PDA

View Full Version : Infopass appoinmnt/walkin in LA

rk2006
09-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi,
I applied for AP 2 months ago and my current AP expired. I got some family emergency back home and I need to travel ASAP. I took the infopass aptmnt and they gave me after 10days. I called USCIS and they told I have to wait for that appoinmnt day.

Has any one tried walkin to local UCSIC office ? I am planing to walkin as I need to travel to India for sure. I live in LA. Any experiences here ?

Thanks in advance!

neverbefore
09-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Hi,
I applied for AP 2 months ago and my current AP expired. I got some family emergency back home and I need to travel ASAP. I took the infopass aptmnt and they gave me after 10days. I called USCIS and they told I have to wait for that appoinmnt day.

Has any one tried walkin to local UCSIC office ? I am planing to walkin as I need to travel to India for sure. I live in LA. Any experiences here ?

Thanks in advance!

I have not done a walk-in but I can tell you that when you get to the building (300 N Los Angeles Ave), go up the steps and bear left. You will find an entrance there for Infopass. Otherwise, you will end up standing in the line with the rest till someone wakes up and calls out for Infopass guys to follow him to the entrance I mentioned.

Infopass appointments are attended to on the same floor (first floor) where you enter.

Additionally, in case you have never been to this place, it is a one-way nightmare unless you get lucky or know your way around. If you get there from the 101, take the exit called Los Angeles Avenue (our nav asked us to take Broadway) and park in the "Los Angeles Mall's" underground parking lot, which is bang opposite the USCIS building. This place is no mall but carries that name. It has some eateries in there.

In case you need internet / printing services, there is an Office Depot a few blocks away. Hopefully you won't need any of that. Good luck.

One more thing. Do not walk unless you get a Walk signal on the street. I once got a jaywalking ticket at this place.

dhiru
09-08-2010, 01:58 PM
I have recently done it. My EAD was expiring on August 18th 2010 and was only able to get an INFOPASS appointment for September 30th 2010. I took a copy of the appointment and went to the Washington filed office on August 18th and explained that I could not get an earlier appointment and have an emergency. The officer took my September appointment and allowed me in.

rk2006
09-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks both of you guys for the reply.

Dhiru,
You went to get EAD and showed some emergency and they gave you EAD? Can you please elaborate little bit if you dont mind or PM/email me

dhiru
09-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Well.. I told them that I will be loosing my job if I don't receive the EAD in the next one week and it was more than 90 days that I have applied for EAD. The officer sent an email to the texas service center to expedite the process and the next day I received an approval email. It took exactly one week to get the card.