PDA

View Full Version : What is the status of I-485 after finger printing?

jawbreaker
12-12-2007, 06:05 AM
Guys, I guess almost everybody is done with their finger printing by now. I am wondering what is the status of everybody's I-485 application on the case-status-online website after finger printing? Mine is showing some weird status, so I thought I better check with others.

garamchai2go
12-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Current Status: Case received and pending.

On Month XX, CCYY, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our XXXX SERVICE CENTER location.

nashorn
12-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Guys, I guess almost everybody is done with their finger printing by now. I am wondering what is the status of everybody's I-485 application on the case-status-online website after finger printing? Mine is showing some weird status, so I thought I better check with others.
Most people got changes on the LUD date in a short period of time after their biometrics taken, but no change in the word of status.

sapota
12-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and file gathering dust waiting for visa number.

On MM DD, YYYY, we received this application and mailed you a document describing how we process it. But you do not need to bother. Our system is so screwed up that we did not know how many cases we had pending. We did not communicate with DOL and DOS properly; so we ended up causing the July Visa Bulletin fiasco, which actually screws up your case even more if you were not one of the lucky applicants to have actually obtained your GC. But your increased fees for EAD & AP renewals have afforded us new janitors, so we will try to keep your files dust free.

P.S : If you are an advanced degree holder born in India. Hahahaha.

insbaby
12-12-2007, 06:18 PM

USCIS will send an IO to your home within 48 hours. He will take pictures with your family, have lunch or dinner and issue the Green Card to every member of the family.

Saralayar
12-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On MM DD, YYYY, we received this application and mailed you a document describing how we process it. But you do not need to bother. Our system is so screwed up that we did not know how many cases we had pending. We did not communicate with DOL and DOS properly; so we ended up causing the July Visa Bulletin fiasco, which actually screws up your case even more if you were not one of the lucky applicants to have actually obtained your GC. But your increased fees for EAD & AP renewals have afforded us new janitors, so we will try to keep your files dust free.

GOOD ONE... TIME TO LAUGH AND RELAX.....:D:D;)

tcsonly
12-12-2007, 07:55 PM
USCIS will send an IO to your home within 48 hours. He will take pictures with your family, have lunch or dinner and issue the Green Card to every member of the family.

Looking at your signature, wanted to make sure you provided the answer based on your personal experiance.

I didn't know CIS became so customer oriented all of a sudden.

Desertfox
12-12-2007, 08:03 PM
This is hilarious.....lmao

Oct007
12-13-2007, 10:57 AM
Jawbreaker,

Now we just wait and hope our names dont get stuck in the FBI namecheck and then hope that visa numbers will be available.
(there are a few threads for Namecheck)

If you are on H1B, keep renewing it

If you applied for EAD and plan on using it with another employer make sure your 140 is approved and you have waited for 6 months after the I485 Receipt date before moving to a similar job.

you might get a couple of LUD's on the 485 in the mean time. ( I got one as recent as last week - not sure what it means)

budget money for EAD and AP renewals. Damn those are expensive now with the increased rates

and If nothing happens in 15 months, get ready for one more FP appointment.

check IV and other forums and help others with questions.

sayonara
12-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Guys, I guess almost everybody is done with their finger printing by now.

I think there is a significant chunk of the crowd (mostly NSC-CSC-NSC and other transfer cases) who havent got FP notices yet...so if nothing else...feel glad that you are ahead of us in the GC game...LOL