PDA

View Full Version : Entering US on Advance Parole

ananthd
09-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Hi Guys,

My wife was on a H1B visa with a company until June 2010. She is no longer working and her Her H1B visa is now expired.

I am in the final stage of my green card process and we have both EAD and Advance parole. Since we have valid EADs and Advance Parole documents, we didnít bother to pursue a H4 dependent visa for her. We are planning to go to Thailand next week for a 10 day vacation. I just want to confirm that she will be able to come back into the US with her Advance Parole document which is valid until June 2011.

I would really appreciate your quick response since we are looking to purchase tickets in the next couple hours.

Thanks and have a great weekend,

sunny1000
09-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Hi Guys,

My wife was on a H1B visa with a company until June 2010. She is no longer working and her Her H1B visa is now expired.

I am in the final stage of my green card process and we have both EAD and Advance parole. Since we have valid EADs and Advance Parole documents, we didnít bother to pursue a H4 dependent visa for her. We are planning to go to Thailand next week for a 10 day vacation. I just want to confirm that she will be able to come back into the US with her Advance Parole document which is valid until June 2011.

I would really appreciate your quick response since we are looking to purchase tickets in the next couple hours.

Advance Parole is good for re-entry (make sure that date is valid on the doc itself).

jungalee43
12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
I must travel to India due to family emergency. My AP is valid for next five months. But just 1 week ago we changed our residence and now I have a family emergency. So my current address is different than that on the AP. I have updated my address online AR-11and have a confirmation document with both the addresses. I will clear immigration at JFK. Would this addres change create any problem? Has anyone gone through similar situation? The new adress is in the same state, just 4 miles from previous address, but city and zip is changed. No employer change.

bsbawa10
12-23-2010, 01:58 PM
You should be fine. I have been in the exact same situation did not have any problems excepting secondary inspection in which no questions were asked.

jungalee43
12-23-2010, 03:27 PM
I also received similar mail from my attorney. I have double assurance now. Thanks.
You should be fine. I have been in the exact same situation did not have any problems excepting secondary inspection in which no questions were asked.

dassumi
12-23-2010, 03:58 PM
This interests me. I am in the cross roads of my career where I have been offered a job that requires a lot of international travel. I was told that since we are adjusting status, it is not a status and countries like Thailand (any country) will not give you a visa as you dont have a status in the US. Would like to know more on this topic - I am sure there are others in this boat.

Hi Guys,

dassumi
12-23-2010, 04:00 PM
You can use your AP with no issues. That's the exact intent of that document.

Hi Guys,

sioux
12-24-2010, 11:33 AM
How long is the AP approval taking these days?

Pria
01-02-2011, 10:59 AM
My husband, the primary applicant is a temporary non immigrant worker on H1B visa. I have been on an H4 status for the last 6 years since we relocated to the U.S. Our I-485 is on track and continued (visa availability). I've had an EAD for the past 3 years (renewed twice and now valid until 2012) but never used it, until recently...

I used my EAD very briefly and unfortunately had to leave my job due to personal reasons within 3 weeks of joining. Have I lost my H4 Status? What status am I on now? I want to travel to India in Feb-March. What procedure do I need to follow to make it happen. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pria

sunny1000
01-02-2011, 05:59 PM
My husband, the primary applicant is a temporary non immigrant worker on H1B visa. I have been on an H4 status for the last 6 years since we relocated to the U.S. Our I-485 is on track and continued (visa availability). I've had an EAD for the past 3 years (renewed twice and now valid until 2012) but never used it, until recently...

I used my EAD very briefly and unfortunately had to leave my job due to personal reasons within 3 weeks of joining. Have I lost my H4 Status? What status am I on now? I want to travel to India in Feb-March. What procedure do I need to follow to make it happen. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pria

Yes, you have lost your H4 status once you have used the EAD. Currently, you are in the middle of "adjustment of status" (AOS) from a non-immigrant to an immigrant.

In order to travel to India, you can apply for Advance Parole (AP) document, with your current AOS, for travel purposes. It takes approx 3 months to get AP. So, start your application asap.

CAUTION: DO NOT travel WITHOUT your APPROVED Advance Parole in hand or else your GC application is deemed abandoned (no exceptions).

Below is the link for Advance Parole:

USCIS - I-131, Application for Travel Document (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=b11747a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=7d316c0b4c3bf110VgnVCM1000004718190a RCRD)

Pria
01-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks so much for taking time to respond. I have e-filed my application and am sending all supporting documents today. It appears that the processing time is about 90 days, so I might not be able to leave in Feb afterall. But at least I will have my Travel document ready for any future travel plans.
Best,
Pria

andycool
01-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks so much for taking time to respond. I have e-filed my application and am sending all supporting documents today. It appears that the processing time is about 90 days, so I might not be able to leave in Feb afterall. But at least I will have my Travel document ready for any future travel plans.
Best,
Pria

Pria

send 2 photos too, even though the application tells do not send photos ( e filed ) , I suggest you to send photos.

thanks

Pria
01-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the information. As suggested, I sent two PP size photos along with the docs.
Pria