PDA

View Full Version : EB 2 - More RFEs than EB 3?

ImmiRam
09-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi,

I have 7+ years of progressinve experiene (no masters) and my employer filed my case in EB3 instead of EB2 because of my Salary (less than Prevailing wages). My LC just got approved last week and employer has not filed I140 yet.
Since my LC was filed I have got a promotion and my salary has increased now, so I guess I will qualify for EB2. I will ask my employer if he can file I140 in EB2 eventough LC was filed in EB3. My questions are:
1) Is it possible to change from EB3 to EB2 before filing I140 without doing LC again ?
2) I did some reeasearch online and in some forums it is mentioned that EB2 applications with no masters are prone to getting more RFEs - is it true? Is there anyway we can pull some statistics on number of EB2 REFS v/s EB3 RFES ? I dont wnat to change to EB2 and then end up getting RFEd :(

Please let me know your expert opinions - thanks :)

redcard
09-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Hi,

I have 7+ years of progressinve experiene (no masters) and my employer filed my case in EB3 instead of EB2 because of my Salary (less than Prevailing wages). My LC just got approved last week and employer has not filed I140 yet.
Since my LC was filed I have got a promotion and my salary has increased now, so I guess I will qualify for EB2. I will ask my employer if he can file I140 in EB2 eventough LC was filed in EB3. My questions are:
1) Is it possible to change from EB3 to EB2 before filing I140 without doing LC again ?
2) I did some reeasearch online and in some forums it is mentioned that EB2 applications with no masters are prone to getting more RFEs - is it true? Is there anyway we can pull some statistics on number of EB2 REFS v/s EB3 RFES ? I dont wnat to change to EB2 and then end up getting RFEd :(

Please let me know your expert opinions - thanks :)

You will have to re-file the LC for EB2. You can file I-140 only in the category your LC was approved for.

btw, I would suggest you to work on your English, it will help.

ImmiRam
09-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks Redcard. Any inputs on Question 2 ?

P.S: Sorry, I just type fast and do not do spell check (hasn't been a issue so far with auto spell checks) - But I will double check before posting in forums.

redcard
09-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks Redcard. Any inputs on Question 2 ?

P.S: Sorry, I just type fast and do not do spell check (hasn't been a issue so far with auto spell checks) - But I will double check before posting in forums.

Np, RFE's have nothing to do with the EB2/Eb3. As long as your job requirements meet the EB2 requirements and your company has substantiated the recruitment process you should be ok.

ImmiRam
09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
You will have to re-file the LC for EB2. You can file I-140 only in the category your LC was approved for.

btw, I would suggest you to work on your English, it will help.

Follow up question - When an employer files for LC - do they mention the EB category for the LC ? I thought LC is more about skillsets and salary and category is more of USCIS thing. I might be wrong. Please help me out.

veni001
09-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Follow up question - When an employer files for LC - do they mention the EB category for the LC ? I thought LC is more about skillsets and salary and category is more of USCIS thing. I might be wrong. Please help me out.

EB category will be set by USCIS not DOL, DOL compares skill sets against industry standard, if it is different then there is a possibility for audit and/or RFE for business necessity. Once PERM is approved form i-140 has several questions which provide basis to categorize that particular Immigrant worker petition. :o

India_USA
09-14-2010, 10:16 AM
does your job require a masters degree?

ImmiRam
09-14-2010, 12:16 PM
EB category will be set by USCIS not DOL, DOL compares skill sets against industry standard, if it is different then there is a possibility for audit and/or RFE for business necessity. Once PERM is approved form i-140 has several questions which provide basis to categorize that particular Immigrant worker petition. :o

Thank you! I will check with my employer if they can file I140 in EB2!!

ImmiRam
09-14-2010, 12:21 PM
does your job require a masters degree?

May or may not. There are people with masters and without masters. But it definately requires 5+ years of experience in a specific domain.