PDA

View Full Version : Walk-in Bay Area for FP after a missed appointment

saturnring11
12-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Does anybody know which ASC in the bay area allows walk-ins? I missed my appointment and need to get this thing taken care of before I travel (I'm going to be out of the country Jan-Feb).

I tried walking into the San Jose center but they asked me to reschedule my appointment. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

singam
12-20-2007, 08:44 PM
We tried Salinas ASC and it worked for us.

saturnring11
12-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Thank you for the suggestion!

Good luck with your GC process.

saturnring11
12-21-2007, 10:04 AM
What day did you go to the Salinas ASC? I'm thinking of Walking in on Saturday.

saturnring11
12-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Just got back from getting my fingerprints processed at the Salinas ASC. It was an extremely pain-free experience. Starbucks could learn about customer service from these guys!

They didn't even ask me about my appointment date (I went a full 2 weeks earlier than my rescheduled appointment). They only asked for my EAD for identification. I was in and out within 8 minutes. The 1 hour drive from San Jose is well worth it. I was the only person there for fingerprinting there that Saturday. The employees were friendly, professional and efficient.

This is in sharp contrast to the San Jose ASC, where I was told that "Neither us nor the other ASCs accept walk-ins. We cannot process fingerprints without an appointment."

Good luck to the rest of you.

Techjack
09-03-2013, 12:39 PM
I know this thread is old. I missed my appointment on Friday before Labor day weekend. I looked around multiple threads but no recent posts regarding it. So, I am posting my experience.
I went to Santa Clara, CA office (That is where my original appointment was) on Tuesday early morning and they added me to waiting list. Told me they will take me whenever a slot is available but it may take hour or more. I was done in 30 mins.