PDA

View Full Version : Job Change with EAD- Does the job has to be in hard to fill category.

jazzy
12-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Gentlemen,

I had a quick question with EAD I understand that I can switch job after 180 days as long as there is 50% match in job description. However my companiy's legal coordiantor send me a weird query that she cannot find the job in hard to fill category. So my question is Does the job I am applying for using my EAD has to be hard to fill as in case of H1 or the only requirement is that the job description should match 50% with the underlying LC.

Thanks for your answers.

sam_hoosier
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
The only requirement is that the new job description should be same or similar (match 50%) as the job in the underlying LC.

walking_dude
12-12-2007, 02:42 PM
According to USCIS field manual for Adjudicators (IOs who approve 485), they should use DOL O*Net Codes, to determine same or similar, while approving. This code is mentioned in your LC.

sam_hoosier
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
According to USCIS field manual for Adjudicators (IOs who approve 485), they should use DOL SOC*Net Codes, to determine same or similar, while approving. This code is mentioned in your LC.

Here is a good web resource to check the job code for your new job if using AC21.

http://online.onetcenter.org/