PDA

View Full Version : PWD wage as salary until PERM and I140 approved

gc.usa119
09-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi ALL,

I work for a small indian consultancy xxx who are filing my GC process under EB2 category. PWD for my GC came to 93K but my current salary is 65K. My employer mentioned that he would pay 93K until my PERM and I140 are approved and later switch back to 65K. Is it advisable to do so? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

smuggymba
09-29-2010, 10:00 AM
LOL ...companies come up with new and innovative ways to cheat the system....If they apply this innovative thinking at work instead of coming up with these idea, the company would grow leaps and bounds.

roseball
09-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi ALL,

I work for a small indian consultancy xxx who are filing my GC process under EB2 category. PWD for my GC came to 93K but my current salary is 65K. My employer mentioned that he would pay 93K until my PERM and I140 are approved and later switch back to 65K. Is it advisable to do so? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

No, its not. Since GC is for future employment, your company need not pay you the PW until your I-485 has been approved. Once your I-485 is approved, they have to pay you the PW.

anu_t
09-29-2010, 10:56 AM
I think in this case there are lots of chances getting an audit on labour. Too much difference in a salary.

smuggymba
09-29-2010, 11:01 AM
No, its not. Since GC is for future employment, your company need not pay you the PW until your I-485 has been approved. Once your I-485 is approved, they have to pay you the PW.

Once 485 is approved, u get ur GC........who tracks how much salary one gets after that?

roseball
09-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Once 485 is approved, u get ur GC........who tracks how much salary one gets after that?

PW is what the employer has certified to pay the beneficiary for his position as part of the PERM and I-140 application and he is required by law to do so upon I-485 approval. Whether he pays it or not or whether its tracked is not the point here. USCIS "could" make this an issue when you file for naturalization, but I have not seen or heard of any such case yet.

Sachin_Stock
09-29-2010, 01:07 PM
The company should be on the dock for not obliging the PW, not the beneficiary. If the beneficiary still continues to work for the same company and the company still doesn't raise the salary, that company should be banned, and black listed and all its contracts should be frozen.

gc.usa119
09-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi Everyone!

I thank you all for taking time in providing your valuable suggestions.