PDA

View Full Version : Mom is coming,Need help

raj1984
09-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Hi Guys

Do u know anybody is coming from India on 24 th sep 2010 in quatar airways from Hyderabad to IAD (Washington DC).If so....plz let me know B'coz my mother is coming .she needs some help at the port of entry.

Thanks in Advance

pmat
09-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Don't worry dude... if you don't find anyone, just ask your mother to ask anyone in the immigration line or sitting besides her for help. There will be lot of Indians in the flight and the immigration through IAD is a breeze.

psaxena
09-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Wife???? or mother????

Don't worry dude... if you don't find anyone, just ask your wife to ask anyone in the immigration line or sitting besides her for help. There will be lot of Indians in the flight and the immigration through IAD is a breeze.

belmontboy
09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi Guys

Do u know anybody is coming from India on 24 th sep 2010 in quatar airways from Hyderabad to IAD (Washington DC).If so....plz let me know B'coz my mother is coming .she needs some help at the port of entry.

Thanks in Advance

She can get help from airline hostess filling out I-94 form and custom's form.

Once she gets down, she could follow other passengers to Immigration area.

In immigration area there are reps who guide passengers to appropriate queue.

Last, your mom has to handle IO interview on her own - there won't be any help here.

Let her know these procedures and she would be fine by herself.

kumar1
09-21-2010, 01:41 PM
There are interpretors to help IO with non-English speaking passengers. You should not worry too much.

smuggymba
09-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks in Advance

If she does not know english, make sure you give her a letter that she can give at the PoE with all the relevant details. It should be addressed to the customs officer. That way he wouldn't ask any questions to you mom like - Why are you visitng; Till when you're here....attach the return ticket and medical insurance print out to the letter.

This will make things so easy.

thomachan72
09-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Dont wait for her to fill up the I-94 and customs forms. Formats are available online. Download them and fill in all the necessary details and send it over (email) to your mother. She will then use that format to fill in the forms. Also if there is no further connectiong from the POI then there shouldn't be any issue with bag clearance (any Indian could help her pick up those and go to the right place).
Remind her that she can afford loosing everything but the passport.

cbpds
09-21-2010, 04:11 PM
hey Thomachan,

If mom can read email, why cant she fill I94 :)......just kidding !!

Dont wait for her to fill up the I-94 and customs forms. Formats are available online. Download them and fill in all the necessary details and send it over (email) to your mother. She will then use that format to fill in the forms. Also if there is no further connectiong from the POI then there shouldn't be any issue with bag clearance (any Indian could help her pick up those and go to the right place).
Remind her that she can afford loosing everything but the passport.

forgerator
09-21-2010, 07:54 PM
make sure to get some kind of health insurance, depending on her amount of stay. It is very costly to go to hospitals here without insurance.