you need help.

Guys those who could not attend today, please make sure you followup with your represtatives and make them aware of your issues to them BEFORE any Immigration bill is discussed on the floor. you need to organize and make your voices heard in DC otherwise even if the CIR happens , it is not a guarantee that all our provisions will be addressed in that. This message is for ALL members ( irrespective of EB2, EB3 etc..)

Thanks
Ravi.

Thanks
Redds

redds777
10-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Hi Everyone

Thanks
Ravi.

Thanks
Redds

redds777
10-24-2010, 09:22 PM
sorry for submitting 3 times same message . it was giving an error message but still posting the message which i was not aware .

Hi Everyone

Thanks
Ravi.

StarSun
10-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks redds777 and rayoflight for organizing this event.
IV members please contact me/state chapter leaders regarding lawmaker meetings.... and also submit your feedback of the meeting to Advocacy Feedback (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=132)