PDA

View Full Version : Eb3 Issues

vivache
10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Hey
I'm EB3 filed July 2002.
I don't see an actual end date here, so would appreciate if the gurus can weigh in on these suggestions:
1. Am fine if the GC takes 20 years as long as I have job flexibility.
Currently the new job needs to be similar to the old one and maybe a 80% match.
Considering that the GC was filed in July 2002 and it's in its 9th year and I've gained different skills, I would like to move to a diff group at work which will not be skillset fit with the job defined in July 2002.
Is there any chance that we can influence the rules so that after say 5 or 7 years after GC is applied the rule that it needs to match the original job role doesn't matter, since from a practical standpoint a lot of time has passed and the chance that the person has been reskilled, promoted etc is quite high.
Is this a possibility?

2. Can we push for GC's by tenure? Meaning the USCIS should give every applicant the GC in his 8th or 10th year(tenure TBD) by default, even if his date is not current.
Logic being if someone has been in the country for 8-10 years what's the impediment to granting him a GC? (Most countries in Europe give a permanent residence card within 5 years)

Cheers
V

MahaBharatGC
10-04-2010, 04:13 PM
vivache,

I am in the same boat. I have already taken steps to go up the career level from original position which demanded only EB3 filing. As far as my knowledge is concerned as long as you move up the level and you are within IT field, there should not be any problem.

I like your second idea...However, I am doubtful if America's Immigration Policy will allow such drastic implementation.

thomachan72
10-04-2010, 04:13 PM
hey
i'm eb3 filed july 2002.
I don't see an actual end date here, so would appreciate if the gurus can weigh in on these suggestions:
1. Am fine if the gc takes 20 years as long as i have job flexibility.
Considering that the gc was filed in july 2002 and it's in its 9th year and i've gained different skills, i would like to move to a diff group at work which will not be skillset fit with the job defined in july 2002.
Is there any chance that we can influence the rules so that after say 5 or 7 years after gc is applied the rule that it needs to match the original job role doesn't matter, since from a practical standpoint a lot of time has passed and the chance that the person has been reskilled, promoted etc is quite high.
Is this a possibility?

2. Can we push for gc's by tenure? Meaning the uscis should give every applicant the gc in his 8th or 10th year(tenure tbd) by default, even if his date is not current.
Logic being if someone has been in the country for 8-10 years what's the impediment to granting him a gc? paranoia is the only reason my friend. Under current economy it will be a bit more tough than "impossible" to get this(most countries in europe give a permanent residence card within 5 years)

cheers
v:d:d

vivache
10-04-2010, 04:23 PM
"I have already taken steps to go up the career level from original position which demanded only EB3 filing."
MahaBharatGC, does this mean that your current job doesn't match the GC filed up at all or matches a little?

SGP
10-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey
I'm EB3 filed July 2002.
1. Am fine if the GC takes 20 years as long as I have job flexibility.
Considering that the GC was filed in July 2002 and it's in its 9th year and I've gained different skills, I would like to move to a diff group at work which will not be skillset fit with the job defined in July 2002.
Is there any chance that we can influence the rules so that after say 5 or 7 years after GC is applied the rule that it needs to match the original job role doesn't matter, since from a practical standpoint a lot of time has passed and the chance that the person has been reskilled, promoted etc is quite high.
Is this a possibility?

2. Can we push for GC's by tenure? Meaning the USCIS should give every applicant the GC in his 8th or 10th year(tenure TBD) by default, even if his date is not current.
Logic being if someone has been in the country for 8-10 years what's the impediment to granting him a GC? (Most countries in Europe give a permanent residence card within 5 years)

Cheers
V

I'm pretty sure you must have gone thru the thread "Want to file I-485? Gather here". If this goes thru, this is one step towards freedom and flexibility. Please support it once you are convinced.