PDA

View Full Version : Cronins Memo 2000 & Murthy

gchopes
10-15-2010, 10:55 AM
I just want to confirm that this ruling is still in effect. Use AP to return as Parolee, never used EAD, can continue to work for same employer on approved H1B petition. Are there others in this situation as well?

MurthyDotCom : Effect of Travel While in H1B/L-1 Status with Pending I-485 (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_efftrv.html)

ashkam
10-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Doing it as we speak.

gchopes
11-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Can I apply for H1B stamp on the same H1B approved petition (not yet extended since I still have a year remaining on it) that I had when I returned on AP last year instead of H1B stamp? The reason to apply for H1B stamp this time is because of AP delay. I am hoping this memo says yes. Any thoughts?

Since the AP entry does not invalidate the approved H1B (or L-1) petition, the foreign national potentially could regain H (or L) status by traveling abroad and reentering with a valid H (or L) visa, and obtaining an H (or L) notation on the I-94 card at the port of entry. In these circumstances, the H (or L) status will be reinstated, giving one the benefit of continuing in that status for a length of time even if the I-485 ultimately is denied. Thus, when one wishes to maintain H1B (or L-1) status, which is often the case, this still may be accomplished, even if AP is used for entry at some stage in the process.